XXIII – Be Mine Kim Sunggyu

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun was on his last band practice for his event later. Sungyeol accompanied him with Myungsoo and Sungjong. Hoya and Dongwoo joined them later on. While on break, Woohyun couldn't help but pace around the room making his friends dizzy.

 

"Woohyun hyung, please stop moving around. We're getting dizzy here." The youngest complained.

 

"Jjong, I can't help it. Sorry." Woohyun apologized while taking his seat.

 

"Why are you so nervous Woohyun? You sing very well." Hoya asked.

 

"That's not it. It's not about singing." He replied while rubbing his face.

 

"I know what's his problem. He's scared that hyung will not show up." Myungsoo answered for Woohyun.

 

"Don't worry Woohyun, he'll come. I'll make him go." Dongwoo assured him.

 

"Just practice hyung and calm down. Nothing will be good if you worry too much." Sungyeol added.

 

Woohyun was nervous. He didn't know if what he'll do will prove how much he liked Sunggyu. Although he knew that the man he's pining for isn't ready for anything, he decided to do this and he already felt that he would be rejected.

 

"Why do I feel like I'm going to get rejected?" Woohyun asked the others.

 

"You're thinking too much hyung. I've seen hyung smiled when he received your flowers and speaking of that, can you explain why you gave different colors of roses. You could've given him the rainbow-colored ones." Sungjong asked

 

“It had its meaning. None of you two bothered to search it, did you?”

 

“Never crossed my mind but maybe Gyu hyung did. He’s smart.”

 

"You gave different colored roses for 5 days because it has meaning? Wah! This was the first time you did this. I'm impressed. Wait, I'm gonna tell it to Key hyung and Junhyung hyung." Sungyeol reacted and got his phone to send message to their friends.

 

"Yah idiot! Don't tell them. They'll tease me everyday!"

 

"That's the plan." Everyone laughed at Sungyeol's antics.

 

"Seriously hyung, stop thinking too much. You already knew and accepted the fact that you might get rejected so just hope that it will be otherwise." Myungsoo wisely advised.

 

"I know Myung."

 

The practice continued while the others kept encouraging Woohyun and supporting him.

 

 

Meanwhile, Sunggyu was already getting apprehensive because he still couldn't decide whether he'll accept the date or not. He couldn't decide because Woohyun was messing his mind and it makes him more restless.

 

While sprawled on the couch, he thought of calling Dongwoo.

 

"Dongwoo! I need help." Sunggyu told his bestfriend his predicament.

 

"Gyu, just go. You wouldn't want him waiting for you all night, would you? It's not nice to do that to someone."

 

"But Woo! I didn't know him. He might be a stalker." He said panicky.

 

"Listen to me, remember what you told me when I was about to have a blind date with Hoya? You told me that time to go because there's no harm in trying and it's not like you're going to jump into a relationship with him right away."

 

"That's different. Hoya is Jjongie's brother and I knew him. But this tree... stalker... admirer, whatever his name is, I didn't know who this is." He ranted.

 

"If I will accompany you, will you go?"

 

"I don't know. But Woo, what about Woohyun?"

 

"What about him?"

 

"I like Woohyun and heck I might even love him." Sunggyu said with frustration in his voice.

 

"Then if you like Woohyun, reject your date later and confess to Woohyun. He said on his letter that he's giving you a chance to reject him on his face. Go and see what you want to do with it. But Gyu, have you answered our question last time?"

 

"Which one?"

 

"Hoya asked you, are you ready to date anyone or be in a relationship whether it's with Woohyun or with another person."

 

Sunggyu got silent. Is he ready? Would he try it with Woohyun or with anyone else if ever he rejected his admirer? Does Woohyun feel the same way? He sighed and answered, "I still don't know Woo."

 

"Look Gyu, go to your date. I'll be with you and we'll have Hoya on standby if you want to go home. I will pick you up at 6:00pm whether you like it or not. I don't care if you’re in your ugly clothes or . I will drive you to your date. So, be ready or maybe I'll go there earlier to help you on choosing your clothes. So, get your off that couch now, eat and rest. I gotta go."

 

Sunggyu looked at his phone. Dongwoo just hung-up on him. He knew his bestfriend wasn't kidding. He'll carry him if he needs to because his bestfriend is crazy. Sunggyu scratched his head harshly and followed what Dongwoo said. No one can go against Dongwoo and his craziness.

 

 

At The Glasshouse

 

Woohyun with Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong arrived before 6:00pm to set up everything. Since Dongwoo will pick-up Sunggyu at 6:00, he needed to be earlier to be able to arrange everything and hide. The band will arrive at 6:30pm for the band set-up.

 

"Are you ok hyung?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Yes, Myung but still a little bit nervous." He answered

 

"Woohyun hyung, are you sure you want us to be inside and watch? Gyu hyung might see us there." Sungjong worriedly asked.

 

"That's why I told all of you to wear black tonight. You'll enter when the lights are already off and will stay at the very back far from where Sunggyu hyung will sit. Just be quiet."

 

Woohyun decided to have the 5 watch everything because they helped him a lot. He will also treat them with food and coffee after, whatever the result will be. Sunggyu cannot find out that the others were at the same restaurant so he reserved a table for the 5 of them inside the main restaurant while he and Sunggyu will have dinner inside the glasshouse. They will go to the café around the corner after they ate and that's where he and Sunggyu will meet them. Whatever the outcome may be, he would like to share it with the others who gave him a chance.

 

At Sunggyu's Apartment

 

Dongwoo and Hoya arrived a little bit earlier than expected. Sunggyu was still on his bed clothes with unkempt hair. Time is ticking and until that moment, he was still indicisive. As usual, his bestfriend went crazy.

 

"Gyu, it's already 4:30pm what did I tell you? Do you want me to drag you out looking like that? Because if that's what you want, I'll carry you outside and throw you inside the car and bring you to your date with that look." Dongwoo nagged him with his hands on his waist and eyes with warning look.

 

"Woo, I don't really think going is a good idea just to reject him. Listen to me, I'm not sure if I want..." His crazy bestfriend cut what he's about to say.

 

"No Gyu, you listen to me. Why would you let a person wait for nothing? You want to send him a rejection letter through your actions? How about try to remember those times you were stood-up by your ex-boyfriend. Do you want to take revenge and stood-up an innocent person? All your admirer wanted was to meet you and see you. He even wasn't expecting you to be in a relationship with him the way he told you that you can freely reject him. If you're going to reject him, do it in person and not like this."

 

Dongwoo's words hit something inside him. No matter how time many years passed, he would never forget those moments that he was stood-up by his first love. The feeling of rejection from that hurt him and he felt it over and over again for thousands of times when he was left waiting for nothing.

 

"Dongwoo, I'm too good to get revenge in someone who wasn't even a part of my past. I'm not that stupid. It's just that..."

 

"What?"

 

"What if the person is someone from my past?"

 

"Who? Your bastard ex-fiancé? I don't think so Gyu. That ex-boyfriend of yours wouldn't send you flowers secretly. He will flaunt it the way he did before you started dating him. Tell me the truth Sunggyu. I know you're not telling me something. This was not only because you're scared that the one doing this is your ex." Damn it! Why does Dongwoo knew him so well?! He breathed a large amount of air before talking.

 

"I'm scared Woo." He started. "I'm scared not only because this might be my ex-boyfriend's stupid stunt to get me back, but I'm afraid that I'm not ready yet to commit or reject someone, that I'll keep this person hanging because I didn't have any answers on what I wanted to do. I don't even know how to reject someone blatantly after giving much effort to make me smile for a week. And Woo... I think I'm betraying my feelings for Woohyun. I know it's stupid because I was the only one feeling this way but I felt like if I accept this date, I would easily give up on my feelings for him without even knowing what I want to do with it." Sunggyu finished with full of confusion in his voice.

 

"Gyu, I understood everything you said but let me ask you one question." He looked up on his bestfriend anticipating his next words. "Would you let yourself drown in your feelings towards Woohyun just because you didn't want to betray those emotions? You didn't know what to do with it and yet you're making it control you."

 

Sunggyu just stayed silent. Is this feeling really controlling me?

 

"I guess you're really confused now Gyu. I know your silence doesn't mean yes because I see the confusion in your eyes. But until you can figure out the answer, face first whatever is in front of you now. Come on. I'll be with you. You can call me right away if your date became uncomfortable. Just get this over with."

 

Sunggyu didn't have any reasons anymore to decline Dongwoo's coercion because he knew he was right; he has to get over this. He sauntered towards the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Outside, Dongwoo and Hoya sit in the living room while waiting. They only have 45 minutes to get Sunggyu ready.

 

"So, what happened in there?" Hoya inquired.

 

"That man in there is in love with Woohyun and he's unknowingly masking it as merely like." Dongwoo answered.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah. I haven't seen him that confused before. And the only way he could resolve and answer the question on what he wants to do with his feelings was to face the man who's making him feel that way. It's up to him if he'll reject Woohyun tonight or accept him but either way, he would have his answer."

 

Sunggyu called Dongwoo to the bedroom again asking for help on what to wear. Dongwoo picked a not too formal and not to casual outfit: Black skinny jeans, white button-up long-sleeves shirt that's slightly fitted with star print on the left side and black tie (Gyu’ style in Infinite Effect Advance Concert). He also helped him style his hair. Ten minutes before 6:00pm, they're already on the road.

 

"Hyung, are you nervous?" Hoya broke the silence.

 

"A bit but I'm fine."

 

"We've been to The Glasshouse and it's a beautiful place. It's a fine-dining but the ambience is not too formal." Hoya shared.

 

"A beautiful place shouldn't be a place to reject someone. Why would that tree want to meet me there?" He sighed.

 

Hoya and Dongwoo just looked at each other.

 

At the The Glasshouse

 

From: Dongwoo hyung

We're on our way. We'll be there in about 20 minutes.

 

Woohyun received Dongwoo's text. It's already 6:10pm, he still has 20 minutes to calm his nerves. He looked at the venue set-up. There were fairy lights around the hall and white roses as table decorations. The stage in front is not that big but also not that small. There's a wide space separating the stage and the tables. Speakers were also set-up at the 4 corners of the place. The table where Sunggyu will sit is in the center, slightly moved forward than the rest. The tables at the very far end were their friends would sit have black table cloth so that it will blend with their clothes. The set-up was simple but dainty. He initially rented the place until 8:30pm but chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter