XI - Birthday Lunch & Heart-to-Heart

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Sunggyu's birthday and right now, he's on his way to their family house for his birthday lunch. It was supposed to be a birthday dinner but he decided to treat his friends for dinner instead. His brother didn't go to work to join them for lunch and of course, he would tag along on his birthday dinner as well.

 

Sunggyu didn't really want to celebrate his birthday with big party no matter how much his parents want him too. He prefers intimate lunch or dinner with his loved ones; and that's enough for him. No need to mingle with people he really doesn't know existed. Furthermore, he wants to be away from the limelight for now so he could get away from people asking about his cancelled wedding.

 

He arrived at his parents’ house an hour before noon. Their cook was still preparing all the dishes his mother instructed to make. He found his parents watching TV in the entertainment room.

 

"Hi Mom. Hi Dad."

 

"Hey son, happy birthday." His parents hugged and kissed him. Then he heard someone running down the stairs. Who else would it be? His one and only bratty brother.

 

"Hyung!!!" Myungsoo ran to him and hugged him. "Happy birthday! You're old already!"

 

"Yah! Who's old? If I'm old then how about mom and dad!" Sunggyu earned a smack at the back of his head from his mother.

 

"Awww... why are you hitting me mom? It's my birthday."

 

"Who are you calling old Kim Sunggyu?"

 

"No one. Did I say you're old?" Mr. Kim and Myungsoo couldn't help but laugh at them.

 

"Is the food ready?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Not yet baby. You have to wait an hour more." His mother answered

 

"Ok. I'll be at my room. Hyung, want to play games?"

 

"Nah. Not in the mood. But I'll go with you." The Kim brothers headed to the younger's room. Sunggyu remembered promising his mother to talk to Myungsoo about his brother's love life.

 

"Myung, how's work?" He asked his brother while he laid down on the bed.

 

"Good hyung. Not too busy. We have many clients these days."

 

"Speaking of clients, mom and dad saw you more than a week ago with someone. Was he really a client or someone we should know?" Sunggyu saw his brother hiding his blushed cheek a bit.

 

"H-hyung, he was just a client."

 

"Then why are you blushing?" He teased.

 

"No. I'm not."

 

"Yes, you are. I can see it. Spill the tea bro.”

 

"Hyung, he was really a client and I met him because I replaced one of our agents temporarily that day. I scheduled a seminar out on whim for the employees without asking them if there was a conflict with their schedules. Apparently, the client had meeting with one of the agents. I had to step-up because it's partly my fault."

 

"Ok. You said he 'was' a client. So, what's he now?"

 

"Yah hyung! Why are you picking on my words?" His brother pouted. "You, smarty-pants hamster." He heard Myungsoo uttered in low voice.

 

"Yah! Don't call me hamster you bonehead." Then hit his brother's head.

 

"Ouch! That hurts hyung. You and mom are sadist"

 

"No, we're not. So, talk now boy or I'll call mom and we'll grill you at the same time."

 

"Don't call mom. I'll talk." Myungsoo exhaled. "He was really a client and now he is a friend. He asked me out last week but it's not a date as well. We just hung-out to get to know each other. Nothing more than that."

 

"So, do you like this friend?" It's feels like déja vu asking it didn’t he just asked the same question to Dongwoo.

 

"Hmm... he's nice hyung. He's bubbly like Dongwoo hyung; a ball of sunshine."

 

"Oh my god! Are you another Dongwoo-Hoya tandem. One is bright and sunny and the other one is dull and dark."

 

"Hyung, I'm not dull and dark. Why are you saying I'm boring? You know I'm not." Myungsoo whined.

 

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. So, has this friend made a move on you already?"

 

"He was always calling and sending me texts. He's inviting me again to hangout next week." His brother said while focused on his game.

 

"Are you going?"

 

"I don't know hyung. I mean, if I accept his invitation, he might assume that I'm interested at him."

 

"Are you not?" Sunggyu asked with eyebrows raised.

 

"I don't know. But what if I am hyung?" Myungsoo turned his head and looked at him.

 

"Then you are! What's the problem with that. Just be sure that he's also interested at you. I don't want you to get hurt." He advised.

 

"He is interested hyung. He told me that he liked me since our first meeting. That's why he asked me out last week. But hyung, if we got into a relationship, what about mom and dad?"

 

"What about them?"

 

"They might want me to have a girlfriend and give them grandchild because of the company."

 

Sunggyu sighed. Myungsoo's problem wasn't really a problem to be honest. He got off the bed and sat beside him.

 

"Myung, mom and dad wouldn't want anything but our happiness. We both came out to them as gays and they accepted that whole-heartedly. Do you remember what dad said that time?" Both of them confessed to their parents at the same time and nearly gave their mother a heart attack which was kind of funny because she laughed when they got panicked because she was being dramatic. "Dad said, 'As long as you both are still the same persons we raised, we don't mind your ual preference. We love you and we will accept you for who you are.'."

 

"I remembered."

 

"When our parents accepted us, it goes without saying that they also let go of the fact about having a grandchild and an heir to continue the bloodline. And Myung, there are many ways to give them a grandchild. There's adoption and there's IVF. No need to fret about it actually. And, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter