XXXIII - Trust Issues

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Another angsty chapter. Sorry. But relationship is a rollercoaster of events especially for the broken people. Good days will come soon. Promise.

After One Month

The season changed into winter and couple, Sunggyu and Woohyun, never gotten into any arguments or fight again. Spending time together was still challenging but both could manage and they were matured about it. They were supposed to be in a holiday trip like what they talked about before Sunggyu went to US months ago however, Woohyun couldn't be out of his office for too long because if he did, his employees at the Nam Clothings would have to work on holidays. Thus, both decided to not push through with the trip.

 

Sunggyu decided to close his clinic for 3 weeks of December until after New Year. He only works at the OR and doing rounds everyday. Hence, he had more time now than before. It was still like a holiday for him. Since it was winter, he was lazy to go out because of the cold and just enjoyed his time staying in his house or in his clinic where there is peace.

 

Sunggyu tried re-evaluating his life from the time he broke-up with his ex-fiancé. The break-up led him to knowing Woohyun. He still couldn't believe that in a span of 4 months after it, he became in a relationship again and that was fast. He feared to commit again yet he took another risk to give his heart to another person and exposing himself to heartbreak again; after telling himself that he wouldn't want to be in a relationship for the meantime. Woohyun broke the walls he was building around him and that fear of heartbreak he had slowly disappeared because of how his boyfriend was treating him. He treated him well and never did anything to hurt him. His insecurity of giving affections and being clingy because he's scared of suffocating others also vanished because of Woohyun. Woohyun accepted all his clinginess and affections and never complained even once; but he guessed, it was because the other loves skinship; so, it had been easy to resolve it. And he had been so happy to be himself again.

 

When they had their first fight the past month, he learned how to wait and be secured that Woohyun would always show up; and he always did like what he promised him. He learned to trust him. But he still wondered if he trusts him enough.

 

Sometimes, he felt scared of everything not because of opening himself again to someone, leaving him vulnerable but because, he might be the one who will cause pain to Woohyun. He already did twice: first, on the night they started their relationship and second, when he let his insecurity took over him. He felt pathetic because he wasn't a person who was giving second chances and yet Woohyun had been giving him all the chances. Dongwoo had been always there and kept on reminding him not to ruin his and Woohyun's relationship because he would be the one who will destroy Woohyun. He was scared of that; too scared that sometimes it was making him realize how he doesn't deserve him.

 

Sunggyu snapped out of his trance when Sungjong entered the clinic

 

"Jjong, what are you doing here? You should be in the OR at this time."

 

"Hyung, our OR board was empty now. Everything was done already for the day unless emergency came in. How about you hyung, why are you still here? You ended all your schedule today." His nurse asked curiously.

 

"I was just resting before I go. This is the earliest I ended my shift and it's not even afternoon. I wasn't used to it."

 

"Me too hyung. I wasn't used to going home at 2:00pm. Hyung, why don't you visit Woohyun hyung? It's rare for us to have too much time on our hands."

 

What Sungjong said already crossed his mind. He wanted to visit Woohyun but he knew that his boyfriend will stop everything he's doing if he saw him there.

 

"I'll think about it Jjongie. Woohyun is very busy and I don't want to disturb him."

 

"Ok hyung. Anyway, I'll go now. Drive safely later."

 

After Sungjong closed the door, he looked for his phone; maybe he could call Woohyun.

 

 

As usual, Woohyun was buried in paper works for the new business. They had been finalizing everything now. They already found a 3-storey building that will house the showroom, fabric and other materials warehouse and the workstation of the tailors. All the employees of the Nam Clothings departments were already settled in their Nam Corp Building. All that they had to do now were the renovations of the showroom building, finalize the designs, marketing and advertisement.

 

He stopped working when he heard his phone rings and answered it blindly.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hyun." He glanced at his wall clock.

 

"Hey, why were you calling now? I thought you're in the OR at this time? Is there any problem?"

 

"No. I finished early today. I have no schedule after lunch. Are you still busy?"

 

"Hmm... reviewing the budget reports. What are you doing now?"

 

"Resting here in the clinic thinking of what to do. I'm not used to ending my shift this early."

 

"Want to come here? I could use you to review all these reports." He teased. He knew Sunggyu's aversion to office works increased when he covered for Myungsoo.

 

"You're funny Nam Woohyun." Woohyun could see him rolling his eyes on him.

 

"I'm just kidding. Just go and visit Dongwoo hyung if you don't want to go home."

 

"I think I will. Go back to your work. Don't skip meal."

 

"I won't. Say hi to Dongwoo hyung. Bye babe."

 

Woohyun got back to his work. Hearing Sunggyu's voice was enough for him to function the whole day. He knew that Sunggyu had so much time to spare now and he felt bad because he has none and they still couldn't spend more time together. That's why he couldn't wait for their new business to launch. He could go on vacation after. Maybe he and Sunggyu could continue with their planned trip.

 

Woohyun continued to check all his e-mails when he noticed one familiar address.

 

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

 

Subject: Hi

 

 

Hi Woohyun.

 

How are you? I'll be there in Seoul for a week for vacation starting this coming Friday. My flight is tomorrow. Can we meet while I'm there? I will be staying at a hotel around Myeongdong. Hope we could catch-up.

 

Jinwoon

 

 

Woohyun raised his eyebrows after reading the e-mail. Jeong Jinwoon, his ex-boyfriend from US. After they broke up, they never had any communication at all. It had been three years. He chose to ignore the message and just continue working because for him, it wasn't important anymore. For him, that chapter had already ended and there was no used to open that by keeping in contact with him.

 

 

Saturday morning, Woohyun and Sunggyu decided to visit the mall for their date. They didn't usually hangout there much because there were too many people around. They mostly prefer eating in a cozy place or go to their favorite playground but most of the times, they just spent dates at home. But for some reasons, Sunggyu wanted to go and window shop.

 

"Where do you want to go first?"

 

"I want to go to the clothing store I usually shop."

 

"You aren't buying the whole store babe, are you?" He saw Sunggyu's closet and it was almost full of new clothes. Dongwoo warned him about his boyfriend's obsession.

 

"I'm not. I would just like to look around there because it's sale season. And stop listening to Dongwoo." He chuckled.

 

"I was just asking. Why were you defensive?"

 

"I'm not."

 

They entered the store and he never saw Sunggyu beside him again. His boyfriend was all over the store getting every shirts and jeans that caught his eyes. While he just stayed outside the fitting area where there was a bench for him to sit and wait.

 

When Sunggyu finished fitting all the clothes that he wanted and it surprised him that he tossed some shirts to him.

 

"Hyun, go, try those."

 

"You're buying me clothes now?"

 

"Yes." And Sunggyu shoved him inside the fitting room. He tried all the clothes his boyfriend continued tossing on the space above the door.

 

"Babe, stop giving me more clothes to fit. These were too many already. What am I going to do with these?"

 

"You're going to wear it because we're decluttering your closet. We're going to replace your old clothes with those."

 

"And what am I going to do with my old clothes? Throw it away?"

 

"We're going to donate it idiot! Are you done?"

 

"Yes. I'll just fix my hair. You had such a bad aim babe."

 

After paying for all the clothes which he insisted on paying half of the price, they walked out the store with 6 paper bags on their hands.

 

"Dongwoo hyung wasn't lying. You really are obsessed with clothes."

 

"I donate my old clothes so these are replacements."

 

"Still you bought too many. I don't usually shop as many as these."

 

Woohyun looked at the paper bags full of clothes and jeans on his hands. It was the first time he bought that many clothes in his life. He only shopped when necessary. He only gave in to Sunggyu's when he heard that they would donate his old clothes.

 

"I'm going to put also some of your clothes in my closet dummy so when you stayed over you have something to wear and will stop wearing mine. Seriously Hyun, you're ruining my clothes because your built is bigger than mine."

 

"Then I'm going to put some of your clothes in mine to. You looked like kite wearing my clothes." He retorted.

 

Sunggyu glared at him and he couldn't help but laugh on his cuteness. "Stop glaring, I'm not scared at all. Now, where do you want to eat? It's almost lunch time."

 

They ended eating at the mall's food court. After, they walked around again but only to window shop. They dropped by the supermarket to buy some food to stock in their fridge because it's winter.

 

"Come on babe let's bring these to your car first before we have our snack. I know you're hungry again."

 

They immediately hurried towards Sunggyu's car to put everything they bought. It was a cold December day and he knew his boyfriend will start to whine for feeling cold if they took a long time.

 

After, they entered the café located at the corner of the mall.

 

"What do you want Hyun? I'm paying."

 

"The usual babe, hazelnut coffee and you choose the dessert you want."

 

Woohyun checked his phone while waiting. An e-mail notification came in coming from his ex-boyfriend again. What does he want again? He opened the e-mail and read the message.

 

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: Hi

 

 

Woohyun. I haven't received any reply from you. Just wondering if you would meet me. I know it's been a long time but I thought we could hangout while I'm here in Korea for old times’ sake.

 

 

Jinwoon

 

 

Woohyun ignored the message again. He didn't want to meet him. And he was planning on telling Sunggyu about it.

 

Sunggyu came back with their orders and start eating and talking.

 

"Babe, I have to tell you something. My..."

 

His words were cut when someone called his name.

 

"Woohyun?"

 

Woohyun gaped because he knew that voice. He looked up him.

 

"It's really you." Then the man he didn't want to see took a sit beside him.

 

"Jinwoon." He glanced at Sunggyu across him looking at him with a glower.

 

"You didn't reply to my e-mails. I'm glad I saw you here. I was going to the mall and thought to buy coffee first." His ex-boyfriend suddenly hugged him.

 

“I missed you Namu.”

 

Woohyun felt a kick on his shin under the table.

 

"So, how are you? I haven't seen you for 3 years since you left..."

 

-----

 

"I haven't seen you for 3 years..."

 

That broke the train questions inside Sunggyu's head. Three years. The only person Woohyun haven't met for three years was his ex-boyfriend. He looked at him and with the expression Woohyun wore, he knew he was right. Woohyun never told him that his ex-boyfriend contacted him or that he’d appear in front of them and hug Woohyun while saying he missed him. He glared at the man beside Woohyun who was so impolite to interrupt them. His blood boiled and his hands curled into a fist. He saw how uncomfortable Woohyun was and he couldn't even say a single thing because of his ex's never-ending chatter.

 

"Jinwoon stop." His boyfriend found his voice finally and the man closed his mouth and that was the only time Woohyun's ex looked at him.

 

"Oh. I'm sorry you're with someone. I didn't notice. Hi. I'm Jinwoon. Woohyun's friend. Sorry I didn't see you." How could you see me, your eyes were only focused on my boyfriend ? He thought and gave him a fake smile.

 

"I'm Sunggyu."

 

"Nice to meet you Sunggyu-ssi. I never met any of Wooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter