XXXII - Kiss and Make-Up

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun was in his home office working. He needed a diversion. Good thing he asked his secretary to scan the other documents he was trying to fix yesterday and email everything to him. He never really finished everything last night because of his supposed to be date. He just did the most urgent file and left to meet Sunggyu.

 

When Woohyun woke up after lunch with a hangover, he could't remember how he got home and he had to call Dongwoo to ask. He rested the whole day and started working at 3:00pm. Three hours had passed and he was still not done. He leaned on his seat and turned his chair to face the glass wall behind him. It was autumn and the night came fast. It was already dark outside. He stared blankly at the lights coming from the buildings around him. He was living in the Gangnam which was a business district and building lights were everywhere. Sunggyu. He thought of his boyfriend. What would I do with him? He turned again to his table and looked at his phone thinking if he should call. Maybe he needed time. Then, he turned to the vast dark space outside again, leaving his phone untouched since afternoon. He closed his eyes to rest it before starting working again.

 

Woohyun didn't realized he drifted to a nap until he got startled by the doorbell. He checked the time and it's already 7:40 in the evening. He looked around and his place’s lights were still off. Only the kitchen lights were which maybe he forgot to turn off earlier. The doorbell chimed again. He got up and walked to the door navigating in the dimly lit living room due to the kitchen lights. When he opened his door, he didn't expect to see Sunggyu outside.

 

"Gyu, what are you doing here?" He asked. He was surprised to see him outside. But instead of hearing an answer, his boyfriend threw himself to him and hug him, making him staggered backwards. He held him back for support.

 

"Hey. What happened? Are you ok?" He asked again while patting his back.

 

"I'm sorry." Woohyun sighed and pulled Sunggyu towards his living room and made him sit before he some living room lights which were enough to lit the whole room.

 

"Do you want water?" Sunggyu shook his head. "Have you eaten?" He saw him shook his head again. "Ok. Stay here and I'll call for delivery." He was about to get up when Sunggyu holds his hand.

 

"Hyun..."

 

"I know. We'll talk just let me call for food first so we can eat." He softly brushed Sunggyu's left cheek before getting his phone from his office desk.

 

After the call, he walked back and sat beside Sunggyu who just kept on looking at his lap.

 

"Babe, stop looking down and look at me." He saw him look up. "Are you ready to talk now?" Sunggyu nodded. "Ok. I'm listening."

 

"I'm sorry. I hurt you again yesterday. I was unreasonable and I didn't trust you enough that you would show up and that you were not lying. I've been left waiting for nothing countless times before and that's why I hated people who were late and hated waiting for too long. I thought you'd do that as well. It was my insecurity talking and I couldn't control it sometimes. I'm sorry Woohyun."

 

"You could've told me that last night instead of not talking. I knew I was late and you were angry and I was sorry for that. I wasn't lying to you when I said I was held-up at work. I tried my best to be there early. But Gyu, I couldn't understand was why you never even said a single word last night. I waited for you to speak-up, didn't I? And when you finally talk, all you have to say was you can walk yourself home. It was dismissive and I was hurt and disappointed because I thought we're being honest to each other. However, when you stayed mute, I couldn't understand what's going on in your mind. You have to tell me Gyu. I couldn't go through that silent treatment everytime your insecurities overpowered you or everytime we fight. You have to learn how to talk to me about those things so I will know and understand what’s going on in your mind and we could fix things. Babe, silent treatment wouldn’t fix things. If you were used to doing that to your ex-fiancé when you fought with him and it worked for both of you, it won’t work on me. Because, things wouldn’t be solved without talking and I didn’t want that for us. Communication works in two ways babe.”

 

"..."

 

"Gyu, stop feeling bad. I was never angry at you. It's ok now." He lifted his boyfriend's chin to make him look at him.

 

"I'm still sorry."

 

"I know." Woohyun pulled Sunggyu closer to wrap him in his arms. "I'm sorry if I was very late last night. I wouldn't promise that it wouldn't happen again but I will always try to be always on time. All you have to do is trust me. And... I'll always show up no matter how late. I'll always show up even you already left because you got tired of waiting. I'll always show up because I didn't want you to feel same as what you've felt before. Just trust in me babe." He said softly and continued hugging the clinging man beside him.

 

"Feeling better?" He asked.

 

"Yeah. I missed you."

 

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I have too much work now."

 

"It’s ok. I understand."

 

"So, tell me all the things I missed while I was away and tell me about your cute little patients last week."

 

That was how it usually goes for them. They would talk and catch-up on things that happened in a week when they're both working and couldn't meet.

 

When their food arrived and continued their chit-chats about anything while eating.

 

*****

 

Woohyun went back to his home office to fix all the documents scattered on his table and shut down his laptop while Sunggyu was washing dishes. He had to stop working because it's his time shared with his boyfriend. He was glad he came over to talk. He would've done it, go to Sunggyu's apartment and be the one to put down his pride but he thought, it was helpful to Sunggyu to learn to be the one to speak first without him forcing him to because the more he forced him, the more he won't speak.

 

After he was done, he sauntered his way to the kitchen to see if Sunggyu was already done. He found him wiping the kitchen counters.

 

"Done?" He asked while side-hugging him.

 

"Almost. I'll just wash this rag. Just go and sit on your couch." He followed and on his way to the living area, he turned off the lights and made the kitchen lights the only thing that illuminate the living area since his house has an open layout.

 

Shortly, Sunggyu went out of the kitchen and sat down beside him. He lay down making Sunggyu's thigh his pillow and closed his eyes.

 

"Are you tired?"

 

"Hmm... and my head still hurts because of hangover." Sunggyu brushed his hair making him more relaxed.

 

"Why did you drink? You should've gone home last night instead of going to the bar. You're an idiot."

 

"I was too tired from work and you were mad at me. I was hurt. Are you mad I got drunk?"

 

"No. But you should have been more responsible. You were alone drinking. If Dongwoo and Hoya didn't find you there, how would you go home?" He smiled how Sunggyu was nagging but caring at the same time.

 

Woohyun was getting used to Sunggyu's nagging especially on those times he skipped meals. He nagged more than his mother.

 

"Why are you smiling idiot?"

 

"You're cute." He reached for his boyfriend's blushing right cheek and pinched it.

 

"And you're crazy. Next time, drink here at your house if you want to get drunk. Or maybe ask your idiot friends to drink with you."

 

That came as a shock to him; that Sunggyu was allowing him to drink. He thought he wouldn't allow him because of what his ex-boyfriends have done to him.

 

"You're really allowing me to get drunk with my friends? I thought you wouldn't allow me to drink. Don't you feel any insecurity with that? Your ex often dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter