XL - Maybe… Just Maybe

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu was on a break from working before going to the pediatric floor to discharge some of his patients. He was chilling in his office holding an old Nicholas Sparks book that was left by one of the guardians of his patients. When he looked at the original published date, it was 2005. He was not really into a romance novel but the title, synopsis and its excerpt made him curious about the story. The owner of the book and his patient hadn't returned for a follow-up consult yet; so, he decided to read it to pass the time in between patients and he had been reading it for a few days already.

 

As Sunggyu read through the pages, he realized that it was not really all about love between a man and woman but also a parent and a child. He was nearing the end of the book and one line caught his attention.

 

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it." He read it loudly.

 

It didn't make sense at first but he kept on reading it over and over again until it did.

 

He thought of his past relationships. The thousands of emotions brought to him by his first love were never healed by the second one because if it is, Woohyun wouldn't have to deal with a broken person like him. He realized, he might have let go of what happened with his second love but he was never really fully healed by the first one. His ex-fiancé never helped him healed as well.

 

When Sunggyu contemplated about it more, he realized that he had never pushed himself to be fixed. He went on with his life trying to nurse all his injuries from the accident, but he never took a step to nurse his heart. The way he moved on was not the same with what he did when he let go of his ex-fiancé. He never went to any healing trips to regain what was lost inside him. No one was there to help him build his heart. It was only him and his family and Dongwoo. He just continued with his surgical residency after his injuries healed and after he was done with all his therapies. The feeling died down. He woke up one day and the hollow feeling wasn't there anymore. The love was gone but the pain it brought lingered. He hid those pains in his subconscious and deep in his heart and he never faced or deal with it.

 

Then he thought about Woohyun, the only person who was persistent and sane enough to make him unbroken. The only person who was helping him until this day. The only person who was suffering from the fragments of his painful pasts. He would always be grateful to him more than he could say and more than he could express. His willpower to heal was not only for himself but for Woohyun, his Nam Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu closed the book and return it inside the drawer. It was time for his rounds and after it, he's already free. He had no surgery scheduled for the day and he thought of visiting Woohyun at his office. His boyfriend had been busy these days. After that night at the playground a month ago, the younger's work started to pile up again. It would be their first-year anniversary on Sunday and he knew Woohyun would try to finish all his work today to spend his weekends with him free of anything.

 

*****

 

Ring... Ring... Ring....

 

Woohyun answered his phone that distracted him from his work.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hyun!"

 

"Hi Babe. You're not in the OR?" He looked at the time and it was almost 2:00pm. It was supposed to be Sunggyu's OR shift.

 

"No babe. No surgeries this afternoon. Can I drop by your office? I have nothing to do after my rounds."

 

"Are you sure? You might wait for too long. I know you hated waiting." He confirmed.

 

"Yes babe. I'll still go home to shower and change clothes. I might be there at around 3:30 or 4:00pm."

 

"Ok. I'll wait for you. I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

It was one of those infrequent moments that Sunggyu would want drop by at his office and wait for him. He did it once and that was months ago which in the end, his boyfriend complained how boring his office was. He reminisced that time, Sunggyu dozed off on his couch while waiting for him and when he woke him up the first words he said were, 'Hyun, your office is as boring as Myungie's. How could you work here?' That made him laugh so much because it was pretty hilarious coming from a doctor who has his own office. It was just that it was called a clinic and not office.

 

Woohyun shook his head and resumed working only to be interrupted again by another phone call.

 

"Hello."

 

"Woohyun hyung."

 

"Yes Myungie." He put him on speaker phone so he could continue with his work.

 

"You have to sign some billing documents with Hyuna today. It's needed for the materials. But, I couldn't come with you to meet her. I have a meeting later."

 

"Myung, I also couldn't leave the office I have too much work to finish."

 

"It's needed by the contactors by Monday hyung. I don't think you would want to meet Hyuna tomorrow if you would not meet her today. Can I just send her there to your office? You're safe there. You have your secretary with you and Sungyeol hyung is there." Myungsoo's suggestion was smart but Sunggyu will come in at any time.

 

"Myungie, your brother will be here later. I don't think that's a great idea. I never want them to meet."

 

"But hyung, you don't have any alternatives. Either you meet her today or tomorrow which also either way, you're with Gyu hyung."

 

Woohyun stopped working and feeling conflicted. This was one scenario he didn't want to happen. Having Sunggyu meet Hyuna was one thing and having Sunggyu misunderstood the meeting was another thing; worst, his secret will be exposed. But do I have any choices? Why was fate so cruel to me? He asked himself.

 

"Ok Myung. Send her here but please not later than 3:00pm. Sunggyu might be here at that time already."

 

"I'll send her now hyung. Call Sungyeol hyung. Don't let the catch you off-guard."

 

"I know Myungie. Thank you."

 

Woohyun's head started to pound and apprehension began to pick up. He felt something dreadful would happen; something he was scared of.

 

Sungyeol came in right away after his call.

 

"Hyung, are you alright?" His bestfriend asked worriedly.

 

"No. I have a feeling Yeol. This day will not end good. Sunggyu will be here later and I have to deal with Hyuna and her stunts. I know Jiyoon is outside but I need someone here with me while I review the billing statement that the needed me to sign. I hope when Sunggyu comes, she will be gone from here. I couldn't ask Jiyoon to hold Sunggyu outside waiting if ever Hyuna was still here. He would get suspicious."

 

To say he was not panicky, frustrated or nervous was a lie. Because he was and he was already fretting on his seat.

 

"Relax hyung, I'm here. Everything's will be fine. Do you need water?" He smiled a little with Sungyeol's care.

 

"Yes please. Thank you."

 

"I wish Dongwoo hyung is here so he can annoy her to death again and she will have no choice but to leave. I think that woman will surely extend her stay here and will wait for a chance to jump you." Sungyeol added while he walked to his mini fridge to get a bottle of water.

 

"Yeol, don't say things like that. It's not helping at all." His anxiety was spiking up more.

 

"Sorry. Close your eyes for now hyung and relax. I'll be here waiting with you."

 

Woohyun sighed and followed what his bestfriend said. He tried deep breathing to calm himself.

 

After a while Jiyoon called informing that Hyuna was already outside. He looked at Sungyeol and his bestfriend just nodded.

 

"Jiyoon-ssi, let her come in but don't close the door please."

 

"Yes Sajangnim."

 

The door opened and Jiyoon ushered Hyuna inside. As per his request, his secretary left the door open. He needed it to be opened than to be in the same room with Hyuna without any exit. He felt like a mouse that Hyuna will trap inside the box.

 

When Hyuna came in, he couldn't even believe what she was wearing. Her office skirt was too short and the top and blazer were so skimpy; so ty.  Woohyun heard Sungyeol muttered incoherent curse words before scoffing and snorting.

 

"Good afternoon Woohyun." She said with her flirty voice that want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter