My Perspective

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「LUHAN'S P.O.V」  [A/N: Surprise!]
 

We all want things in life, but we don't necessarily need it. That's my situation with Haneul, I don't actually need her... but I do want her. News speculated around school that there was a new girl in town, and I was curious as to how she looked like. I didn't really expect anything new, just any other regular girl at our school. My appearance didn't make me stand out as much as people like Oh Sehun. He was tall, slender, pretty lean, which made any girl fall in love with him. I envied him.  I was tall and skinny, I wore thick glasses and clothes that were handed down to me from my older brothers who have already graduated. I wasn't anything, I didn't really care for anyone. School was my number one priority... until I saw Ahn Haneul. The first time I laid eyes on her was when I was making my way to my next class when I saw this tall, skinny, and absolutely stunning girl wandering around campus. She looked like she was having the greatest time of her life... just looking at all the features of the school.

My heart skipped a beat-- no, make that many beats. Her beauty was radiating, and her smile could kill a man, of course not literally... But it could make a guy melt. I stayed to watch her, that was until I saw Sehun from afar getting closer to her. My teeth clenched, he was going to make a move on her. As soon as he did, they made conversation and I took my eyes away from the scene. I couldn't watch it anymore, Sehun was going to take her and that was that... But it's not like I would have done anything anyway. I was too shy, too unexperienced with girls. I let my chance slip and now I have to pay the price by watching that damn Sehun make her his. I hated that guy... No, I didn't hate him. I can't hate a person I don't know. I envied him, loathed him for being such a perfect guy and having this advantage to make everyone fall for him at first sight. I sighed and continued to walk to my class.

Months passed and still, I didn't make my move. I saw her every now and then, but I never actually tried to talk to her; I was still too shy. It was winter, but her beauty still radiated and I could feel it from miles and miles away. I sound like a creep, but god that girl is so darn beautiful. I heard she got beat up by Hyuna and her stupid posse, I never liked them. She wasn't at school for a couple of days so I had nothing to look forward to other than learning. I enjoyed school, I enjoyed learning, and now I enjoy creeping on Haneul from a distance.

Just kidding, but I really do like her appearance. She's so different from every other girl on this campus. She doesn't have to cake on make up to be beautiful, she's all natural. The way she dresses is much different from every other girl on this campus as well. I don't know, there's just something about her that makes me so... attracted to her.

She came back from the hospital and I was excited... and of course she was with Sehun. Agh, that guy, he takes all the good things in life from me. I heard that he was in the theatre room singing to her. He asked her to senior ball and she said yes. I was crushed... but I decided that I needed to up my appearance. I devised a plan and the first part of it was to ask my mom if I could get prescribed contacts, and she said no at first, but I used my aegyo and it worked like a charm. So a week later, they came in and I was excited. My next plan was to ask her if we could go shopping for my new clothes, and she started to question why I was asking for all these new things... then I did my aegyo and she said yes once again. We went out and I bought everything I could, and everything she approved of. After a day of shopping, we returned home and I took off my glasses, put my contacts on.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like a totally different person. Next was to try on my new clothes and make a decent outfit out of all the random clothes I bought. I tried it on, and looked at myself in the mirror once again. I smiled and thought that maybe this might catch her attention. I looked different, I didn't even recognize myself. I stepped out of my room to see if my mom would like it.

"MOM?" I yelled.

"Down here in the kitchen!" she replied. I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. She was busy cutting up vegetables for dinner, but turned around when she heard my footsteps.

"Omo, who are you?" she smiled.

"Luhan!" I smiled back. She came over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"What's with the sudden change in your outfit?" she asked. I just shrugged and ran back upstairs.

"DINNER WILL BE READY SOON!" she shouted and I closed my door to put on my regular outfit, take out my contacts to put my thick glasses on, and went downstairs to help my mom with the rest of dinner. We ate, I helped her clean, went back upstairs, finished my remaining homework,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter