XXIV - Aftermath: Awkwardness & Tears

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I was thinking if I was going to revise this chapter. I couldn't count how many times I re-read this because it felt like I made Sunggyu's character here bipolar or having a multiple personalities. But I realized I need a window for Sunggyu to confess all his feelings to Woohyun. So let me know if this chapter was good enough.

Furthermore, I was thinking if I should marked this fic as completed after the last chapter because it's all about love that was found because of a parking lot but, Sunggyu's character has many underlying personal issues and I thought I have to tackle those. So, the next chapters would mainly deal with all of Sunggyu's issues. There will be no parking lot moments at this time. 

Enjoy :))

 

Main Restaurant Hall

 

 

The five people watching Sunggyu and Woohyun, left the place silently the moment they saw Sunggyu hugged Woohyun. They knew what's his answer and they want to give the couple privacy.

 

They went to the table reserved for them and asked the waiter for the menu. After ordering, they couldn't help but talk about the couple inside the glass hall.

 

"I told you love, Gyu Gyu will have his answers to your questions and his own question." Dongwoo said to Hoya.

 

"What questions?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Whether Gyu is ready to date or be in a relationship whether it would be with Woohyun or anybody else and what do Gyu wanted to do with his feelings with Woohyun." Dongwoo stated. "You never knew the drama in his apartment earlier. He was getting too confused because of his feelings for Woohyun that he hadn't realize himself that he loves him and what he felt isn't a simple like."

 

"Hyung loves Woohyun hyung. It's weird because it's been only 4 months since hyung broke-up with his fiancé. But I guess dad was right, 3rd love will continue knocking no matter how long you answer it. Considering all the co-incidences the two had, seemed like fate and love knocked too early for Gyu hyung." Myungsoo remembered everything their father said about love and he believed his hyung already found the 3rd love. Hopefully, the last also.

 

"What's with the 3rd love thingy Myung? Care to share it so we would understand more what you're saying?" Sungjong asked curiously.

 

"Yes Myungie. I'm also curious." Sungyeol added.

 

Myungsoo told the 4 what their father said on about love and the four were in awe because, it fitted Sunggyu's situation. He also explained that it isn't certain and nothing is absolute because different people has its own different fate just like his parents.

 

The 5 of them looked at the glass hall direction thinking about the new couple when Hoya spoke and said, "Well, I hope that Woohyun will be Gyu hyung's last one." And everybody silently agreed.

 

 

At the Glasshouse Hall

 

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun settled on their seats and the waiter took it as his cue to give them the menu book. The couple was sitting silently and reading the menu given to them. But one of them kept hiding his face in the menu book.

 

"Yah Kim Sunggyu, stop hiding in the menu book. Why are you hiding your face? Why are you getting shy all of a sudden?" Woohyun nagged.

 

"Shut-up! I'm not shy idiot. I'm reading." Sunggyu said without putting down the book.

 

The truth was, he was really hiding because he is indeed shy and the stupid tree had to rub it on him. His face was still burning red and flushed from the confession and his heart is still racing from it. He didn't know how to face Woohyun because he felt awkward at the same time.

 

He heard Woohyun sighed and the next thing he knew, the menu wasn't on his hands anymore and Woohyun was reaching for his left hand and holding it, sending sparks all over his body.

 

"Look at me hyung." He kept on looking down.

 

"Gyu hyung..."

 

"..."

 

"Kim Sunggyu!" That caught his attention. He slowly looks at the man in front of him.

 

"Hyung, just treat this dinner as one of those normal dinners we're used to have. You didn't need to change anything. We're friends before we're like this. We don't need to act like a couple instantly because as much as this is new to you, so as with me. We could take it slow no matter how slow you want even as slow as a turtle or snail will do. So, let’s be comfortable with each other like we used to. Nothing will change in our relationship, we'll just add some hand holding, hugs and kisses and i love yous. Please, don't act like that. I know it’s awkward."

 

Sunggyu blushed more when Woohyun told him the things that will be added to their seemingly awkward relationship now. He loves Woohyun and he wanted to take it slow just like what he said. He needed for his heart to settle down first for him to act normally again.

 

"Hyun, I'm sorry. This was just all new to me. I need to get used to this new us. I meant what I said that I love you but like what you said, I want to take this slow."

 

He saw Woohyun leaned over the table and remove his hands on his to cup and touch his face. "I know. You don't have to say sorry. I understand. I love you and I'm willing to wait until we're both comfortable with this."

 

"Thank you." Woohyun really knew what to say and he couldn't be any more surprised.

 

"So, can we order and eat now? I've been hungry since I don't know. I haven't eaten anything the whole day because I've been too anxious."

 

"Nam Woohyun, what did I tell you about eating. You're so stubborn."

 

The atmosphere began to lighten and both started breathing normally. They ordered their food and chat casually while waiting. None of them opened the topic of their relationship because no one wants for the air around them to be awkward again. When the food arrived, both went to eating and enjoys each other's company in silence.

 

 

After paying the bill, the new couple walked out of the restaurant and went towards the parking lot to put the flowers inside Woohyun's car.

 

"Tell me Hyun, just how many dozens are these? It's too big and heavy." Sunggyu complained. The bouquet was indeed heavy.

 

"Four dozen." Woohyun said nonchalantly.

 

"Why would you give me four ing dozens of flowers? You already gave me 6 dozen!"

 

"So, it will be a total of 10 dozen babe." He turned to Sunggyu and smiled.

 

"You're so greasy and you called me babe."

 

"Why? You didn't like it? What about baby? Honey? Love?" He teased more when he saw him looking like a beet blushing.

 

"You're making fun of me Nam Woohyun. I'll take back the i love you, I hate you now." Sunggyu pouted and sulked and Woohyun just laugh how adorable his boyfriend was.

 

"No take backs babe." He smiled and turned away to open the car door leaving Sunggyu blushing with the new endearment from him.

 

After locking the car, Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's hand and intertwined their fingers. Sunggyu looked at him with shyness evident on his face.

 

"You'll get used to this Gyu. We'll get used to this." He smiled at him.

 

"I know Hyun, it's just really awkward. But it's fine." Sunggyu returned the smile. "So, where are we going?"

 

"We're meeting people."

 

"Who?"

 

"You'll see."

 

The two walked hand in hand silently with Woohyun leading the way. Woohyun felt elated. He's walking with Sunggyu, holding his hands. He never imagined this would happen. All he thought was, he would be rejected. He was beyond happy and holding his boyfriend's hand made him feel more happiness. My boyfriend. It may be odd at first calling Sunggyu his boyfriend considering they've been good friends but, he feels so lucky to be the one to call him that. And to know that his once a good friend loves him too, he couldn't any more feel blessed.

 

They arrived in front of the coffee shop and he looked inside spotting their friends. Sunggyu followed his line of vision and was stunned to see all of their friends there.

 

"We're meeting them?" Sunggyu's voice sounded nervous.

 

"Yes. Let's get in." Woohyun was about to open the door but he felt Sunggyu tugged his hands. He frowned and asked, "Why? You don't want to meet them?"

 

"No. It's not that. I mean... they will see us like this now. They will tease non-stop."

 

"Babe, it's fine. They'll tease but they'll be supportive. Come on." He pulled Sunggyu's hand inside.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu didn't want to meet everyone because his and Woohyun's relationship is new to both of them. He knows they'll be supportive it's just that it will still feel flustering. So when Woohyun pulled him inside, he tried his best to hide behind him while they approach the table.

 

"Hey love birds." Dongwoo greeted them. He gaped. They know! He immediately stepped away from Woohyun's back and look at everyone.

 

"You all knew?" Everyone was stifling their laughs without looking at him directly. "Oh my god. You all knew!" Sunggyu took a seat beside his Myungsoo while Woohyun at the head of the table. "Did this jerk tell you?" He pointed at Woohyun.

 

"Yah! I'm not a jerk. You all, tell me your orders now so I can start running for my life." Woohyun got smacked in the head by Sunggyu that made everybody laugh. "Seriously, tell me what I have to get for you or I'm not buying anyone dessert, only coffee." The six gave Woohyun their orders and without Sunggyu seeing, he mouthed to the others, "Tell him."

 

"So, spill it everyone. How did you know?"

 

"Hyung, we knew from the start. We helped Woohyun hyung pull everything off." Myungsoo started telling because he knew, no one can get away with his brother.

 

 

"You... You... and You... you're my brother, my bestfriend and my brother from another mother, you three didn't tell me? Sneaky bastards!" He was pertaining to Sungjong, Myungsoo and Dongwoo.

 

"Hyung! / Hyung! / Gyu Gyu!" The three called shouted in unison.

 

"I'll start with you Lee Sungjong. You, sneaky nurse. You really fooled me with your alibis: got from the guard, from the delivery man, from the receptionist, didn't see the face, making the receptionist deliver the flowers in the clinic. I'll make you work overtime for a week." Sungjong was about to protest when, "Say anything and you'll work OT for 2 weeks." Sungjong closed his mouth.

 

"You, Kim Myungsoo, my little lying brother. You lost me when you said you can easily get the meaning of the name in all the notes with all your blabbers. You could have said what's the meaning of that. "No seeing Lee Sungyeol for a week!" Myungsoo started opening his mouth but, "Open that mouth or you're not going to see him in 2weeks." Sungyeol was the one who speak-up.

 

"Hyung, why do I also have to suffer by not seeing Myungie?" Sungyeol tried his best to give his best puppy eyes to him.

 

"Because you served your master." Sunggyu answered making Sungyeol whine more.

 

"And you... Jang Dongwoo. Best actor awardee. You made a fuss inside my apartment telling me things just to make me go to the date. You could have told me."

 

"But, what I said were all the truth though. No lies. You're just upset with me because I know you too well and I knew what buttons to trigger." Dongwoo defended himself.

 

"And because of that, you're going shopping with me and will buy everything I want. I know how stingy you are. You didn't like wasting money so you're going to waste money for me." Sunggyu smirked.

 

"Gyu!!! That's unfair." Dongwoo pouted.

 

"No. It's not."

 

"What about Hoya hyung? Where was he in all these punishments?" Sungjong bravely asked.

 

"Oh. Hoya didn't do anything. I know he just followed because of Dongwoo and was just tasked to drive my supposed to be get-away car. So, no punishment for him." They heard hoya exhaled the air he was holding.

 

No one would definitely want to annoy Sunggyu after this but truth to be told, Sunggyu was just messing up with them. Woohyun came back and as if on cue...

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter