Bitter

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Okay, I know this is my own fic but omg I love the hanhan pair so much that I decided to make Luhan an official character in the story and to make this even worse/better for you all, depending on who you ship more, he's gonna create a love triangle. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE OK HAVE FUN READING]

「YOUR P.O.V」

I ran.

I ran as far away from Sehun and Eunjung as possible.

He didn't bother to chase after me, which really means he's gotten over me.

I refused to believe it at first, the timespan he had to do so was so short... But I guess it just means he has that "player" type of mindset.

"On to the next one," I repeated endlessly in my head at the thought of Sehun.

I've dated plenty, but I've never liked them as much as I liked... maybe even loved Sehun.

I stopped running once I realized my chest was tightening on me, and if I didn't stop soon, my anxiety and asthma attack would take action. I stopped to breathe, saw a small coffee shop, and walked inside to take a seat.

One of the employees came over to me, took out his notepad, and asked me if I needed anything. I looked up, eyes probably bloodshot and puffy from the tears I cried, only to find that it was Luhan.

"Haneul?" his voice was soft and gentle, and as soothing as it was, it didn't help me feel any better.

"Oh, Luhan..." I stuttered.

"What's wrong?" he rubbed my back reassuringly, and then took a seat across from me.

I looked down at the table, only to find John Berger's And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos right in front of me.

"I... Sehun and I... are no longer talking." he looked at me, and I looked out the window. The sun that was there before was suddenly covered by clouds.

It was going to rain.

"Sorry to hear that" he said as he grabbed my hand, once again trying to reassure me.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault" I attempted to smile, but failed. I was at my weakest state.

"Sorry..." I looked at him, and geniunely smiled. He's one of those people who apologize for everything, even when told not to.

"Luhan" someone tapped his shoulder, "please get back to work."

I looked at him, then up at the unfamiliar figure, and they looked back at me.

Luhan got up, "sorry Haneul. We can talk later, my shift ends later at night so just call me if you need anything." He smiled and continued to serve other tables.

"I hope he wasn't bothering you" it was Luhan's manager. She was strict toward her employees, but nice to her customers. I couldn't tell whether it was sincere, or if she just wanted money... either way, her tone of voice was so soothing that it didn't even matter.

"Not at all," I smiled and she walked away.

I looked back down at the book in front of me, and decided to analyze it.

"112 pages" I said to myself, looking up only to find Luhan staring at me. He laughed quietly... he caught me talking to myself. My face was red, at least I thought it was.

112 pages was very little compared to other books and could be easily read in an hour. However, I wanted to read this and make sure that each page of the book got the attention it needed.

So I flipped to the first page, where all the copyright was placed.

I flipped some more, and got to the table of contents, then flipped again.

"Part One is about Time
Part Two is about Space."

I knew this book was going to be good, I could sense it. Before I read, I ordered a small cup of black coffee. Usually, I would add cream and sugar to give it the sweet flavor I loved... but I decided to try it without adding all that it.

I took a sip, bitter was the first thing that came to mind, and it suddenly became the most favorite thing to me.

I guess you could say coffee describes my personality... if that makes sense.

I started reading, and I was at the coffee shop for more than five hours, sitting by myself, slowly taking in the bitter coffee while reading.

Old customers left, new customers came, and I stayed.

The coffee turned cold, and I wasn't finished with it yet, nor was I finished with the book, but the shop was closing soon as I looked at the time. It was already 9, and I had several missed calls.

The first few were from Sehun, at least I think it was. I wasn't too sure now. I remembered his phone number by heart, but slowly and surely started forgetting it. I deleted his number from my contacts, he didn't matter to me anymore... at least I don't think so.

The next few were from my mom and my brother, my phone was on vibrate the whole time and I didn't realize it until now. I'll be in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter