IV - Parking Lot: Mall

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dongwoo’s phone beeped while waiting inside the food court at the mall. He will be hanging out with his bestfriend, Sunggyu. He knew his bestfriend is going through something and he wanted to help him take off his mind from everything.

 

From: Gyugyu

Woo, I'll be there in 10minutes. Caught in a traffic outside our village. Sorry.

 

To: Gyugyu

It's ok Gyu. Take your time. I just arrived. I'm here at the foodcourt. Drive safely. Don't reply anymore. Focus on the road.

 

After Sunggyu's accident 6 years ago, Dongwoo has been anxious when his bestfriend is driving. They nearly lost him from the accident before and everyone of them started to remind Sunggyu to focus on the road after he recovered. They didn't want the same thing to happen to him especially now that Sunggyu is going through the same pain again. A little while later, his bestfriend arrived.

 

"Woo, sorry I'm late."

 

"It's ok. Why are you wearing light coat? It's spring for goodness sake Gyu! Don't you feel cold?" He looked at his bestfriend exasperated.

 

"It's also drizzling outside!" He uttered nonchalantly.

 

"Really? I didn't bring any umbrella!" He said a little too loud that people start staring.

 

"I'll lend you mine. I parked at the covered parking anyway. And I think it will stop before we go home. The sun is still up even it's raining. So, what are we going to do?"

 

"What do you want to do? We'll do whatever you want." Dongwoo told his bestfriend.

 

"Anything I want?" Sunggyu's eyes start to sparkle.

 

"Yes. Anything you want except shopping." He knew Sunggyu loves to shop for clothes. Something he can never understand because he spent his days in scrubs.

 

"Why? You said anything. And retail therapy is real."

 

"But you are wasting money on clothes you don't even wear! You are always wearing scrubs Gyu. I know you're not addicted to shopping and you can go on with your life without spending money on useless things but you and clothes are different story." He explained.

 

"Woo, I don't usually shop. I barely go to the mall because I want to sleep after a long week of work. This is the only time I have to buy some shirts and pants."

 

"Some? Gyu! You don't buy some clothes! You buy every color of shirt that caught your attention. Last time you shopped, you bought all the shirts and skinny jeans the sales attendant recommended! And you haven't even worn some of those. Just how many bodies do you think you have?" Dongwoo's nagging continues.

 

"Dongwoo, I donate some of my old clothes to charity every year. You can check my closet. It isn't as full as it used to be. Trust me Woo. I'm not wasting money on clothes. I just replaced the old ones that didn't fit me anymore. I promise not to buy the whole store. So please, can we shop for clothes now?" He sighed. If there's one thing that he can't control, it's Sunggyu and his clothes. He cannot go in between them.

 

"Ok but one condition Gyu, you are only allowed to buy one of each style you want. Don't buy every color. Not because you have a milky-white complexion and all colors suit you, you're going to spend money on same style of clothes. Just go with the basic color and add one of whichever shade you want." He gave in.

 

"Deal!" He shook his head on the happy hamster. Well, maybe retail therapy will get Sungyu's mind off everything.

 

 

The shopping resulted to 5 shopping bags of clothes and one paper bag of high-end bag. And it's all Sunggyu's. Well, not everything. Sunggyu bought the luxury bag as a gift for Dongwoo. He will give it as a gift for all the times his bestfriend took care of him. Dongwoo maybe a successful CEO but he's quite stingy at times. He can count on his fingers on how many times Dongwoo rewarded himself for his hardwork. Both of them don't splurge on high-end items even though they have money to spend for it. They owned branded bags, shoes, clothes and accessories however, they only bought those as rewards for themselves. They don't really need too many luxury goods anyway. Some were even given by family and friends. But this time, he wanted to give something to his bestfriend. No luxury item can compensate to how grateful he is of Dongwoo but he knew that his very special friend deserves it.

 

Sunggyu bought the expensive bag with Dongwoo thinking it's for himself. He's planning on giving it to him before they go home. Right now, they're having snacks at Starbucks before going separate ways. It's already 4:00pm and they were both exhausted from walking.

 

"Woo, what's your order? My treat." He asked his bestfriend.

 

"I only need coffee. Same as yours, iced americano."

 

"Ok. Will be right back."

 

They catch-up about many things but none of them touched the topic about break-up. It was fun hanging out with Dongwoo. His bestfriend is full of sunshine and surely, he brightened up and lifted his mood for the day. Sadly, they have to go home after 30minutes of talking and laughing in the café.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter