Graduation and the End

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「YOUR P.O.V」

Although graduation doesn't start until later, my mind and body wanted to wake me up early no matter how tired I was. I yawned and walked into my restroom, looking at the bags under my eyes. I tried countless times to go back to sleep but it was impossible. I splashed my face with water and brushed my teeth, slowly treading out to the middle of my room while ruffling my hair. I look around and realize that my walls are blank, which is unusual for me. I usually have at least a few posters of my favorite K-IDOLs.

And polaroids of my friends and I... which I have yet to take.

I rummaged through my closet and found the dress I'm wearing for graduation. Although it didn't really matter what I wore underneath my white graduation robe... I wanted something nice, but not too fancy. This suited me the most and I was content with my decision. Besides, it was the only thing I could afford with my own money, I didn't want to bother my mom to buy me something that I could afford on my own.

I went downstairs and found my mom asleep on the table. I smiled and realized she had stayed up all night to prepare for my graduation party... strictly family. And that was a good thing for me, because inviting my friends would have been a hassle anyway.

Knowing me, with all my friends...

That I can count... on one hand.

I woke her up and she got up slowly, moving to the couch and falling quickly asleep again. I wish I could do that...

I cleaned her mess and prepared breakfast for myself. I had a long day ahead of me and I can't get anything done on an empty stomach! As soon as I inhaled all of my food, I looked around and my mom did a pretty good job at decorating. I walked over to the table and saw a family picture that my mom had kept to herself for some time and smiled. My dad looked so happy carrying me and my mom, who was pregnant with Sunghyun at the time, was smiling as well. Things... were amazing.

I miss my father.

And I'm sure he'd be happy to see his daughter graduating.

Then I thought about what he had said in my dreams and smiled.

I guess it's time for me to stop being indecisive and choose the man I want to marry, hm? But it's no rush, it can wait until after graduation of course. I walked back upstairs quietly and started getting ready for the day. I started with my makeup and slowly made my way to my hair. It took me a good three hours to work on everything because I made sure to use my time wisely. Sunghyun stepped inside my room and smiled.

"Neomu yeppeo~" he sang and I laughed.

"What are you doing in here?"

"Just making sure you're still alive. Mom told me to check on you" he laughed and walked over. "You need more blush... and retouch your eyeliner!"

"Since when were you a professional in makeup?" I asked while doing as he told.

"Since Jieun put makeup on me..." he trailed off, embarrassed. I smiled. "She said I would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter