XXV - Aftermath: The Dongwoo Talk

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu woke up late the next day because he and Woohyun went home late from the playground. After Woohyun dropped him off an hour after midnight, he immediately fell asleep after washing because of tiredness from yesterday's happenings. He got his phone from his nightstand and saw Dongwoo's message asking him to call when he wakes up. ! I can't sleep again. Dongwoo will get hysterical if I ignored his message. Instead of calling right away, he went to the bathroom and washed his face first and brushed his teeth. He was still sleepy and wanted to sleep more but he has to call the crazy Dongwoo or else he'll see him outside his door breaking the doorbell again. He puffed some air and started calling his bestfriend.

 

After one ring, Dongwoo picked up the call.

 

"Yah, what were you doing? Hugging your phone? You answered too fast."

 

This was Dongwoo's habit. Whenever he's waiting for Sunggyu's call, the phone wouldn't leave Dongwoo's hand until he received a call from him. Thus, the call will be answered right away.

 

"You called late. I sent that message 3 hours ago and you used to wake up early on Sundays for your chores. Where are you? Why did you wake up so late? It's almost lunch time." Dongwoo and his tirade of questions.

 

"I'm at my apartment Woo. I woke up late because I got home after midnight. Why are you getting frantic about it?"

 

"Why did you get home late? We left the coffee shop before 10:00pm. You and Woohyun didn't go home after that?" Sunggyu knew this was coming. Calling Dongwoo would mean his bestfriend will extract all the information he wants to know about everything last night.

 

"Yes. We went at the playground we often go to hangout."

 

"Gyu, I need the story. I'm heading there to your apartment now so don't you dare sleep on me or I'll break your doorbell like last time."

 

"Yeah yeah! I know you're just waiting around the corner and planning to raid my house the moment I wake up. Bring food, I'm starving." Typical Dongwoo. His bestfriend often do this; waiting on his car near his apartment so he can be here fast when he wants what he deemed important information from him.

 

Sunggyu checked on his other messages and found missed calls from Woohyun. Do I need to call him back or just wait for his call again? Would it be weird of I call first? Or maybe I'll text him first. He sighed. Why was it so hard for him now to initiate the conversation? But he promised him that he would try not to feel awkward anymore. Kim Sunggyu, make up your damn mind! Before he could move his fingers to make a call, his doorbell rang. Dongwoo was fast. Sunggyu opened the door and let Dongwoo in.

 

"Why are you here so fast? I told you to buy food."

 

"I already bought while waiting."

 

"You're really crazy Woo. Who would wait around the corner just to gossip."

 

"I know but you love me so let's eat first before we get into business, shall we?" Suggyu rolled his eyes and started walking to the kitchen.

 

The two bestfriends ate while chatting about random stuff about Dongwoo's work. He laughed so hard when his bestfriend told him that he asked Woohyun why he's not a kpop idol. He knew Woohyun doesn't want to be one because that tree loves working at their family's business.

 

"I couldn't believe you asked him that Woo. Do you know how workaholic Woohyun is? For 3 years, the only relationship he had was with his work." Sunggyu laughed.

 

"But 2 of his bandmates are in the entertainment world, why would he waste his voice talking to clients and stockholders."

 

"He was programmed to handle their business since childhood because his older brother was like me who didn't want to have anything to do with their business. So, I guessed, he never really had a chance to think about making music or singing his career choice."

 

Sunggyu knew well what was expected if you're an heir of a family business. Like Myungsoo, Woohyun didn't have any choice. It was just fortunate that his brother loves running their business.

 

"You really knew him well Gyu."

 

"His and Myungsoo's fate was the same because both their older brothers were an for not wanting to run their family business."

 

"You do have so many things in common, no wonder, you two became close that fast." Dongwoo commented while he just shrugged his shoulders. "Anyway, did you know that Woohyun was planning to go here today but I called him first and asked him not to come because I'll be here. He's whining like a toddler on the phone."

 

"You threatened him not to come, I know you Woo. You did that before. So, what did you threatened him with?"

 

"Video recording of his confession yesterday. I said I will post it in YouTube if he comes here."

 

"Yah! Why would you record it? Give me the copy. I'll destroy it. And how did you even do it, it was dark."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter