Coffee (ALTERNATIVE ENDING)

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few years later…

 

 

「YOUR P.O.V」

Things didn’t work out with Sehun and me like I had planned it all out. He didn’t end up going to the same college as me and we just fought way too much. Long distance relationships were much harder than I thought they would be, so we just broke it off mutually and we still talk every now and then. Sure, I still have feelings for him and maybe he has some for me, maybe not, but it doesn’t matter now. We’ve both decided to leave our high school lives behind us because that’s all we can honestly do. As heartbreaking as it sounds, we’re fine now. We’ve both moved on with our lives and he’s told me he’s been talking to a bunch of girls, trying to get me “jealous.”

I don’t know who he thinks he is, but it’s not working. I’m not THAT clingy and I can take care of my love life. I could find a boyfriend if I really wanted, but that’s not what I need. College is hard and I don’t need a boyfriend to distract me, at least that’s what I’m trying to convince myself.

Sunghyun has already graduated and is in a college not too far from me. We’ve become closer since we’re not living with each other anymore.

My mom got a boyfriend, and he’s pretty nice, so both Sunghyun and I have accepted him. It’s also not fair for my mom to have to spend her time alone while we’re out doing our own things to be successful in the future.

Saebom and Chanyeol are still happy together and they had their baby! He turned out to be a boy and they named him after Luhan. I was excited and he’s just the cutest little button in the world!

Speaking of Luhan… I haven’t spoken to that boy in the longest time. Neither of us bothered to text or call, so we just kept it that way. I don’t mind though, I’m sure he’s having a great time with his girlfriend Krystal. But I do miss him and think of him from time to time. I’ve made new friends and they’re all pretty nice.

My roommate is nice too… and she smells like peaches. Which is a good thing, of course! She compliments me all the time, and I return them because she’s a beauty. She’s really nice and we both have the same hometown. How cool is that?

Hyuna… she’s changed. For the better! I ran into her (not literally) a couple of weeks ago and she apologized for everything she did to me. I brushed it off because that was high school and I’ve decided to let my past make me better, not bitter. We’re now friends and we keep in contact.

Instead of studying in the library with my roommate and our mutual friends, I decided to go to a coffee shop nearby and study alone. It isn’t exactly the best idea to study with them anyway because all we would get done was… well, nothing actually. They’re nice people, but they’re not your ideal study mates.

I had been sitting for what felt like hours and typing away, sipping my caramel macchiato. This essay had to be at least 10 pages long and I wasn’t going to fail. I had been determined and I had about six pages down. The waitress came over every now and then and gave me a new cup, free of charge. I offered her money, but she shook her head and wished me luck each time she came back.

She went to my school as well; she just worked whenever she didn’t have class. She was one of the smarter people in my school and was kind too. Her name… I didn’t catch it the first few times she told me because she speaks very quietly, but good thing her work requires her to wear a nametag. Her name is Seohyun. My mom would have been lecturing me to be like Seohyun if she were here, but she isn’t and I’m glad.

I nearly fell asleep and decided to take a restroom break.

“Could you watch my stuff for me, Seohyun?” I smiled and she nodded while cleaning her working station. After splashing my face with water, I walked back out and looked around to find lots of other people working at their essays too. I smiled and didn’t feel so stressed out anymore. I sighed and cracked my fingers before typing away again.

But before I could, the usual bell rang when someone walked inside. I looked up and… there was a familiar figure. He looked around the shop and took a seat at a table near the door. He… looked so damn familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I stared for what seemed like forever and Seohyun walked over to me.

“Are you alright?” she asked, smiling while pouring me some more coffee.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I replied, smiling reassuringly.

“You don’t look like it. You look like you just saw a ghost… what’s up?” she took a seat next to me.

“I’m fine, really! You should get back to work” I lightly shoved her but she pushed my hands away.

“I’m on break, silly! What’s going on?” she asked while taking a sip of coffee.

“Ah, well there’s… this… person and… they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter