XLI - Ten Shots

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This was also one chapter that I don't know if I have to revise or not post at all. The point of showing how Sunggyu would deal with the situation that would differ from the past was very hard to think of. On his first relationship, he trusted his ex blindly and accepted whatever lies and explanations there were while on the second one, Sunggyu was full of anger and he confronted his ex-fiance right from the start but he never want to hear a thing or two from him. With Woohyun, what he felt was much deeper. The love he has for him was much bigger. If I would get them to talk maturely right from the start, I couldn't push Sunggyu's character to his breaking point. Remember, a broken person would still be broken until he is fully healed. 

 

PS: The talk Gyu and Hyun had were parallel. It seemed like connected but no one was answering anything. And it was supposed to be on Sunggyu's thoughts only but what the heck... just let them talk.

 

Sunggyu ran outside the building after getting out of the elevator. He waited for a taxi to come. Sunggyu, you shouldn't cry here. Just let out everything in your apartment. He tried his best to hold back his tears; tears that were threatening to fall the moment he slammed the door.

 

 

Flashback

 

Sunggyu was inside the taxi going to Woohyun's office. He couldn't wait to see him and spend his free time on a Friday with his boyfriend. It wasn't the first time he will stay in Woohyun's office while waiting for him. He already did it once and it was on that time that he didn't want to wait for him alone in the place they're supposed to meet. He could also rest while waiting for him.

 

The image of Woohyun busy working and concentrating with whatever he was reading or doing made him smile. For him, Woohyun looked handsome while working and he would like to stare at him all day doing the thing he do; something that he would never admit to the younger.

 

When the taxi arrived in front of the Nam Corp building, Sunggyu immediately went inside and went directly to the elevator exclusively for the CEO's office. It didn't take a long time for the metal box to open. His excited feet enter and he pushed the floor level he's going, 28th floor.

 

The elevator opened and he got off fast. When he turned to the corner with the hallway leading to Woohyun's office, he saw that his office door was opened. He frowned because he knew Woohyun wanted privacy when working. When he reached Jiyoon's station, he smiled and politely greeted the secretary.

 

"Jiyoon-ssi, how are you?" The secretary returned his greetings with a sweet smile before answering.

 

"I'm good Mr. Kim."

 

"I told you before, just call me Sunggyu, I don't mind even if you're younger than me." Jiyoon smile shyly. "So why is the door open?"

 

"Sajangnim is having a meeting and he wanted it opened. Mr. Lee was just here but he needed to go for a while. He just left three minutes before you came."

 

Sunggyu became confused but he thought he would just ask Woohyun why. He said his goodbye to Jiyoon and walked towards the open door. When he passed the door, he was greeted by a sight that he never expected. A woman was clinging on Woohyun and kissing him. All the rational thoughts in him flew away and abruptly went out pulling the door and slammed it as loud as he could.

 

Sunggyu walked fast where the elevator was; earning a confused look from Jiyoon. He waited for the elevator and luckily it came up fast. He couldn't breathe. He needed to get out. His hands were shaking and his chest was pounding so hard. His whole world was starting to fall apart. He couldn't think and he couldn't calm down. The pain, it was more than what he felt from the past.

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

Sunggyu went out of the cab and sprinted to his apartment. After he closed the door and slid down the floor and started to cry his heart out. He couldn't believe that he would feel that intense pain again and anger. The feeling of wanting to hit someone or something was there. His phone that wouldn't stop ringing was thrown on the wall smashing it into pieces. He didn't care whoever was calling whether it was from his family or from Dongwoo. He didn't care if it was from Woohyun. All the explanations that would come out from Woohyun's mouth wouldn't do anything to ease the pain he was feeling. He couldn't believe that Woohyun would be capable of doing that to him; cheating on him and betraying him. His mind couldn't and wouldn’t accept it, denying that it was true. But his heart was slowly killing him with its continuous clenching.

 

Sunggyu hit his chest as if it could relieve the throbbing pain inside him. He was slumped down the floor and leaning against the door. He didn't have any energy to move. He folded his knees and buried his head on it crying silently. The tears wouldn't stop and he wasn't trying to even wipe it. He just didn't care about everything now. He felt like dying. He felt lifeless. His sobs and tears were the only proof that he was alive; that he was still breathing. He trusted Woohyun. He learnt to trust him more than he trusted himself. It hurt that after everything he did to let go of his trust issues, it will come back again to bite him harder than it did before.

 

The sobs got louder and louder and it was echoing inside the four corners of his apartment. His apartment was the only witness of how broken he was again. He couldn't care less of the outside world. He could only find his solitude in his personal space, away from Woohyun. The peacefulness of his heart was shattered. There was a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness budding inside him. He felt pain but at the same time, he felt empty. The pain was giving him a hollow feeling that he knew only the person who hurt him could fill. He loved Woohyun so much; so much that it made his world fell down crushing on his feet when he saw him kissing someone and all he could do was to slam the door as loud as he could. Because perhaps, the door could tell Woohyun how much it hurt. How much he was dying inside.

 

For hours, Sunggyu continued bawling his eyes out. The buckets of tears were endless. For hours, Sunggyu just stayed curled up sitting by the door letting his emotions took over him. And for hours, someone was outside sitting on the opposite side of the door listening to his sobs and crying silently.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu tried to gather some energy to get up from the floor but his knees wobbled. He held the wall and door for support to find his balance. He looked at his apartment and it was dark already after the sun set few hours ago. He tried to take a step. He just wanted to curl up on the comfort of his bed and wallow in misery. But, he hadn't gone far from the door and barely made two steps when he heard someone speak. The voice of the last person he wanted to see echoed in his ears. His knees shook again. Woohyun’s voice was making him weak. He went back to sitting on the floor and let go of his tears again.

 

"Gyu."

 

He felt the pain mixed in his voice.

 

"Gyu, I'm sorry. I don't know if you wanted to hear or listen to me but I need to try and explain. I know you wouldn't believe me but I would still do this."

 

“Woohyun, just go please. I don't want to hear anything you would say.”

 

"I never cheated on you nor I betrayed you and your trust. That woman, she was the one I told you about last month. I need to meet her for something."

 

“I don't know what to believe Woohyun. So, please stop and go.”

 

"Yeol was there with me the whole time. He never left me alone with her until he needed to go at the end of the meeting. We purposely left the door open because I wasn't comfortable with her inside my office. It was better to keep the doors open were people could peek in at any time because maybe she will not do anything."

 

“The meeting ended and she was still in there. You could've shown her the door and shoved her out!”

 

“But I was wrong. I asked her to leave when Sungyeol was still there but she didn't move and Yeol needed to go. The moment Yeol was out of sight she pulled me and kissed me. I was also shocked."

 

“You closed your eyes and I saw it. You two were hugging. I told you don’t make me catch you returning her moves but you still did.”

 

"I never responded Gyu; even when my eyes were closed, I never returned her kiss. It was an instinct to close your eyes when someone kisses you. You knew that right? It took me a while to wake up from my shock and it was because I heard the door slammed shut that I came back to my senses and shoved her away from me. I was disgusted with the kiss."

 

“You still let her kiss you. How would I know if you responded or not? Do you think I would watch you two just to check if you return her kisses? How would you want me to believe you? How? You knew my trust issues very well.’

 

"I tried following you but Yeol came back and he told me you wouldn't listen that moment even if I begged you. So, I waited. I've been here for hours Gyu and it broke my heart listening to your sobs."

 

His eyes began to water more. He just couldn't listen to Woohyun and answer him when his thoughts were not in the right place. Because listening to him was making him want to open the door and throw himself at him and feel his comfort. But he shouldn't do that. He was hurting and no matter what Woohyun say, he couldn't find it in his heart to trust all those explanations. So, he started to stand-up again and walk; away from the person who still meant everything to him. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter