XVIII - That Time When Sunggyu Worked To Death

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu is currently at Kim Empire, learning the things he needs to know and do while Myungsoo is on vacation. He's now checking reports and navigating Myungsoo's computer to see where the files are saved and located while his brother is seating on the guest's chair in front of the table. It's his 2nd day in the office and he'll be there on crash training with his brother until tomorrow before handling the office on Thursday and Friday.

 

"Hyung, you tricked me!"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You tricked me when you said that I cannot ask for anything until Christmas." Myungsoo pouted.

 

"No. I didn't." He said stifling his laugh.

 

"Yes, you did. You knew that Woohyun hyung's company will release a portable gaming console. That's what you two were whispering about. You knew I would want that unit so I can bring my games anywhere. You, sly hamster!" His brother continued sulking and he couldn't hold himself anymore. He bursts into laughter, laughing at his brother's sulky face.

 

"Buy it on your own Myung. I already bought you what you want."

 

"Hyung, you do know the reason why I'm being stingy. It's not on my budget now."

 

"That's why you're milking me of the things that you want? You're really a brat."

 

"I'm only spoiled to you and sometimes with mom and dad. But I know our parents will not give me anymore the things that I want because I'm earning now."

 

"You can always reward yourself Myung. You've been working hard. You're just like Dongwoo." Sunggyu told his brother.

 

"Hyung, I'm saving for my UK & Europe tour next year. That's the reward I want for myself and buying something out of my budget would mean I would need to adjust everything." Myungsoo started whining.

 

"Then don't ask me for it. I already asked Woohyun to reserve one for me." He stuck out his tongue to his brother that resulted to more whining.

 

"Hmp!"

 

"Stop sulking. You look ugly."

 

"You're the one who's ugly."

 

This is one of those days that the Kim brothers playfully bicker over petty things. Their parents and friends were already used to it and the many times they saw the two of them like this, they would just laugh it out, telling them how they're like toddlers.

 

"Myung, are you really sure these are all I have to do for 2 days? What if there's an urgent matter that's need to be addressed?" Sunggyu suddenly asked.

 

When Sunggyu was trained by their father, he detested all the urgent things that the old Kim gave him as part of his training. He thought of those as mere documents only and doesn't need any more attention than any of the papers on their father's desk.

 

"Just call me hyung to give me a heads-up then I'll give you the instructions. My secretary will also know what to do."

 

"I still can't believe I'm doing this. You know when I informed dad about your ridiculous request, he laughed his off."

 

"Of course, he will crack-up hyung. He knew how bored you can get with this type of work." Their father already gave up training him when he repeatedly expressed distaste in handling the company. The old man just let him do what he wants and tried to understand him completely.

 

"Yes, and I'm out of my mind that I have to do this for you." Myungsoo giggled on his words.

 

"Let's stop talking and get back to work already and I still have to be back at the hospital." Before Sunggyu goes to his brother's office, he will clock-in for his hospital job at 6:00am and do his surgeries. He closed his clinic and cancelled his appointments for a week for his training then go back again to the hospital at 2:00 in the afternoon to resume his work. It was very tiring but he can't back-out, he gave his words to his brother.

 

 

"Mr. Lee, Nam Sajangnim wants you to his office."

 

"Ok. I'll be there in a few." Sungyeol put back the handset on its receiver.

 

It's the release date of their portable gaming unit and it's been chaotic since morning because half of the number of units has been already been out and sold. Sungyeol's team has been monitoring the inflow and outflow of all the units and gaming chips sold together with then Sales Department.

 

He peeked at Woohyun's office and got inside. Looking at his boss, he found him reading of what he assumed a report from then Sales team.

 

"You called me?" Woohyun looked at him.

 

"Yes. I've been seeing a good response with our product. I would like to ask how's the troubleshooting going? Have you received any complaints after release?"

 

"No hyung. So far so good. Even the gaming chips are ok. But, we received many suggestions to add more games for the unit." Sungyeol informed Woohyun.

 

"I know, that's why I want your team to coordinate with the Research department to see what kind of games the public wants. Then you will monitor the production as well. However, don't worry because we don't have any target dates for it just like on our regular product's gaming CDs and uploads. I think 3 games per month would be fine."

 

"Ok. I'll make a letter to the Planning and Research. Do I need to contact the Japan team for this?"

 

"Let your assistant manager handle that. He's still in Japan."

 

"I'll inform him. He's my officer-in-charge for 2 days starting tomorrow. Since he's still overseas, I'll keep my lines and email open in case you need me."

 

"You're on vacation with Myung, why would you want to be disturbed?" Woohyun confusedly asked.

 

"Myung's phone and emails will be open as well hyung; and it's only for 2 days. I think it's fine."

 

"That's not a working vacation dummy. Let your team handle everything, they can manage without you. And tell Myung to turn off his phone too."

 

"Myung can't do that hyung. Sunggyu hyung will be handling his office on his absence. Sunggyu hyung will go haywire if he can't contact Myung for office matters." Sungyeol said casually.

 

"Really? How did Myung get Gyu hyung agree with it? Gyu hyung doesn't like office work."

 

"Gyu hyung didn't have any choice since their father is also on vacation. And, you really knew him too well hyung considering you've only known each other for 3 months."

 

Woohyun shrugged. "I guess we bonded really well on those times he's broken and healing. Anyway, have you reserved a unit for him? I asked you to tell the sales office downstairs. He's going to pick it up later I think."

 

"Yes. And he reminded me not to reserve it under Myung's name. Those 2 brothers need to chill when it comes to gaming." Sungyeol chuckled.

 

"I know. He tricked M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter