XII - Parking Lot: Coffee Shop

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the heart to heart talk and bonding time with his family, Sunggyu said his goodbye to his family and went home to his apartment. He'll be meeting his friends at 7:00pm for his birthday dinner with them. He still has 3 hours to spare before he meets them. While waiting, he did his house chores and unpacked his suitcases. It's been 5 days since he arrived and he hasn't unpacked yet.

 

Time went by quickly, it’s now 6:00pm and he needs to prepare to go out. He showered and put on his clothes: black skinny jeans, white closed-neck shirt and light brown mid-calf length coat. His dark-brown wavy hair was styled and parted in the middle with his bangs hanging on his forehead. He looked at himself at the full-length mirror and felt satisfied with his look. After getting his wallet and car key, he left his apartment and drove to the restaurant he reserved. When Sunggyu arrived and everyone is already on their table.

 

He took his seat beside Myungsoo across Dongwoo. "You're all early."

 

"You hate late hyung. So, we have no choice but to be early or else you'll sulk or you’re going to leave us here." Sungjong muttered and everyone laughed.

 

"Yah! It's my birthday. Why are you all laughing at me?" He grumbled which made everyone laugh more.

 

"Sorry hyung. Peace." Sungjong gave him his famous eye-smile.

 

"It's fine. Have you chosen what to eat?"

 

"Not yet hyung. We're waiting for you." Myungsoo answered.

 

"Ok." Sunggyu opened the menu and take note of the food that his friends want to eat. After, he called the attention of the waiter and ordered their food.

 

While waiting, Sunggyu looked at Hoya.

 

"So, Hoya, you joined us. I thought Dongwoo will not bring you with him."

 

"Hey... why wouldn't I bring him, he's Jjong's brother, you knew each other and he's my friend." Dongwoo started to -in even his interrogation with Hoya hasn't start yet.

 

"Why were you so defensive?" He saw his bestfriend lowered his head blushing.

 

"Am not!" Sunggyu just laughed.

 

"Anyway, I'm glad you joined us Hoya. I hope your patience is very long because Dongwoo will take so much of your energy with his incessant chatter." Myungsoo and Sungjong snickered.

 

"Yah! Hoya, don't listen to this stupid hamster."

 

"Sunggyu-hyung, it's fine. I'm getting used to it." Hoya smiled.

 

"So, are you two still friends?" He inquired and both Dongwoo and Hoya blushed. "Oh my, both of you are blushing. It's cute." Dongwoo kicked him on his shin under the table.

 

"Ouch! Dongwoo that hurt."

 

"You deserved it!" And Dongwoo sticked-out his tongue to him. He also kicked Dongwoo in return.

 

"Gyu hyung, Woo hyung stop it now. You two are being childish in front of Hoya hyung." Myungsoo reprimanded them.

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo looked at each other and laughed.

 

"You two are weird." Sungjong commented.

 

"Hoya hyung, don't mind them. They're just being themselves. You'll get used to it." Myungsoo tells Hoya.

 

"It's ok. They're cute bickering like that"

 

"Yeah. They're still kids inside. Good luck in to their future boyfriends." Hoya chortled at Myungsoo's words.

 

When the bestfriends stopped laughing, their food instantly arrived and they started eating. The atmosphere while they ate was lively and Sunggyu couldn't ask for more. Being with his close friends on his birthday gave him more reasons to be thankful. He was so blessed that he has a good circle of friends though small, but it didn't matter. He's happy with what he has.

 

“Hyung, we have to get going. We still have work tomorrow. You’re the only one on vacation.” Myungsoo informed.

 

And with that, they ended the night. Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungjong went on their ways together. The Lee brothers will drop Dongwoo at home. While Myungsoo, went home to their family house.

 

Sunggyu looked at his watch and it's already 8:30pm. He walked his way towards the coffee shop beside the restaurant where they had dinner to buy coffee and dessert. It's still spring season and quite chilly but Sunggyu still bought iced americano together with chocolate mousse. After getting his take-away, he sprinted towards his car.

 

He was about to enter his car when his eyes caught someone he knew. He closed his car door and leaned on it while he crossed his arms and look at the man outside the car 2 parking spaces from his.

 

"You've got to be kidding me." Sunggyu said a little louder so the man could hear him.

 

 

"You've got to be kidding me."

 

Woohyun turned around where the voice came from frowning. He was surprised seeing Sunggyu leaning on his car, arms crossed and chuckling loudly. "Sunggyu hyung?"

 

Sunggyu walked towards him smiling. "The one and only."

 

"I'll start making a list of the carparks where we met." Woohyun said sniggering.

 

"Why on earth are we always meeting in this kind of place?! It's not only getting funnier and weirder as time passed by but it's getting creepier." Sunggyu joked. "Are you going somewhere?"

 

"I was about to go home. I'm with my bestfriend earlier. How about you? It's your birthday hyung and you're alone here."

 

"I had my birthday dinner with my friends. They all went home already. I stopped by the coffee shop to buy coffee and dessert."

 

"Oh. I thought you celebrated your birthday alone."

 

"Of course not. Anyway, are you in a rush to go home?"

 

"Hmm... not at all. Why?"

 

"Let's go inside the coffee shop. It's my birthday. I'll treat you. Don't protest. I won't take no for an answer." Woohyun saw Sunggyu opening his car door and getting his coffee.

 

"Come on. Let's go. It's a bit chilly here." He followed Sunggyu after locking his car.

 

Woohyun ordered Hazelnut coffee and strawberry cake. After Sunggyu paid for it, they seated at the table a little bit far from the crowd.

 

"How did you celebrate your birthday hyung?" Woohyun started the conversation.

 

"I ate lunch with my family and dinner with my friends and now, having coffee and cake with you."

 

"No big parties?"

 

"Nah. Not really a fan of parties. My parents wanted to throw one but I disagreed. A party now would mean people asking me about my unfortunate cancellation of wedding; don't want to explain myself to them."

 

"Wise move." Woohyun smiled.

 

"I know right. Glad my parents understood." Sunggyu sipped his iced coffee.

 

"Seriously, iced americano on a chilly spring night? Aren't you feeling cold enough? And iced americano? Don't you want to sleep?"

 

"I don't want hot coffees. And this..." Sunggyu pointed at his coffee, "... has no effect on me anymore."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes. When you're working in a hospital, coffee is the only thing that will keep you awake the whole shift."

 

"What kind of doctor are you?" Woohyun asked.

 

"I'm a Pediatric Surgeon."

 

"Wow! You're good with kids?"

 

"I guess so; I got them to agree for me to cut them." Woohyun chuckled with Sunggyu's wittiness.

 

They conversation continued getting information about each other when Sunggyu's phone rings. Woohyun noticed Sunggyu frowned and hesitantly answered the call.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Happy Birthday." He saw Sunggyu stiffened; and he already had an idea who's on the other line.

 

"Thank you and stop calling me. Bye."

 

"Sunggyu wait."

 

"Whatever you're gonna say, I'm not going to listen I'm going to hung-up now." Sunggyu ended the call.

 

"Your ex?"

 

"Yeah. Way to ruin my day isn't it?"

 

"Why don't you block his number?" Woohyun curiously asked.

 

"I did. He used different number."

 

"Seems like he isn't over you."

 

"Too bad for him, I am." And they both laughed. "So, are you done with your food?"

 

"Yes. Thank you for the treat."

 

"Don't mention it. I owed you much."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter