Promise

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「SEHUN'S P.O.V」

Haneul and I were on our way to my house to hang out alone for the first time in a while. I was driving and I noticed that Haneul was upset... over something, but I didn't know what. She wasn't like her usual bubbly self so I was a bit worried. Although it would make sense to just ask her straight up what's making her upset, I felt as if she didn't really want to talk about it... so I let it be.

I stepped out of my car and opened her car door for her. She smiled warmly and bowed her head to thank me. We walked inside and the house was quiet. My mom had left me a note saying not to get too crazy... but what would me and Haneul--

Oh, right.

Anyway, I escorted her up the stairs and we talked for a while about things irrelevant to her earlier mood. She lightened up a bit, and she was going to a bunch more slowly, but surely. I was going to make sure of it. I offered her many things and although she rejected, I gave them to her anyway... like chocolate. She's a big fan of chocolate and I know that...

Because my mom said a girl's first love will always be chocolate.

And so I trusted my mom and got a load of chocolate, various kinds, ranging from cheap to expensive. Haneul happily dug in and she looked like she fell in love all over again... with... chocolate. She had offered me some and I kindly rejected, I'm more of a fruit candy kind of guy.

Then she stuck a piece of chocolate in and offered me again.

As much as I wanted to, I kindly rejected once again. I wanted to take things slow because we've gone way too fast before. Each and every single time ended up in us being terribly miserable because of me.

So I want to change for Haneul and make her mine, just not now. We watched movies and talked about things.

"Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, why?"

"Just wondering."

She smiled and reassured me, but who is she trying to fool with those dark eyes? I didn't pester her any further.

We continued to quietly watch movies and I heard a sniffle, and then another, and continous sniffles. I looked down at Haneul and she was... crying. We were watching a pretty happy movie so I didn't understand what was wrong. Was it something I did? Did something remind her of her father? In the midst of my thoughts, she suddenly pressed her face against my chest. I expected that to happen but it still caught me by surprise.

I began her luscious hair and tried to calm her down.

She didn't say anything, she just continued to cry and I was totally fine with it.

"I'm sorry" she muttered while pushing away to wipe her tears. I nodded and continued to watch the movie.

"I..."

I looked at her to let her know that I had her full attention.

"I'm thankful for you" she smiled and I smiled back at her. We continued to watch the movie together.

"Aren't you curious as to why I cried?"

"Yes, but I didn't want to bother you" I answered truthfully.

"What makes you think you would bother me, Sehun? You can ask me anything and I'd be happy to reply."

I nodded my head and looked at my TV.

"Luhan"

I looked at her in utter confusion.

Did she just call me...

"It was Luhan."

Oh, so that's what made her cry.

...

That bastard. I will--

"Before you think about killing him, just know that it wasn't because he hurt me physically or anything. It's just... I don't know. I guess... I kind of developed feelings for him you know? And now he has a girlfriend and..."

She went on but I zoned out. I mean the fact that she was going to have feelings for him was bound to happen because they spent so much time together... but I had only imagined. I didn't think that she would have actually fallen for him. I felt my heart sink into my stomach and burn up in my stomach acid.

"So that's why I was crying..."

I nodded my head and apologized for not being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter