IX - And They're Friends Now

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woohyun?"

 

"Sunggyu-ssi?"

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun both laughed when they realized the strangeness of their meetings. After those fleeting moments of pouring of heart out in parking lots, here they are seeing each other again in an airport.

 

"You know what? If I wasn't in a sound mind, I would think that you're stalking me." Sunggyu said chuckling.

 

"Sunggyu-ssi, if I'm also wasn't in a right mind, I would say that I meet you again because you are still broken-hearted and you need someone to listen. But apparently, it looks like you're not needing any ears. You looked... happy."

 

"Because I am. And stop calling me Sunggyu-ssi. Just call me Sunggyu for now."

 

"Ok. So where are you heading to?"

 

"I'm going to the taxi stand to go home. How about you, are you going somewhere?"

 

"Going home as well. Why don't you go with me? I'm going to drop you off your apartment instead of hailing a cab." Woohyun offered.

 

"It's ok Woohyun. I'll take the cab."

 

"No. I insist. I won't take no for an answer. I told you, those many times we met accidentally, we can already start being friends. So, let's go to the parking area; I left my car for 3 days there."

 

"Of course, parking lot again." Sunggyu shook his head smiling. "If you insist, then let’s get going."

 

Together, they walked towards another parking lot that they can add to their odd list of meetings. They still ended up in a carpark after all.

 

Upon reaching Woohyun's car, Woohyun loaded their luggage at the compartment and at the backseat since all their suitcases won't fit inside the luxury car's compartment. They took their seats and pull-out the space after paying the parking fees.

 

"So, what brought you to the airport with those big bags? I just saw you last week mad at your ex-boyfriend after walking out of the grill." Woohyun started the conversation.

 

"I took a vacation. Well, technically, I'm still off-work until Sunday next week. This was a planned trip even before the cheating fiasco happened. And I'm glad I already booked this prior. Because I badly needed a time for myself."

 

"So, where did you go?"

 

"Hmm... I flew to Tokyo last Thursday afternoon and went back here last Tuesday."

 

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu confused. "Wait, if you went back last Tuesday, why are you still at the airport? It's already Saturday you know. Did you sleep there?"

 

"Oh. Sorry, incomplete information. My bad." To clear the confusion, Sunggyu continues to explain. "I just had a lay-over here in Seoul last Tuesday then I went to Jeju for 4 days."

 

"I also came from Jeju for business trip. I arrived last Wednesday. Where did you stay?"

 

"I stayed at Grand Hyatt Jeju."

 

"What? That's where I stayed as well. How come we never bumped to each other?" Woohyun loudly exclaimed while Sunggyu's eyes double its size.

 

"Well, maybe because it isn't a parking lot." Sunggyu joked.

 

"Seriously, our parking lot meetings are getting weirder each week. We're both in Jeju, staying at the same hotel and we never even met once. But here in Seoul, we kept on meeting in a carpark or any place with it." He snickered.

 

"Yeah. What's with the parking lot and us anyways. I mean, we could've met maybe in front of the café the first time, inside the mall on the 2nd time and inside the grill on the 3rd time but we kept on bumping at each other in carparks. It may be funny but still, it's strange."

 

"I know right. Anyway, you said you took a vacation, so was it a healing trip?" Woohyun asked.

 

"Well, the trip wasn't really meant for healing at first when I booked it. It's a birthday trip but it became a healing trip as well."

 

"It's your birthday? Happy birthday."

 

"No. My birthday is next week on the 28th." Sunggyu corrected.

 

"Ok. So, tell me." Woohyun looked slightly at Sunggyu. "Did your Japan and Jeju trip healed you?"

 

"Yes. It did. I'm now feeling well and I had let go of everything. There's still anger but it's fine as long as I feel peace and my heart stopped hurting. Honestly, I thought I would return without any progress but luckily, I became. I found myself as well."

 

Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu. He was glad that the man beside him is ok now. The 3 times they encountered each other, Sunggyu has always been on tears and emotional. Seeing him now with a light and bright face made him delighted as well. He felt like that he'd been a part of Sunggyu's journey of pain and to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter