XXXI – Insecurity & Silent Treatment

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry if I didn't put any chapters for Sunggyu's US trip. It's just that Woohyun is really supposedly busy. I couldn't have him follow Sunggyu there because the timeline I was following will become longer and longer. I never knew that this fic will be this long and there are so many chapters that haven't been published yet. Mostly, there are time skips on the next chapters. Sorry.

All Sunggyu's issues will start now and hopefully I could give justice to every chapters following this. 

 

Days and weeks passed with full of bliss. Sunggyu’s two weeks stay outside Korea helped him realized how much he loves Woohyun more than he expected. It's much different than what he felt before with his past boyfriends. The love he and Woohyun shared was so mature and it was more than just a romance. He felt like he was the missing piece he had always been looking for. He never needed to pretend nor hide who he really is. Woohyun understood and accepted him no matter what. And he was trying his best to return every single love and care Woohyun was giving him. He couldn't ask for anything more than just to be with him. He still has a long way to go to resolve all the insecurities he has but he was willing to let go of those little by little if it will mean, he can be with Woohyun for as long as he can.

 

However, just like the season changed from summer to fall, not all the time a relationship will stay on honeymoon stage. A relationship was built by two imperfect people, thus, eventually, one or both would be bound to make a mistake.

 

*****

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu hadn’t seen each other for more than a week. Woohyun has been busy same as Sunggyu who is getting more patient referrals each day. Woohyun's expansion project is to be launched by January and its already November. The demands of his job started to get high and he rendered more time in work than outside the four corners of his office. He also spent 4 days in Jeju Branch to check everything after 3 months of opening. The couple had no time to see each other because of everything that were happening on their careers. But though they never saw each other, they see to it that their communication will not waver.

 

It was the day after Woohyun arrived from Jeju, the first quarrel happened. They decided to meet one Friday night for dinner and spend time together. They planned to eat out after Sunggyu's work ended. Since Sunggyu had to shower and change into casual clothes, they just decided to meet-up in the diner where they're going to eat. While Woohyun, tried to end his work earlier or on time. But things didn't go well as planned and Woohyun ended up staying longer to settle the urgent thing came up before he could meet his boyfriend.

 

To: Gyu <3

Babe, I was held up here in the office. Need to settle something fast. I'll be there as soon as I'm done.

 

From: Gyu <3

How much time would it take?

 

To: Gyu <3

Thirty minutes.

 

From: Gyu <3

Ok.

 

Woohyun tried to work fast. He knew Sunggyu doesn't tolerate late people and had no patience in waiting. He didn't know what's the reason, he never asked. And, this would be the first time he would be late meeting him. He always showed up early because he didn't want Sunggyu to get mad.

 

No matter how fast Woohyun worked, he didn't finish in 30 minutes and Sunggyu had been calling him over and over asking where he was. He was already an hour late.

 

"Nam Woohyun, where are you really?

 

"Babe, I'm on my way. Sorry I was held up in the office for too long.

 

"..."

 

"Babe"

 

"..."

 

"Gyu, I'm already in my car. I'll see you in a bit. Let's talk when I arrived. I have to hang-up"

 

Woohyun held the steering wheel tight. He didn't know what will happen. He just knew how mad Sunggyu was at the moment. He didn’t even know if he will wait for him. The traffic made his journey even longer and he couldn't even answer Sunggyu's calls because he was rushing.

 

He arrived at the restaurant and he saw Sunggyu was still waiting but with an apathetic expression. He greeted him but he never responded.

 

"Gyu"

 

"..."

 

"Please talk to me. I'm sorry. It's my fault ok. I couldn't fix the problem in the office on time. I tried to be here early. Sorry." He tried reaching out Sunggyu's hands on the table but the other just pulled it. "I know your mad. But can you please talk even scream at me or scold me. I don't care." But only silence prevailed.

 

The waiter came to their table to take their orders and he had to order for his boyfriend who just kept quiet with blank expression. Woohyun couldn't read him. He understood that Sunggyu was mad but what he couldn't comprehend was why he couldn't even utter a single word to him. He couldn't understand what's running on Sunggyu's mind.

 

When their food came in, they ate silently or should he say, he ate silently because the man in front of him wasn’t even touching his food and just staring somewhere else. After he ate, he tried talking again but all were left unresponded. He called the waiter for their bill and asked to pack Sunggyu's food for take away. It wasn't even a second when the packed food was brought to their table, Sunggyu stood up and bolted towards the door. Woohyun couldn't do anything but follow him. He held Sunggyu's wrist pulled him to his car. His boyfriend didn’t object.

 

The silence left unchanged. Woohyun could only sigh then started his car to drop off Sunggyu. No matter how many times he coaxed him to talk, it seemed like man beside him just wanted to stay mute. Nothing will change unless he started to speak-up. It was seemed like he just got back to step 1. The only difference was, before, Sunggyu was feeling awkward at everything and now, he didn't even know what the other thinks or feels. All he knew was, Sunggyu was mad at him and wouldn't want to talk to him.

 

Woohyun was hurt and disappointed. He knew he was at fault for being late for almost 2 hours. He apologized and tried to talk but all he could get was silent treatment. When they arrived at the parking lot of the complex, that was the only time he heard him speak.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter