The Trip [1/5]

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「YOUR P.O.V」

"ARE YOU ALL PACKED YET?" I heard my mom scream from the laundry room.

"ALMOST!" I shouted back. My voice nearly cracked from all the excitement and anticipation. I was really looking forward to this camping trip, as you can tell. I checked on the school site for more information about the area we were staying around and it was near my hometown. I was actually quite familiar with the campsite so things would probably be more fun for me than anyone else.

"Here are the remainder of your clothes" my mom sighed as she poured my clothes out onto my floor. "It's a lot, I mean, a lot for three days." I just smiled at her and she smiled back. "You be good and don't do anything that would make me kick you out of my house, understand?"

"MOM!" I groaned and she just started to laugh.

"Kidding, but have fun and get home safely" she walked over to me, kissed my forehead, and walked out my door. I continued to pack the remainder of my clothes into my dufflebag and every other article of clothing that didn't fit into my backpack. It's better to pack more and be prepared than less and stress about it later. As I was finishing up, I got a call from Saebom.

[A/N: You = blue, Saebom = green]

"Yo!"

"Hey! Are you almost finished?"

"Yeah, almost!"

"Alright, I'll come over as soon as I can. We'll be leaving for the bus in approximately... 20 minutes, so I'll be there in five."

"Sounds perfect."

"Hehe, are you excited?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Okay, I'll go finish packing now. See you soon!"

"Bye!"

I threw my phone on my bed and continued to pack.

Right when the doorbell rang, I had finished packing just about everything. I ran downstairs to open the door only to find Saebom holding way more luggage than I had.

"Uh, what's with all the stuff..?" I scanned her up and down, and all her bags too.

"The more the better!" she laughed, and I shook my head at her.

"Aish, okay, let's get all our stuff packed into the car." I suggested and she agreed.

"BYE HONEY! I LOVE YOU. STAY SAFE!" I heard from a distance.

"MOM! THERE'S A REASON WHY I TOLD YOU TO PARK ALL THE WAY OVER THERE!" she yelled, embarrassed. I lightly slapped Saebom's arm and walked over to Mrs. Hwang's car and smiled at her.

"I'll be sure to keep Saebom out of trouble" I reassured her with a wink, and she smiled at me.

"Thank you darling, I'll see you two soon alright? You stay safe too!" she said as she started her engine.

"I will, thank you!" I bowed to her and walked back to my porch. I looked around and saw Luhan quietly putting his things into his dad's car. He's going too... Well this is going to be even more interesting than I thought.

I shook my thoughts away and walked over to Saebom who was waiting for me to open the car.

"I saw you making googly eyes at Bambi over there." she glared at me.

"I wasn't making googly eyes for your information, I was just casually looking around and he just happened to be outside of his house putting things into his car." I retorted while unlocking the car.

"Right..." she smirked and started to throw her luggage into the trunk.

I don't have a thing for Luhan. My heart belongs to Sehun and Sehun only! I thought to myself, of course. If Saebom heard me, she would probably kick me in my shin for arguing back with her. Meh.

We finally got settled and I hopped into the back seat with Saebom so we could chat and talk amongst ourselves while my mom eavesdropped and laughed along with us. On the way to school, we talked about so many subjects at once that my mom nearly screamed her head off because our excessive talking gave her a headache. We quieted down for her but we all just started to laugh because of the awkward atmosphere. We finally arrived at school where many people were already waiting and people who just arrived who were putting their bags inside the charter buses.

"NEAT! CHARTER BUSES! They're so comfortable and nice to sleep in!" Saebom stared out the window in awe. I pinched her cheek and opened the car door when we arrived. I opened the trunk so we could take all our stuff out. After approximately five minutes, we finally finished and I walked over to the window my mom was at. We talked for a few seconds before she told me to stay safe. She kissed my cheek and I returned it, then she drove off for work.

As she drove off, I walked over to where my bags were-- where I thought they were at least. They weren't there and I looked around to find Saebom who was wandering off somewhere. What... My bags disappeared so fast and-- Then a pair of hands covered my eyes yet again in the midst of my thoughts and asked me to guess who they were.

"Oh I don't know... I don't have a boyfriend or anything so you could be..." I paused.

"A child molester."

The voice gasped and I started to laugh as they uncovered my eyes.

"Baby! I thought I was your boyfriend..." Sehun pouted as he pinched my face.

"Well you thought wrong" I stuck my tongue out at him. He was carrying my bags for me and we walked over to the bus to put them in. As we stood in line to put my stuff away, he looked at me.

"You're kidding, right?" he said letting out a soft chuckle.

"No" I sternly said and kept looking forward to avoid eye contact. He looked forward as well and I took a sidelong glance at him. I broke my composure and started to giggle uncontrollably until I looked up at him. He looked at me funny, because I was laughing to myself and he had no idea what was going on.

"I love you" I said as I intertwined our hands and he smiled at the reassurance and we moved forward and finally put my bags in. He twirled me in a circle and we made our way inside the crowded charter bus. I awkwardly walked passed Luhan who gave me a faint smile and head nod. Oh how my heart broke into a million pieces for this boy... I removed my hand from Sehun's and asked him if I could talk to Luhan for a bit. He hesitantly nodded and made his way to the back where most of his friends, including the Chanbom couple, who were already sitting.

I walked back and tapped his shoulder. He directed his gaze from the window to me as I asked,

"Is this seat taken?"

He smiled at me and shook his head. I sat down and he just continued to look at me as if I were crazy.

"What are you doing here?" he asked while blinking his eyes in confusion.

"Just thought you wanted a buddy to talk to!" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Thanks Haneul, but I think I'll be okay. Besides, your boyfriend looks like he's going to kill me if you don't get back there as soon as possible" he looked behind us and I looked too. But Sehun directed his glare at Chanyeol to make it look like he wasn't looking at us. Chanyeol just looked at him wondering what he did wrong and they started to laugh to each other as Sehun began to talk to him.

"Don't worry about him. He has plenty of friends. I'll be right back, alright?" he nodded and I walked to the back of the bus.

"Hey baby" Sehun smiled, and I just glared at him.

"What?" he asked trying to change the subject as he looked away.

"Why were you glaring at Luhan?" he shrugged his shoulders and pretended as if nothing happened while he talked to his friends behind him.

"Well I'm going to sit next to him on the way there because you're being unreasonable" I said and turned my heel to walk away, but Sehun grabbed onto my wrist.

"No, I'm sorry. Please stay..." he begged, but I shook my head.

"I'll come back, Luhan needs a friend for now. Don't be such a jerk and lighten u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter