XIX - Go To The Parking Lot

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wasn't really planning to post this now but I did. Hope you'll feel what I want to imply with this chapter

 

Ring... Ring... Ring...

 

"Hello Jjong" Dongwoo answered his phone. He's currently at the airport with Hoya for their flight to Japan.

 

"Hyung, where are you?"

 

"Hoya and I are here at the airport, we're going to Japan. Didn't Hoya tell you?"

 

"It's tonight?! Oh my God."

 

"What's the matter Jjong? Did something happen with Gyu?" Dongwoo asked worriedly.

 

"Hyung, Gyu hyung is still working now."

 

"Huh? Isn't he working at the company? He should be at home now."

 

"No hyung. He works at the hospital from 6am to 9am then works in the company until 5pm and then go back to the hospital to finish all his surgeries! He’ll be doing his last surgery now that will last until 2:00am and by that time, he'll be 20 hours awake already and he has to drive home." Sungjong explained.

 

"What?! That workaholic stubborn hamster. He can't drive tired and without sleep. Call Myung." Dongwoo started pacing inside the boarding gate. They can't have Sunggyu driving exhausted.

 

"He's in Jeju hyung with his boyfriend. What are we going to do hyung? I called you to ask you to pick him up but it turned out that you can't." The nurse asked anxiously.

 

"I know he is. But I don't know anyone who can help. Just call him and ask for their family driver then update me." Dongwoo dropped the call without hearing Sungjong’s answer.

 

"What is it Woo?" Hoya asked.

 

"Sunggyu is working himself to death and he need to drive home exhausted and without rest." He answered Hoya.

 

"Isn't he used to it? He's a doctor?"

 

"No. We cannot let him drive with that condition. The last time he did, he got into an accident and in a coma for 5 days. Since then, we made sure someone will pick him up if he's too tired to drive." Dongwoo is getting apprehensive because he knew his bestfriend is currently not in good condition.

 

"Sungjong will find a way. Don't worry love." Hoya gave him a comforting hug.

 

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol just arrived at their hotel after the whole day of touring Jeju when Myungsoo received a frantic call from Sungjong.

 

"Jjong, what's up?"

 

"Myung, tell me your family driver is available. Please tell me he's not on vacation like your parents." He frowned with the worried desperate voice of Sungjong.

 

"Calm down Jjong. What happened? Why are you so worried? And what about our family driver? Of course, he's on vacation because my parents aren't around." He can't understand Sungjong's sudden interest with their driver.

 

"Someone needs to pick-up Gyu hyung in the hospital Myung. Your brother would be 20 hours awake the moment he finished his last surgery."

 

"What? What hospital and surgery? Hyung is on leave."

 

"No Myung! Your brother has been working in the hospital and in your company since yesterday so better tell me that someone can pick him up at 2am in morning.

 

"What did you say? Did I hear it right? My brother was working in the hospital and the company at the same time?" Myungsoo asked shocked.

 

"He's been working to death Myung. We all knew Sunggyu hyung's history with accident and he's not in any condition to drive himself later because he only had 4 hours of sleep last night because he finished his hospital work late and then you made him attend 2 meetings and a site visit today. He went home at midnight last night and woke up early because of an early surgery schedule. I estimated that he would be awake for 20 hours by the time he finished later." Sungjong told Myungsoo.

 

"Where is he now?"

 

"In the OR. He has 3-hour long surgery. My shift ended a while ago and I couldn’t stay any longer; I’ve worked 16 hours today. I already called Dongwoo hyung but he can't pick up Gyu hyung; he's at the airport now."

 

"I don't know who to call Sungjong. Is Hoya hyung available?" He is panicking now. His brother was prohibited by their parents to drive when he’s exhausted and everyone agreed with the decision.

 

"No. He's going to Japan with Woo hyung who is also worried sick and asking me for updates."

 

"I'll think of something Jjong. I'll call you." Myungsoo ended the call and started pacing in front of Sungyeol who just finished showering.

 

"I heard you shout. Why are you pacing and worried?" Sungyeol curiously asked.

 

"I need someone to pick up my brother from that damn hospital! And no one is available now."

 

"Why? Why is he in the hospital? Is there a problem? Is he ok?"

 

"My dear brother will die of stubborness soon Yeol." Myungsoo stated exagerately. "He's working double job, I thought he took a leave of absence! He's still at the ing hospital right now working! He's not allowed to drive himself exhausted and without sleep. You know the story hyung." He's too close to pulling his hair because his brother worries him. How can his older brother do that?

 

People would say that they were overreacting but with his brother’s history, they need to do precautions. The accident before was caused by exhaustion and sleep deprivation with an added emotional wreckage. His brother might not be emotionally wrecked right now but he didn’t want to risk anything.

 

"Stop panicking. I'll call someone, ok?" Sungyeol rumaged into his bag and got his phone calling someone while his boyfriend kept pacing back and forth.

 

 

Woohyun was getting ready to sleep. It's the first weekend that his workload lessened because one project ended and he's happy that he'll be able to sleep long again; he badly needed rest after working overtime for weeks. He checked his phone for the time and it' already almost midnight. Time to sleep Nam Woohyun. But it wasn't long after he closed his eyes when he felt his phone vibrated and saw that Sungyeol was calling him.

 

"Do you know what time is it Yeol? Seoul and Jeju are on the same time zone so, why the are you calling me at 12 midnight?!"

 

"Sorry hyung, are you still awake?"

 

"Obviously. What is it Lee Sungyeol? Tell me it's important or I swear, I'll transfer you at our branch there in Jeju." He threatened his besfriend.

 

"It's important hyung. It's about Sunggyu hyung." Woohyun sprung out of his bed immediately after hearing Sunggyu's name.

 

"Why? What's the problem?" It was Myungsoo who explained everything to him. And apparently, they were running out of options on who to ask for help. "Myung, I'll pick him up. Don't worry."

 

"Thank you hyung. I'll text you which hospital wing he is. But is it really ok with you? Hyung might time-out at around 2am as per his nurse?"

 

"It's fine Myung. I can manage. I know the story. Just send me the details. I'll try calling your brother as well. You and Yeol can sleep now."

 

Woohyun got out of his bed to change his clothes. It will be the first time he'll be seeing Sunggyu again. He still can remember the night he said I miss you to him and he has to admit that it scares him knowing that he'll see the person who is making his heart race fast. Those weeks of painfully missing Sunggyu made him realized that he really liked him more than he thought. Those thumping inside his chest never ceased everytime he crossed his mind. He may forget everything while working but the moment he put his pen and paper down, Sunggyu will start evading his thoughts again. He tried to stop the rush of emotions inside him but it's already too late.

 

He received the information from Myungsoo as soon as he reached his car. It's already 12:30am and he hoped that Sunggyu is already done by now though his brother said that he might end up at 2am in the morning.

 

When Woohyun reached SNUH, he tried calling Sunggyu to know if he's already done but there's no answer. He saw the elder's car at the parking lot which meant that he's still inside.

 

 

Sunggyu's surgery ended at exactly 2am.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter