XVI - Hide & Seek and Self-Denials

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Overtime, Sunggyu's and Woohyun's friendly relationship hit its solidity. They became too much of a good friend to each other that they both ignored the igniting feelings inside. It was a good thing that none of them wear their heart on their sleeves and was able to hide their emotions deep in the pit of their subconscious. The denial became part of their lives. It's as if when they were together or talking on the phone, it became their lifeline. Because not clinging on that denial would mean getting drowned in the ocean of confusions, admirations, affections and emotions. Sunggyu and Woohyun were both playing. It became a mutual, unspoken decision to play hide and seek; hide and seek of their feelings.

 

Their communication continued but hanging-out became scarce. Both had been working themselves to the point of exhaustion; and it's unintentionally. It's just the demand of their work, especially Woohyun who had to juggle every project on his plate. While Sunggyu had too many patients coming in for surgeries because it's summer time; there is an expected influx of patients. After that night when they met Sungyeol and Myungsoo, work never stopped. Even the promised story of their meetings became buried in tons of work, that neither Sungyeol nor Myungsoo opened the topic.

 

One day, Sungyeol had a window of opportunity to ask Woohyun about the story but, Woohyun kept mummed; saying he can get it from Sunggyu when he meets Myungsoo's parents. Woohyun couldn't find himself spilling the story to his bestfriend. Because no matter how much denial he has, no matter how his heart is completely hidden to people, Sungyeol will see through his words.

 

Sunggyu on the other hand knew how to compartmentalize his feelings and emotions. It's necessary for his work and it became handy in hiding his feelings. There were times that Sungjong noticed some changes and tried asking him but, he just brushed it off; telling Sungjong that he's only imagining things. However, the truth was, Sungjong would've been on the right track of questioning if he didn't cut the conversation before it started. His nurse is hawk-eyed observant and sensitive; maybe that’s the reason why he is good at his job.

 

The self-denial Sunggyu was doing sometimes eats him out. He tried not to space out and daydream because those things will give him out to those people who knew him well. When he says who knew him well, it means Dongwoo. He could hide something from Dongwoo but it won't take long for his bestfriend to realize that something's off. He'll be under the scrutinizing eyes of his bestfriend and, he didn't want to deal with that as of the moment; so, he made it to the point that whenever he talks or sees Dongwoo, he wouldn't falter on his words and he used his best defense, bracketing every feeling he has.

 

 

The time comes. Sungyeol has to meet Myungsoo's parents and Sunggyu needs to be there because he promised the both of them. It would be easy keeping his emotions hidden to the younger ones. Even Myungsoo is his brother, he can't really see through him; and telling the whole story won't be a problem.

 

Sunggyu arrived home for the family dinner with Sungyeol. His mother literally made a feast just to meet his younger brother's boyfriend. And just like what Myungsoo said, his parents jumped on Sungyeol the moment they walked in. When he said parents, it meant both of them. His father may be like Myungsoo in some aspects or in terms of affect but their old man is just like their mother who get excited even on some trivial things. Maybe their mother is contagious that she spread her personality to their father. Because as time went by, the two are becoming alike. However, their dad knew boundaries and not really a skinship addict to people other than his family and Dongwoo.

 

"Mom, stop hugging Sungyeol. You're squeezing him too tight." Sunggyu told his mother.

 

"Why? He's adorable and his eyes are pretty." Mrs. Kim retorted.

 

"Honey, contain yourself. Myungsoo is getting embarrassed already." Mr. Kim them looked at Sungyeol. "Your name is Sungyeol?"

 

"Yes Mr. Kim. Lee Sungyeol." Sungyeol said while bowing.

 

"Just call me uncle. So, you're the boyfriend of my youngest. Hurt him and I will gut you and feed your insides to dogs." Sunggyu and Myungsoo face-palmed themselves. They knew it was coming. It's the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter