XVII - I Miss You

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If there's a typographical error, sorry. No time to edit had to go somewhere. One chapter update for the next days. Peace.

 

The days became more hectic for Woohyun. It's already the 1st of July and in 2 weeks’ time, they will be releasing their portable gaming console. Sungyeol's department has been pulling all-nighters for 3 days now monitoring everything. Woohyun would've sent Sungyeol to Japan to oversee the testing of the unit but he needed Sungyeol more in Seoul than there. Hence, he sent out Sungyeol's assistant manager.

 

His breaktime came and Woohyun couldn't ignore the growling of his stomach anymore. He didn't eat breakfast and he had been too immersed in working to stuff himself with food. Jiyoon, his secretary, brought him snacks from Sungyeol but it was remained untouched.

 

He called Sungyeol and asked him to accompany him outside the company to eat. He needed to get away from working for a while. As much as he didn't want to pull Sungyeol from work, because his bestfriend's department is the busiest, he still chose to. He didn’t want to eat alone because he’ll go crazy without contact to anyone outside his office anymore.

 

"Hyung, I have too many workloads to finish. I don't want to pull any all-nighters anymore. Eat on your own." Sungyeol complained when Woohyun called him.

 

"Yeol, I really want to get away from all these paper works. You don't need to pull all-nighter today. Your team can leave on time and resume work tomorrow. Your assistant manager is already monitoring everything on his end in Japan. Just get the report from him tomorrow."

 

"Woohyun hyung, I'll be on vacation day after the launch. I can't leave all the works to my team because this is the least I can do to compensate for my absence after the release. You know how busy my department will be after it because of troubleshooting of units when problem arised post sales. Can't you get anyone to accompany you to eat?"

 

"There's no one Yeol, only you. Who else would I call just to eat lunch when it's already 1:30pm?"

 

"Call Sunggyu hyung!" Sungyeol suggested.

 

"He will be inside the OR until 6:00pm Yeol. How do you think can I ask him?! Just join me now. We'll be back fast. You haven't eaten yet I know."

 

"You're crazy hyung. If I don’t finish my work today. it’s on you. Wait for me at the lobby." His bestfriend gave in.

 

They ended up at a barbeque diner near their company. Wooohyun and Sungyeol ate without talking satisfying their hunger.

 

"Thank you Yeol."

 

"Yeah yeah. What can you do without me?!" Sungyeol said rhetorically.

 

"Your department’s busy days will die down soon. Don't worry. I know how tired your team are."

 

"I hope that day will come soon hyung. After this, we're going to continue with the production of our other products again. We're behind our calendar for the release of our regular electronics because of this project."

 

"Speaking of that, the department heads of Planning & Research, Advertising, and your department will have a meeting with me before you go on vacation. We might have to move some of the release dates of the regular products." Woohyun informed Sungyeol.

 

"Thanks God! I'm getting anxious about our product calendar for days."

 

"I know. I was also thinking about it. Let's go now. I want to go home early today. I've been rendering overtime until 9:00pm for 5 days already. I don't think I can take it anymore."

 

 

The goal of going home early vanished. It's 7:00pm already and Woohyun is still inside his office. How he wished he could just leave everything and resume in the morning again but the end-of-month reports are needed to be reviewed as soon as possible because he is going to present everything to the board of directors on Tuesday next week. It's Friday and he didn't want to bring any work at home because all he wanted was to sleep and rest.

 

Woohyun sighed and fiddled with his phone while leaning on his chair with his eyes-closed. His busy work week took off everything non-work related out of his system. Something that he needed. Because whenever he's not doing anything, the images of smiling Sunggyu kept on creeping in his mind. He missed him. He missed hanging-out and talking to him. And the lingering feelings that he has is creating riot inside him. He hasn’t met Sunggyu since the night they met with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. They've both been busy with their jobs and no matter how much he wanted to call him, he couldn't; so, he just settled texting Sunggyu once in a while. The truth is, he wanted to hear the elder's voice but just thinking about hearing it creates fluttering feeling inside his chest.

 

You are really a lovesick fool Nam Woohyun.

 

 

Sunggyu was beyond tired. He's still at the hospital because of an emergency patient who needs surgery. One of his patients came in with a raptured appendix and good thing he hasn't gone home yet. He and Sungjong are rendering overtime because the condition is life-threatening which may lead to death. They've been operating for 2 hours now and he don't know how much more time they're going to operate. It may take couple of hours more. He hated when these things happened.

 

Two hours more and Sunggyu could already see the light. He really wanted to go home.

 

"Clamp!" Sungjong swiftly handed him the instrument.

 

"Gauze... Saline... Suction..."

 

"Dr. Park, how's the status of the patient?" Sunggyu asked his anesthesiologist.

 

"His vitals are stable Dr. Kim."

 

"Ok good. Let's start closing. Vicryl Sutures please." Sungjong immediately handed the thread and needle.

 

It took 4 hours to finish the surgery. Sunggyu had to explore the patient's abdomen to drain and remove all the toxins that can cause infection.

 

"Sungjong, you can go now if you're done with your notes. Sorry you have to work overtime today." Sunggyu apologized to his nurse.

 

"It's ok Dr. Kim. But how about you? It'a already 10:30pm. How are you going to go home?" Sungjong asked.

 

"I called Myung before we started. He's picking me up. Do you want us to drop you off?" Sunggyu asked Sungjong without looking up, while finishing his own notes.

 

"No need hyung. Howon hyung is already outside. He went out on a date with Dongwoo hyung and when I called him to update that we're doing OT, he offered to pick me up. I'll be spending weekends at his apartment to bond with him."

 

"Ok. Let's go home. Myungsoo already texted me. He's here now." Sunggyu informed while fixing all the files.

 

Sunggyu and Sungjong parted at the hospital lobby since their rides were parked on the different wings of the hospital.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter