Enough [2/2]

The New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「YOUR P.O.V」

I looked at Luhan in complete and utter shock. I had an idea of how this would all turn out, but I didn't expect it to turn out like this. He avoided eye contact with me and we didn't talk for a few minutes. I didn't want to speak up because I didn't know if he wanted to talk about it at all.

"Luhan, I--" he waved his hand at me.

"No, it's okay. I understand." he sighed and got up.

"Luhan, can we just talk about it?" he shook his head at me.

"Why not?" I asked him and he just froze at my door. He almost twisted the door knob, but didn't and kept his hand there.

"Because I know how this will turn out and I know it's not what I want it to be." his voice cracked. Please don't tell me you're crying Luhan...

I got up and walked toward him, extending my hand out to reassuringly rub his arm.

"Come back Luhan and let's talk about it... please..." he let go of the door knob, turned toward me, and nodded while wiping his tears away. I didn't want to see him like this. He was such a happy and loving person, so it hurt me to see him in a weak state. I led him toward my bed and sat him down.

"I'll go get something for you to drink, just stay right there, okay?" I smiled and he just nodded. I ran downstairs to get a cup of water and walked as fast as I could back up without spilling any.

As soon as I came back through the doors, Luhan was just lying there staring blankly at my ceiling.

"Luhan?" his body shot straight up and he apologized.

"No need to be sorry!" I smiled at him and he attempted to smile back. I handed him the glass of water and he took small sips of it.

"So tell me, why are you crying?" I patted his shoulder and he just stared at the glass of water I gave to him.

"I... I don't really know actually." he stuttered, and I sighed.

 

 

 

"You'd be a great boyfriend." I accidentally blurted out. Ahhh, Haneul, you dummy.

"Do you really think so?" he smiled while staring at me.

"Yeah, I do." I smiled back. I wasn't lying, I was actually being quite honest with him.

"For you?" he smirked, and I lightly punched his arm.

"Kidding!" he pouted while rubbing his arm. I chuckled at the sight of it. He was smiling again, but when I looked into his eyes, they weren't... the same.

"Maybe..." he whispered, and I looked at him. I shook my head and he just smiled.

 

 

"Haneul?" he asked while fidgeting his fingers.

"Hm?" he stared at me before asking his question.

"Why don't you like me?" I almost choked on my own saliva... Which I didn't think was possible.

"What do you mean? Of course I like you!" he shook his head at me.

"No, I mean... in THAT way." his voice trailed off. He avoided eye contact with me once again and his face was turning a light shade of pink.

I didn't speak.

Because... Well... I didn't know if I didn't like him in that way. I mean yeah, I do like Sehun a lot but is it possible that I like Luhan too?

 

 

... This isn't right. I only have room for one guy in my life and liking two at the same time isn't right. I sighed and finally decided to answer.

"Because I can only like one person Luhan... And it just so happened to be Sehun." he nodded and I felt a tiny stab in my chest.

"I'm so sorry..." and he just shook his head.

"I understand." he said quietly.

The silence in the room prospered for a good five minutes or so.

 

 

Of course until Luhan blurted out,

"It makes sense I guess."

I looked at him like he was speaking another language.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and he just kept staring at the floor.

"That you like Sehun and not me." he kept looking down and I asked him to elaborate.

"This always happens. I never win-- I mean you aren't a prize or anything, but I can never ever get what I want. Sehun always does. He gets away with so much and I have to try so hard to beat him at everything even though he doesn't know it. He doesn't know me but I know him. I know him so well and it's just... So aggravating." I stared at him for the longest time and he finally made eye contact with me.

"It ..." he laughed dryly.

" because he's the popular guy with the great life and I'm the 'nerd' that doesn't and won't get much. I try so hard..." his voice started to crack again.

"Luhan... you're speaking nonsense..." I said quietly, and he quickly stood up.

"Haneul... I'm speaking the truth. For once in my life I wanted to be happy with a beautiful girl that I like so much, but I can't even get that..." he trailed off again while wiping his tears away.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I felt terrible, but what could I do?

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this..." and I shook my head.

"Ah, it's alright. I owe you anyway." and he nodded.

"Look, Luhan. Here's the thing... I met Sehun first and therefore, I choose him. I know he made a stupid mistake, but I can't just leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter