VIII – Healing Trip & Business Trip

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JAPAN

It's his 3rd day in Tokyo and so far, Sunggyu is enjoying his well-deserved vacation. Aside from treating his holiday as birthday trip, he also called it as healing trip; because like Sungjong said, he needed this more than anyone and anything else.

 

Right now, he took a break from the big city and visited the outskirts around Tokyo. Unlike his days 1 and 2 were he visited mostly parts of metropolitan area, he opted for his day 3 to be spent visiting shrines and temples in Nikko, great Buddha in Kamakura and its fine Zen temples. It's one of his dreams to visit Mt. Fuji though he has no plan on climbing it. He took a bus to the base of the mountain and move a little bit up of the mountain to enjoy the view.

 

Countryside trip brought much more serenity than roaming around the bustling city which he did on his 1st day. His trip first kicked-off in the city of Tokyo where he went to the crowded Shibuya district. He visited the famous main intersection of Shibuya. He also took his time to see Hachiko statue. Though he isn't really a fan of museums, he still went to see Bunkamura Museum of Art and Toguri Museum. Of course, he tried the most talked about Ichiran Ramen at the East side of Shibuya. His 2nd day was spent visiting Senso-ji Temple and parks around Ueno. While he is much more of a city type of person. His 3rd day on the countryside couldn’t be compared to his 1st and 2nd day. Well, Tokyo isn't much different to Seoul anyway.

 

 

The next day, Sunggyu woke up a little bit early. It's his 4th day and he needed to start packing some of his stuffs because his flight would be at 12:20pm tomorrow.

 

At 9:00am, he started his journey towards the Imperial Palace where he spent around 2 hours walking around. He's regretting not bringing his camera tripod on his trip to take good photos of him in this beautiful place. He then went to Shinjuku, the place that depicts modern Tokyo because of neon lights, restaurants and bars around the area.

 

Tuesday came, his 5th day and it's the time for his flight to return to Korea. It's a waste that on his last day, he wasn't able to roam around more since he needs to be at the airport at 9:30am. However, he went to Shibuya again to eat at Ichiran before he took off to the airport.

 

Sunggyu will be traveling from Narita to Jeju Island with a lay-over at Incheon International Airport. Then he has to transfer to Gimpo Airport for his Jeju flight. His family and friends knew that he will be returning to Korea on Tuesday but he never told them that he will be at Jeju for 4 days which is until Saturday; he decided to make the most out of his vacation.

 

Japan healed him. He could say that he was able to reflect about everything and was able to let go. His heart starts to settle down and relax. There were still remnants of pain but nothing he couldn't handle. The love that was lost before is now long forgotten. He smiled to himself and mentally pats his shoulders for getting through another tough time; and absolutely without any injuries.

 

While waiting at the boarding gate of Gimpo International Airport, he received a video call from his mother. One thing about his mother, she will not call if it isn't that important or if it's not about any gossips she recently knew. He put on his earpods and swiped on his phone to answer his mother.

 

"Hey Mom. What's the gossip?" He asked directly.

 

His mother gaped at him. "Who told you I called for something like that? Maybe I called for because I missed you."

 

"Yeah right Mom. So, what is it?"

 

"Gyu, I saw your brother on a date last Thursday. I forgot to call and tell you."

 

"Myung? On a date? With whom?"

 

"Your father and I didn't know who. We saw them at a café talking and laughing. I was about to approach them but your kill joy father told me not to."

 

"Have you asked Myungie about it?"

 

"I asked him Gyu and he said he's on a client meeting with someone who will buy an apartment because bla... bla... bla... Gyu, your brother is the CEO! He doesn't need to meet a client who will buy properties. Our company is full of brokers and agents. I think your brother is dating." Mrs. Kim dramatically replied.

 

"Mom, maybe Myung is telling the truth. Why are you jumping into conclusion?" He asked. His mother's excitement was very visible and thinking that Myungsoo might be dating is bringing his mother into a high.

 

"No Gyu. I think I'm right. So, get your here and ask your brother. We're getting excited that his love life will finally blossom."

 

Sunggyu couldn't help but shook his head. "I will ask Myung when I come home. Got to take off Mom. I miss you. I love you."

 

After he ended the video call, his flight to Jeju is called.

 

All passengers of Korean Air flight 1259 bound to Jeju, Korea, please proceed to the boarding gate for boarding.

 

 

JEJU

 

Ladies & Gentlemen, welcome to Jeju International Airport. Local time is 2:05 in the afternoon Korean local standard time... On behalf of Jeju Air and the entire crew, we would like to thank you for flying with us and we are looking forward to see you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day.

 

Woohyun immediately turned off the airplane mode of his mobile phone and departed the aircraft. He's visiting Jeju Island for a 3-day business trip. Their Jeju sales branch will be opening soon and he had to meet the contractor and the architect handling the project. As much as he wants to send his General Manager for this trip, he chose to go instead because he wants to see the progress made on the past months. Moreover, he has to meet the Branch Manager who will handle the branch.

 

Woohyun hailed a taxi cab going to the hotel. He will be staying at Grand Hyatt Jeju which is less than 10 minutes away from the airport. He planned to drop his suitcase at the hotel and then go to their family vacation house to get their family car. Staying at their vacation house would have been a great option to save money than staying at the hotel but their house is almost 2 hours away from downtown Jeju. Hence, hotel was a more viable option. Plus, the company has an allotted budget for official business trips.

 

After 2.5 hours of excruciating traffic going to their house, he finally reached. Their caretaker had already prepared the car that he needed until Saturday. Their driver will pick-up the car on Saturday at the hotel premises before his flight back to Seoul and maybe he could ask him to drop him off the airport. He rested a bit on his room before driving back to the hotel. He's been exhausted because of work these past weeks and it's regretful that he's in Jeju but for business purposes and not for vacation. He badly needed a holiday trip but it can wait, he has too much on his plate right now.

On the other hand, the 1st day of Sunggyu's trip in Jeju was full-packed. He boarded a Hop-On-Hop-Off tour bus to explore the city. Making the most out of the Jeju City tour, he hopped-off o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter