XXXV - Let Me Be Selfish

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting beside Woohyun on his bed to talk wasn't really what Sunggyu planned especially that the man beside him was sick. He didn't know if they could talk properly where both of them would understand each other because, Woohyun's medicine would make him drowsy; sleep would pull him in a little later. But, he couldn't make him skip those pills and Woohyun wanted to talk on his medicated state.

 

"Couldn't we talk when you feel much better? Your medicine will make you drowsy in a few minutes."

 

"If not now, when Gyu? You're just going to avoid it and run away like what you're doing all morning."

 

"But I don't want us to talk without understanding each other. Could you sleep first then after you wake up, we'll talk all you want; when your headache was gone." He looked at Woohyun, trying his best to show him his sincerity, praying the younger would cave in.

 

Woohyun sighed with hint of resignation. "You're not going home until we talk Gyu." Thanked gods he gave in to his request.

 

"I won't, I promise. Now sleep and I'll just be here when you wake up. I won't go anywhere."

 

Sunggyu saw Woohyun slowly closing his eyes and relaxing his body. In few minutes, his breathing got even. He lay down himself and he let sleep take him as well

 

*****

 

Sunggyu woke up with a feeling that someone was looking at him. He opened his eyes and saw Woohyun staring.

 

"Woohyun, what the hell are you doing staring at someone sleeping?" He turned to his other side giving his back to the younger to continue his sleep.

 

"I always did it whenever I stayed over at your place and when you sleep here."

 

"You're being creepy Hyunnie. Let me sleep. I’m so sleepy and worn-out." Then he dozed off again.

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun got up the bed and went out letting Sunggyu sleep more. He knew he took care of him the whole night and he was tired. It was 4:00 in the afternoon and he was feeling much better. His headache was slightly better but he felt that his body was still weak.

 

He looked outside the pool area from his living room, trying to remember everything but nothing came in his

mind. Then he looked around. His living room is clean. The bottles of beer were gone already and he wondered who cleaned it. He found his phone on the coffee table and picked it up to check all his messages. He had missed calls from Sungyeol, Hoya and his mother and unread messages from Key, Junhyung, Myungsoo and Sungjong. He really made them worried considering the number of text messages and calls he missed.

 

Woohyun looked for his mother's number first to return her call.

 

"Eomma."

 

"Baby, are you ok. Sunggyu told me you're sick. How are you? Feeling better?" He could hear the worry in his mother's voice.

 

"I'm ok eomma. Gyu took care of me the whole night."

 

"Where's he now? I would like to thank him."

 

"He's sleeping. He hasn't had any proper sleep since yesterday. Eomma, where's appa? I want to talk to him." He heard his mother called his father.

 

"Hello Woohyun. Are you ok now?"

 

"Yes appa. Appa, I don't think I could go to work tomorrow. Will you cover for me for a few days?"

 

"I know son. Don't worry. I'll replace you while you're sick. Text me or e-mail me what I need to do tomorrow."

 

"Ok appa. I'll forward everything to you later. I'm hanging up now. Tell eomma don't worry too much. I'm fine. Bye appa."

 

Woohyun ended the call and called Sungyeol next because he needed to know if he was really ok.

 

*****

 

After returning everyone's messages and calls, Woohyun opened the glass door to his office at the far corner of the room and turned his laptop on. He swiveled his chair around to look outside while waiting for his computer to boot.

 

Thinking about everything that happened, Woohyun couldn't believe that from being happy one Saturday morning, he would end the day up with him nearly drowned in the pool in the middle of cold December and getting sick. It was funny because he wasn't suicidal but he looked like one last night. He couldn't help but chuckle at himself. Just how crazy in love was he with Sunggyu that he became that wasted. Pathetic! Crying while drinking. He thought it only happened in movies, dramas and romance novels. But, ever since he met Sunggyu, everything just apparently seemed like a movie between them. However, he knew, all those insecurities and trust issues Sunggyu had weren't fiction. All of it were true and it was eating his boyfriend inside. He thought it would be easy for him to help him but it wasn’t. Aside from those discernable insecurities Sunggyu have, there were also concealed inside him that he didn't know he had. He wished he could still do something to help him with those but right now, he had no idea what else was left for him to do unless Sunggyu himself tell him what he needed to.

 

Woohyun closed his eyes, the laptop he was forgotten. For the longest time that he was alone, he thought that the next time he would love a person, he would just have to shower the person more love and be the best boyfriend that he could be and everything would be easy. But fate gave him a beautiful and amazing but at the same time a broken person that needed to be fixed. He wasn't complaining. He would help fix him even for all eternity but, he never knew it would hurt after even everything he did. And yet, he still loved Sunggyu so much no matter how broken he was.

 

After resting his eyes, he turned toward his computer only to be greeted by Sunggyu leaning by the door of his office looking at him with disbelief.

 

"You shouldn’t be working. You're sick. Why couldn't you take a break from your damn work? Is that more important than your health?" Sunggyu started nagging him. He shook his head.

 

"I'm not working. I'll be forwarding e-mails to my father. He'll be covering for me until I get well." He started accessing his email and began sending everything his father needed at work.

 

Woohyun heard Sunggyu sighed and walked out of his office. It hadn't been awkward since the first few days of their relationship but it felt like they returned back to those times. They had to talk but no one could start the conversation.

 

He tried to finish all the things he needed to do and for the last time, he scanned his emails that were not tagged as important and he wished he didn't. There was another message from Jinwoon.

 

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter