XLVI - A Glimpse of Woohyun Part 2

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Part 2 :))

 

When Sunggyu opened the door of Woohyun's room he got everyone's attention. Who wouldn’t? When he went back looking more disheveled and broken.

 

"Hyung, your eyes. Are you ok?" Myungsoo went to his brother hugged him.

 

"I'm alright Myung. Don't worry. Come on, you all have to eat. Get your food."

 

Everyone got up from their positions to get food while Sunggyu went back to Woohyun's side to hold his hand. Sungyeol handed him his food but he just shook his head and, it was noticed by Dongwoo.

 

"Gyu, please eat. Even a little. If you're not going to eat then I'll stop everyone from eating until you touched your food."

 

Sunggyu looked at the 4-seater dining table and at the couch in front of the TV. Everyone stopped eating and put down their food. He sighed and even he had no appetite, he took the food that Sungyeol was offering him. Dongwoo would do what he said and he couldn't have the others not eat their dinner.

 

*****

 

After eating, everyone got back to their seats around Woohyun's bed and continued with all the chit-chats. While Sunggyu just stayed quiet on his chair spacing out but with an apathetic expression.

 

"Earth to Gyu hyung." He was startled by Sungjong with fingers snapping in front of his face. "Hyung, stop spacing out and join the conversation."

 

"I'm fine here. I’m listening. Continue."

 

Sunggyu wasn't listening and everyone knew that. It wasn't the first time they saw him staring blankly at Woohyun's hand as if he was waiting for it to move. No matter how much they tried to include him, he never joined. He would only talk when asked or when the doctors and nurses were on rounds. He never smiled unless he was with his patients but even those small smiles he gave them were all fake smiles. Woohyun took all the joys in Sunggyu's heart the moment he lay down the hospital bed and never woke up.

 

Only Woohyun could make everything right with Sunggyu again because everyone knew, Sunggyu was already on the verge of depression even how much he was trying to be strong. They knew that Sunggyu was already inches away from his breaking point and at any moment, he would breakdown. No one knew how and if they could save him when that time comes. The more Woohyun stayed unconscious, the nearer Sunggyu would crash. And all of them were afraid because they might not only lose one person but two. Worst would be Woohyun would wake up but Sunggyu was long gone.

 

"Gyu Gyu, we need to go. Will you be fine here alone?"

 

"Yes Woo. Don't worry about me."

 

"Hyung, I'll be here again early tomorrow with Sungyeol hyung." Myungsoo kissed his temple.

 

"Thank you. And thank you to all of you. Now go. It's getting late. Drive safely."

 

When everyone left, Sunggyu took his night bath, cleaned Woohyun, and fixed all the mess that their friends left. He turned off the lights leaving the built-in lamp by the wall on, which was enough to still see Woohyun's face. He stared and his face. He got thinner in a span of 21 days even he was on TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) and intravenous fluids.

 

Sunggyu was thinking about what Dongwoo said about talking to Woohyun. Will he wake up if I talk about what I feel? He tried opening his mouth to speak, only to close it again because he couldn't find his voice. He closed his eyes for a minute and tried again multiple times until his voice came out.

 

"Hyun, you've been sleeping for too long. Is your dream so good that you didn't want to wake up? I hope your dream is that beautiful that you want it more than to see me. Or maybe, you don't want to see me at all. I understand if you don't. I hurt you a lot Hyunnie. I was a bad boyfriend, wasn't I? I made you cry a year ago after we decided to be in a relationship. I made you suffer from my insecurities for many times. I doubted you and didn't give you my full trust. I hurt you too many times and I feel that I would never ever deserve someone as admirable as you. You are an amazing person and no matter how you tell me that you're not perfect, you will always be perfect in my eyes." He sobbed while still staring at Woohyun.

 

"I never wanted to do this Hyun. I never wanted to talk to you like this; because, it felt like I'm saying goodbye to you. But I'm doing this now even if I won't be getting any reactions and responses from you. Are you listening to me right now? I hope so. Hyun, don't tear up again like you did twice; because you're giving me too much hope that you will come back to us... to me."

 

"I'm sorry Woohyun for all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry I didn't listen to everything you were telling me. I heard you, I just never listened. I just answered you with my incoherent thoughts all over the place. You loved me so much and yet I let myself doubt your words again. I'm sorry if my trust issues and insecurities got the best out of me again. You won't be in here if only I called you back when you walked away after I told you that we could talk. I wanted too but I was too prideful. I’m sorry if I didn’t trust my own heart which was telling me that you would never do anything to hurt me. I was so pathetic, wasn’t I? Because, I couldn’t even trust my own heart. It was my fault Hyun. I'm sorry because I broke you. You've been trying to fix me but I broke you just like me. I'm sorry."

 

"You were asking me if you weren't also worth of my second chance. You don't need to ask for it because you never broke the first one. It was me who needed to ask you for another chance. It was me who ruined the beautiful thing that we have. Will you give me my second chance Hyun; even if I know I'm not deserving of it or anything you could give? Will you take me back again? Will you give me another chance to love you the way you deserved to be lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter