XLV - A Glimpse of Woohyun Part 1

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three Days After the Accident

 

It was dark. It was too relaxing. He felt like he hadn’t had any rest for a while and he wanted to stay where he was. It was very serene. He could hear but he couldn’t see but his mind was so clear. That voice. Sunggyu. He heard him. He was asking him to stay with him. But where? He was fine where he was.

 

 

"No no no... Woohyun stay with me."

 

I'm trying Gyu but I'm tired. So exhausted. I just want to lay here peacefully.

 

 

"Hyun, please you can't do this to me. You cannot go. You can't leave me. Don't do this please. Stay with me please. Stay please."

 

I wanted to stay too but my my body wanted to rest now. I'm very tired Gyu. My body hurts, my heart hurts. I want to sleep longer. It’s a little bit cold but I’m comfortable here.

 

 

"I love you Woohyun, stay with me. Come back."

 

Stop crying Gyu. I love you too. I will come back, I hope so. I couldn’t promise that I would. I could only hope just like you. But in any event that I couldn’t, please let me go.

 

 

Thirteen Days After the Accident

 

He heard his voice again. He kept on hearing him everyday. There was a struggle mixed in his Gyu’s voice and it was breaking his heart. He was trying to move but something was pinning his body and he couldn’t move. His eyes. He couldn’t open it.

 

 

"... If he cares for me why does it feels like he doesn't want to wake up because of me. If he cares, why wouldn't his hands move and wipe away my tears? If he loves me Woo, why is he doing this to me? Everyday I'm scared that when I'm working, when I get back here he'll be gone. Everyday, I tried to be strong but I'm afraid that at the end of the day, I won't see him anymore. I fear that one day I would open the door and he left me already. Woo, I'm scared to lose Woohyun."

 

Not again Gyu. Stop crying please. I heard you everyday sobbing. No need to be scared. Everyone is there for you. I'm sorry I wasn't.

 

 

I'm sorry you heard me cry again. I miss you. Please wake up. I don’t know how long could I still hold on Hyun. Please wake up."

 

Gyu, I missed you too. Please stay strong not for me but for yourself. I could feel your agony and it hurts that I couldn’t do anything about it. I know you want me to wake up but I really don’t know when. I think there’s still something wrong with me that the doctors missed in spite of what all the tests were saying. I could feel it Gyu. I just don’t know what or where is it.

 

*****

 

Another voice. His voice was so familiar. Sungyeol. He sounded so sad. Why was he sad? He was telling him to wake up. He wanted too but his eyes wouldn’t cooperate.

 

 

"...I need to tell you something hyung so could you please wake up already?"

 

Yeol, I want to but I don't think its time. I don’t even know if I would wake up or if I’m going to wake up.

 

 

"... Hyung, Gyu hyung is suffering alone here. We could only do so much."

 

I know. Thank you for looking after him. Please don’t stop taking care of Gyu. He needed everyone and he needed all the care and love if ever I couldn’t go back.

 

*****

 

Hoya. He was the one who had the toughest voice he heard but still laced with worry because of him. He wasn’t being stubborn now it was just that he seemed to forget how to move his from where he was.

 

 

"...Don't make it hard for us and don't make it harder for Gyu hyung."

 

I'm sorry Hoya. I didn't mean to worry everyone. Help Dongwoo hyung to look after my baby Gyu. If ever I go, I would be forever grateful and happy that you all would be taking care of him on my absence and I’m leaving him on good hands.

 

*****

 

The house! Myungie. His Gyu’s baby brother. He wanted to ask the progress of the house. He tried to move his lips but no voice was coming out. Was he even moving his lips?

 

 

"Woohyun hyung, your house is still in progress. Sorry if I have to tell Gyu hyung."

 

It's ok Myung and thank you. Please take care of your brother for me. If ever I couldn’t comeback, look after him and make sure he would find someone who would love him more than I do.

 

*****

 

Dongwoo hyung. He heard him all the time. His voice was soothing not the usual cheery Dongwoo that he usually hears. He heard him talking and consoling Sunggyu. He realized that the worry voice he had was more for Sunggyu and not for him; he was thankful. Someone was looking after his love.

 

 

"Woohyun, Gyu Gyu couldn't and wouldn't live without you. He's getting depressed everyday because he hated seeing you like this. Sungyeol is suffering as well."

 

Dongwoo hyung, please take care of the two people I love so much. Tell them I'm sorry. Please tell them that I love them both and tell Gyu, it was never his fault. Stop him from blaming himself hyung. I know he’s feeling terrible about everything.

 

*****

 

He was hearing another common voice. The voice that was there everyday like Sunggyu. Sungjong. He was the youngest but he could feel how he was always looking after Sunggyu.

 

 

"Wake up and I will be willing to deliver stupid flowers for you again. Because you need to make up with Gyu hyung for making him suffer like this."

 

I'll think about the offer Jjongie. For now, please look after Gyu until I'm ready to comeback and even if I never wake up, please help him get through everyday and remind him to not overwork himself.

 

 

Woohyun had been unconscious for 21 days now and Sunggyu was already at his wits end. He didn't know what to do anymore. He would want Woohyun to be weaned on ventilator because he was stable now but he was still unconscious. Even the doctors didn’t want to risk Woohyun being re-intubated again if weaning didn’t work. His fractures were healing and all his soft tissue injuries were healed already. Everyone had been expecting him to wake up at any time s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter