V - Parking Lot: Restaurant

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

News definitely travels fast. His friends and relatives had been flooding him with messages asking why and what happened. He really didn't want to talk about it and just left those messages and calls unanswered. He doesn't need to explain it to anyone anyway and he doesn't want to shout to the world the unfortunate fate he had with his ex-fiancé. All he wants is to forget and move on. The messages and calls died down after 4 days and thank to all the gods, he can finally have peace and quiet.

 

It was Wednesday morning when he got a text from his ex's mother asking to meet for lunch. As much as he wanted to ignore her message, the woman had been so good and nice to him all throughout his relationship with her son.

 

From: Eomonim

Sunggyu, can we get lunch together today? I know you have work but can you squeeze some time for me?

 

Sunggyu heaved a big sigh before replying.

 

To: Eomonim

Ok eomonim. I'll make time today.

 

From: Eomonim

Is 12:30pm ok with you?

 

To: Eomonim

It's fine with me.

 

It's already 10:45am. Sunggyu doesn't really want to go but he also doesn't have heart to break the poor woman's heart. He knows what they're going to talk about. He knew she wants some answers. His mother informed him that they didn't tell the reason and told her to just ask his ex.

 

"Jjongie, how many were our scheduled consult for today?" He faces Sungjong who was busy putting back the patient's file to the cabinet

 

"Hyung, we only have 5 patients. We’re already done with 2 patients. We'll end earlier than usual. Last consult will come at 11:30am."

 

"I have to go out for lunch at 12:00nn. Can you manage the clinic until I come back? It won't take long anyway."

 

"Yes hyung. It's ok. I'll just call you when someone came in without appointment and meet you in the OR at 2:00pm." Sungjong answered.

 

 

Sunggyu checked as his watch. It's already 12:20pm; he's quite early. His eyes roamed around the restaurant searching for his ex mother-in-law and found her at the booth beside the big glass wall. His footsteps became heavier as he approached the table.

 

"Good Afternoon eomonim." He bowed to the old woman and took a seat across her.

 

"Sunggyu, you’re here. Thank you for meeting me. How are you?"

 

"I'm good eomonim." Sunggyu respectfully answered.

 

"I ordered for both of us already since I came early." She informed; and their food came in immediately after.

 

They are enjoying their food silently on awkward atmosphere as what Sunggyu described. No one between them dared to open a conversation and just continued eating. He knew the talk will come after; and he's right.

 

"Sunggyu, can you tell me what happened between you and my son? I got a phone call from your parents and told me that you two broke-up and called the wedding off. They never told me the reason and told me to ask my son. However, that stubborn boy doesn't want to tell me and told me to not ask you. I can't sleep in peace without knowing. So please tell me." The woman in front of me sighed with hint of frustration on her last sentence.

 

"Eomonim, you've been very good to me and you were like a mother. I know things didn't turn out the way we all wanted but can we just leave it at that? I have my reasons on why I have to stop everything."  He doesn't want to be the one who breaks the news of cheating to his supposed to be mother-in-law. The woman doted on her son and always thought that his son could never do anything wrong. His ex-fiancé is an only child and was well-raised by his parents. If there would be one person to tell the reason to her, it shouldn't be him. He loved his ex's mother and he didn't want to break her heart.

 

"Please. I need to have answer Sunggyu because I'm thinking that maybe these are all just misunderstanding and miscommunication. Can't the 2 of you work it out? Calling off the wedding seemed like a harsh decision Gyu. The two of you have to talk serious about everything. I didn't even think that both of you had a falling-out. You two were a happy couple. What changed? Maybe you can still go back to the way it used to be."

 

This is what Sunggyu was trying to avoid. He didn't want his ex mother-in-law trying to salvage his and her son's relationship.

 

"Eomonim, it will not go back to what it has used to be. I know the news hurt you but this is what I want. I'm not reconciling with your son eomonim please understand." He saw that hurt registered in the woman's eyes with every word he said.

 

"I can't understand Gyu. What really happened? Just tell me please. Is there anyone else? Is it my son's fault?" She begging for answers isn't helping him. He kept mummed about it and can't even look straight to the woman's eyes that are full of hurt and confusion. But what can he do? Sunggyu decided to utter any answer he could think of when someone came behind him.

 

"Mom!" He looked at the person with familiar voice. He knew this was going to happen. He shouldn’t have agreed to this lunch.

 

"Son! You came!"

 

"Gyu, you're here!" There was a glint of happiness on the man's voice. His ex took the seat beside his mother.

 

"I invited Gyu for lunch to talk. And thanked God you also came. You've been working too much and maybe both of you can talk here."

 

Sunggyu's becoming uncomfortable with the situation. He wanted to go and leave. Seeing his ex and his mother in front of him is too much to bear. Don't get him wrong, he loved his ex's mother but this is definitely not the scenario he wanted to happen.

 

"Mom. I told you not to do this, not to ask Gyu about it. You shouldn't have invited him to eat and ambushed him with questions of about us."

 

"But son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter