L - Parking Love Part 2

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please don't expect too much. I ran out of ideas for the proposal. This might be so cringey T_T

 

"Gyu, the big black van is giving me blindspot. Can you go down and guide me to reverse?"

 

"Eh?"

 

Sunggyu gazed at Dongwoo in disbelief. His crazy bestfriend just asked him to be his parking assistant or parking aide.

 

"Are you crazy Woo? You're seriously asking me to assist you on how to exit this damn dark parking lot?"

 

"Yes Gyu. Couldn't you see these big long van and SUV on both sides of my car and on top of that, there is also another one on the opposite side. I cannot see where and how to maneuver my car. And to add, it is very dark. I need someone to assist me. Just go and help me or do you want to be the one to reverse my car?" He saw Dongwoo smirking because his crazy bestfriend knew he wouldn't do it.

 

"Ok fine!" He replied half-heartedly.

 

Sunggyu alighted from Dongwoo's car and cursed all then big vans around. Stupid big vans. Why are these vans here? The parking lot wasn't that big and they squished themselves here.

 

When Sunggyu reached the back of Dongwoo's car, he cursed more when the van on the right side began reversing, blocking the only space where Dongwoo could steer his car. ! What am I going to do here? And to add to his exasperation, the van on the other side of the car park moved too, completely blocking all the spaces for Dongwoo to move and the drivers didn't even turn on the headlights.

 

He went back to Dongwoo's side of the car and knock on the window.

 

"Woo, talk to the drivers of these ing vans. They completely block the road."

 

"You do it Gyu."

 

"Damn you Woo. You owed me one."

 

Sunggyu walked back and was going to approach one of the vans when suddenly another car from the other side directly opposite Dongwoo's advanced forward, closing on the space and to his horror, Dongwoo reversed the car slowly.

 

"Yah! Jang Dongwoo, stop moving your car, you don't have any spaces to do that." Damn all these cars.

 

"Sorry!" Dongwoo shouted but he never moved his car back.

 

He was losing his patience when another car moved forward going to the opposite side of the exit stopping in a diagonal position. The space where he was, was getting smaller and trapping him when the SUV on the left side of Dongwoo’s moved as well. Why are all the dickhead drivers of these cars and vans have driving license? They were bad drivers. And what’s with their headlights? Don’t they know how to turn it on? He was already getting impatient and he couldn’t do it anymore.

 

"Dongwoo, I'm walking to the exit to hail a taxi. I'm going home. I don't want to do all these s. You find a way to exit this damn parking lot on your own. I’m tired. Just tell Woohyun to go home in one piece later.” 

 

With his face full of displeasure, he started marching towards the exit. He hadn't even stepped for more than 5 steps, another approaching car stopped again and parked beside the car that was in slanted position, parking it the same way. The only space he could walk on was on that one car sized space but a car came and he was trapped inside. He looked around and the carpark looked like inhabited by bad drivers and he was cornered inside the space in the center.

 

"Gyu!" He saw Dongwoo approached him.

 

"Woo, look at these cars. We're surrounded here, you cannot move your car and we cannot go out. Talk to all the idiot drivers of these cars and vans. There's also no space to walk out here, there are walls around. How could these drivers be so dumb?" Sunggyu tried to calm himself while speaking.

 

*****

 

Meanwhile inside the car, everyone was holding their phone and having a group call.

 

Jjongie: Gyu hyung looked pissed already.

Myung: Woohyun hyung, you don't want an angry hamster.

Yeol: Hyung, he will say no to you if you pushed him more.

Hoya: Woohyun, you have to start this or else all of us are dead.

Hyun: I know. Don't worry. We're just waiting for Dongwoo hyung's move.

 

Everyone waited and watched what's happening outside.

 

*****

 

Dongwoo tried to calm Sunggyu down because he knew his bestfriend already lost his patience.

 

"Gyu, calm down. I'll talk to one of them." Dongwoo walked to Woohyun's car leaving Sunggyu in the middle of the dark lot. How did he know which car? It was planned and rehearsed ahead of time.

 

"Woohyun, I'll just get Gyu to simmer down a little. Don't worry." Woohyun just nodded at him.

 

He walked back to Sunggyu and he saw that he was slowly relaxing again.

 

"What did the driver say?"

 

"He said to wait a moment since the 2 slanted cars are giving him a hard time to turn his car around." Dongwoo heard Sunggyu muttered some more profanities under his teeth.

 

"Ok. So, what are we going to do here?"

 

Dongwoo took that as a cue to guide his bestfriend near the two big vehicles covering the space towards the closed part of the car park. He was impressed on how Woohyun pulled it off. There was a big black curtain separating them from whatever was on the other side. It seemed like the black curtain was supported by a customized frame. It didn't completely cover all the spaces but black plastics filled in the gaps from the makeshift wall. There were faint lights that were noticeable inside.

 

None of them saw the decorations because Woohyun did and planned everything by himself. They were only instructed to do 3 things: to trap Sunggyu in the parking lot was one. As to why his bestfriend never realized that all of the cars were their friends, Woohyun covered the plate numbers. And the other one was to sing. Woohyun made them memorize two old Korean songs. And the last one was to dance and sing to 3 kpop songs which he and Hoya thanked all the gods since everyone knew how to dance. It wasn’t hard to teach them. It even impressed him how Woohyun was a total package because, he didn’t only sing well, he was a good dancer too; really a kpop idol material.

 

*****

 

"Why are you making me face this side?" Sunggyu asked confusedly.

 

"Just wait."

 

The big vans suddenly moved back to their proper parking space. Dongwoo pushed him forward more. And when they were near the large black curtain barricade that divided the parking lot in half, Dongwoo whispered, instructing him something.

 

"Gyu, follow my instructions and trust me, ok?" He just nodded his head even he couldn’t comprehend why he needed to follow something.

 

"When the curtain falls down, I want you to walk forward. You will know where you will stop when you see it."

 

"What's this? Is this some kind of a game? Horror house?"

 

"You're dumb Gyu. Horror house in the middle of June? You’re crazy. Stop asking questions and follow what I said. You already agreed."

 

He nodded again and waited for whatever is going to happen.

 

When the black curtain disappeared, his eyes were welcomed with warm lights illuminating the other side of the parking lot. When he looked down, there was a pathway lighted by rows of led lamps. He followed the lighted path with his eyes and at the end of it was a decorated platform. There was a what it seemed like a canopy frame without cover. White curtains beautifully wrapped on its corners with fairy lights accent. There were flowers on the top part but he couldn't make out what kind.

 

At the very back part. he saw the concrete wall of the parking lot became an accent wall made of something like artificial grass or leaves with led cursive letters that read 'I Love You'. There were something hanging below the cursive letters which he couldn’t guess what but seemed like pictures. An artificial cherry blossom tree was standing at the right side, with it's branches spreading on top of the open canopy. Balloon decorations were also on the right side by the foot of the front right corner of the frame. While at the left side he saw some crates but with a black cloth hanging on top hiding something inside. LED lamps of different sizes and height were clustered in front of the crates spreading throughout the space.

 

Sunggyu started walking after Dongwoo nudged his back. He already knew who was the culprit of everything. Nam Woohyun. His sneaky greasy idiot boyfriend. As he walked towards the lighted pathway, his heart was in fluttering chaos because he already had a hunch on what will happen. It was way too easy to guess since there was no occasion that they had to celebrate.

 

As he approached the platform inside the canopy, he was feeling familiar emotions; all were the same when he saw Woohyun confessing to him before: butterflies in his stomach, rapid skipping of his heart and nervousness. He went up the platform and stand in the middle of what he wanted to call an open decorated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter