Epilogue 2: Married Life

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Last Chapter :'( Gonna miss this fic though.

 

Four Months After

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu had been happily married for four months already. After their wedding party, they decided to live at Sunggyu's apartment because it was more convenient for both of them. It's a little halfway from both SNUH and Nam Corp.

 

Sunggyu tried balancing his job and his time with Woohyun. He spread out his OR schedules evenly so as not to render too much time in the hospital. It felt different at first since he cut-out some of his working hours twice a week but it gotten better as time went by. Every Wednesday and Friday, he was able to get home early and spend his time with his husband who also learned to go home on time unless his works necessitated him to extend.

 

Married life was full of surprises for Sunggyu. When he thought he already saw all the sweetest side of Woohyun, it turned out that the younger had so much more antics hidden under his sleeves. There was once a time that he got home to a candle-light dinner just because his husband feels like doing it. Another time, he went home at their apartment smelling like garden because of different flowers Woohyun bought as gift to celebrate their 2 years of being together. On top of that, there were countless times that he had breakfast on bed because his husband wanted to cook for him. And, for four months, he had been eating decent meals every evening.

 

But of course, their life wasn't faultless. He and Woohyun often got into disagreements about house cleaning. Certainly, Woohyun wasn't kidding when he said that he was lazy. He never saw him touch anything related to cleaning unless it was dishwashing soap and sponge. They always ended up bickering because his dear lazy husband often called his parents' house helper to clean the apartment twice a week no matter how much he told him that they could clean it on their own. His apartment was smaller than the penthouse and it was easier to clean but Woohyun was a stubborn brat. Just like what's happening at the moment.

 

"How hard was it to plug this vacuum into the socket and vacuum the floor? You could even use the cordless one. And how hard was it to operate the washing machine? You did it once. Why can't you do it again? We don't need help. Stop disturbing people just to clean for you." It was the nth time he scolded Woohyun after the house helper left the apartment.

 

"Babe, it's much faster than me learning everything that you wanted me to do here. And I'm not really fond of cleaning. You can make me cook and wash dishes but please spare me from cleaning the apartment." Woohyun who was sprawled on the couch complaining like a toddler.

 

"If I only knew this is how lazy you are, I wouldn't marry you." He muttered under his breath which his husband still heard.

 

"Yah Kim Sunggyu, stop telling that to me. I already heard that hundreds of times and I know you're lying."

 

Sunggyu huffed and walked to the closet to fold their clean laundry. The mountain of clothes he needed to fold and iron were making him want to throw everything on his husband's face because apparently, he wouldn't be of any help. Woohyun may be a mature and responsible man but he was still pampered as a child just like his brother thus, making him a brat at times. He breathed out a long sigh and started folding the clothes.

 

Not long enough, he heard footsteps approaching the walk-in closet. He didn't need to look because he knew why Woohyun came; and it was to apologize and sweet-talk him because he was annoyed.

 

He felt Woohyun's arms around his neck while he was busy doing his task.

 

"Babe..." He just ignored the younger and continued with what he was doing.

 

"You're sulking again. I know. I'm sorry."

 

"..."

 

"Gyu, stop ignoring your handsome husband who loves you so much." He scoffed.

 

"Tsk! Who said you're handsome? You can only be handsome if you help with all the chores here at home."

 

"But..."

 

Woohyun removed his arms around his neck and leaned at the closet island where he was folding the clothes

 

"I'm not telling you to clean everyday or fold clothes with me. Would it hurt for you to atleast learn how to do things? You’re 29 years old already for goodness sake!”

 

Sunggyu wouldn't mind if Woohyun was a lazy bum. All he wanted from him was an initiative to learn but the idiot tree's head was as hard as a rock and that was what pissed him more than being lazy.

 

"Ok." Sunggyu shut up his head and look at him in disbelief. It was the first time he heard him agreed with him.

 

"Teach me. I will do it. Just stop nagging. sulking and getting pissed at me. It's annoying as hell." His husband whined.

 

"You married a nagging and sulking me and now you're complaining."

 

In the end, he sent him away. It wasn't initiative to learn he was hearing from Woohyun but complaints about him.

 

"Woohyun, just go back out there in the living room, watch whatever you want or do whatever you want. Stop disturbing me useless jerk."

 

Sunggyu heard his husband's retreating footsteps and a loud shutting of bedroom door. It was one of those days that they couldn't stand each other. He annoyed the younger and he didn't care because he was madder than him. It was much better for them to cool down their heads.

 

Every once in a while, a day like that happened and no one would be putting away their pride to be the first to apologize early. It would always end up with a truce in the middle of the day until they forgot that they were fighting. However, before the night ends, they would always talk and settle everything and apologize to each other; though he knew, his husband's lazy wouldn't change a bit after every talk they had. But despite of all their bickerings and fights, he never regretted marrying Woohyun no matter how stubborn and lazy he was.

 

*****

 

Woohyun saw his husband leaning at the headboard with his specs reading a medical articles and publications. He knew Sunggyu would be attending conference for three days, starting Tuesday. He slowly approached him and squished himself between Sunggyu and the headboard; hugging his husband from the back with his chin on his right shoulder.

 

"Babe."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Sorry." He knew he annoyed Sunggyu again.

 

They might talk in the middle of the day but he knew his husband was still irritated at him.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I made you mad again because I was a lazy ." He heard him scoffed.

 

"It should be am not was. What else?"

 

"I complained about your nagging and sulking."

 

"And?"

 

"There's more?"

 

"Nam Woohyun!"

 

"Yeah I know. Sorry for calling our house helper again to clean. I won't do it again. I promise."

 

Woohyun knew that he needed to learn to take initiative in helping in house chores. He saw that Sunggyu was doing everything from vacuuming the floor, to cleaning the bathroom, doing the laundry and folding it and even ironing all their work clothes. And his husband was more exhausted from work than him. He knew he was indolent and he was used to having helpers, but he understood that he needed to learn or else, Sunggyu would do everything. His husband was so domesticated and he married a useless like him. The least he could do for him was to learn how to do things.

 

Sunggyu never complained unless on those times he called their house helper to clean their apartment. He tried to reason out but his husband always had a point. The apartment wasn't really that big as his penthouse and the two of them could do the cleaning on their own.

 

"I'm sorry too if I always nagged and scolded you and I called you useless jerk."

 

"It's fine babe. I don't really mind."

 

"Are you sure? The door earlier didn't say so."

 

"Sorry for slamming it loud. Not going to happen again. Promise."

 

"Ok. I love you."

 

"I love you too. But babe, when he moved in to our house, we need a helper. I tell you, even you couldn't clean it and you'd rather be lazy."

 

The house he was building for Sunggyu was definitely bigger than the Kims' or Nams' family house.

 

"Just how big is the house are we talking about?"

 

"You'll find out soon. Are you fine with it now?"

 

"It was also your dream so I guess, I'm ok with it. And thank you." Sunggyu gave him a kiss on his cheek.

 

 

 

Another day ended and even their weekends were uneventful, Woohyun and Sunggyu were happy just to spend time with each other as a married couple. They have so much to learn from each other and more aspects of marriage that they need to explore. However, for them, as long as they were together, they knew their married life would always be colorful.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter