XXIX - Meet The Nams

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Weeks passed, Sunggyu and Woohyun's relationship continued to develop into a beautiful one. It surprised Woohyun how sweet and clingy Sunggyu was when they were alone. It made him wonder how could someone say that it's suffocating because if it's his choice, he wanted that affection from Sunggyu everyday. But sadly, their date night and alone time are on weekends only. Their workdays were allotted to their jobs. On those times they couldn’t meet, Woohyun made sure to fulfill his promise to Sunggyu to tell him all his whereabouts were may it be client meetings or eating out with Sungyeol.

 

*****

 

It was another workday and a phone call disturbed him with what he's doing. He looked at his phone and it was his mother.

 

"Yes eomma?"

 

"Woohyunnie, I wan't to meet your boyfriend." This was the 5th time his mother requested for her to meet Sunggyu but everytime he asked him, he would refuse saying he's not yet ready.

 

"I'll ask him again eomma. He's really busy these days, his trip is next week already. He was finishing all the surgeries he scheduled until next week. He would be out for 2 weeks."

 

"Tell him to meet us before he goes. We'll just eat out. Then next time you can bring him home so I can cook for him."

 

"Ok eomma, I'll try my best to ask him." He knew Sunggyu will refuse but he would still try for the sake of his excited mother.

 

"Thank you, baby. Go back to work now. I love you.

 

"I love you too eomma."

 

After he ended the call, he checked the time, 11:00am. It was still early to go for lunch. He looked at his desk and look for the copy of his schedule for the day; he didn't have much to do for the day. The departments were still not submitting their August month-end report which was already due that day. He decided to visit Sunggyu and maybe they could eat lunch together. He grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out of his office.

 

"Jiyoon-ssi, I'll be taking an early lunch. Monthly reports are due today, please remind the GM to submit before the end of the day. I'll be back at 1:30pm." He informed his secretary.

 

"Yes. Sajangnim."

 

 

Sunggyu's Tuesday was tiring. After his back-to-back surgery in the morning, his clinic was flooded with patients. That always happened whenever he's taking a leave of absence. He was trying to finish everything and refer everyone he could to other pediatric surgeons in their hospital. He had patients who chose to wait for his return but he still gave them a referral letter just in case they needed it for emergency.

 

It's already 11:30 and in a span on one hour and a half, he already catered 12 patients. The next one will be after lunch thus, he rested for a bit waiting for Woohyun. He received a call from him that he's on his way to his clinic so they can eat lunch together. There were days that Woohyun take an early lunch when his schedule allows to and this would be the fourth time they would eat out for lunch. His boyfriend's travel time to his clinic on normal times would take 30 minutes but if during lunch time or rush hour, it would usually take more than an hour. He heard soft knocks on his door and Sungjong opened it since he locked it after their last morning patient.

 

"Woohyun hyung, you're here. Lunch out with boss?"

 

"Yes. Is he inside?"

 

"Yup. Go in." The door of his private consultation office cubicle opened.

 

"Hi babe. Ready to go?" Woohyun gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

 

"Yup. Just get me my lab coat please." He couldn’t go out without the lab coat. It's hospital policy.

 

They left his cubicle and found Sungjong fixing his things as well. "Jjongie, close the clinic. I'll be back at 1:00pm.

 

"Yes hyung." They continued on their way-out hand in hand. And since it wasn't the usual scene in the clinic building, some staffs who knew him started staring at the two of them.

 

"Dr. Kim, is he the one who's giving you flowers secretly before?" The receptionist who delivered flower once asked.

 

"Yes. Jieun-ssi. This is the idiot who gave those." Woohyun bowed and elbowed him.

 

"How did you find out it was him? And where did you find a handsome boyfriend like him doc. Tell me, I'm going there." The receptionist said playfully.

 

"He's my friend who happens to be so greasy that was why he pulled those stunts. And, go to any parking lot, that was where I found this idiot." They waved goodbye and strolled towards the car.

 

"Babe, stop calling me idiot, they might believe it." Woohyun whined.

 

"You are one though." He laughed and Woohyun pouted.

 

When they reached the car, Woohyun opened and closed the door for him before going to the other side.

 

"Nam Woohyun, I'm not a girl. Stop opening the door for me." He scolded his boyfriend and he couldn't count how many times he repeated it.

 

"Then stop calling me idiot and I'll stop opening the door for you." He looked at the smirking man beside him.

 

"No. I'll still call you one."

 

"Then I won't stop being a gentleman on you. So, where do you want to eat?"

 

"Anywhere near here. I need to come back on time."

 

"Do you want to eat where you met your ex mother-in-law? It's near here." The place was only 15 minutes away from the hospital.

 

"It's fine." He shrugged.

 

******

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu arrived a little bit faster than 15 minutes. They sat at the same spot where Sunggyu and his ex-mother-in-law were before and they ordered right after they sat down.

 

"It's funny sitting at this spot again. The last time I sat here, I wanted to run away." Sunggyu said.

 

"That day, you gave us entertainment babe." Woohyun recalled how everyone in the place looked at the said table because of shouting.

 

"It was embarrassing. They kept on shouting my name."

 

Woohyun laughed when he saw his boyfriend grimaced while telling him. "I didn't hear your name though. Anyway, babe, my mother was asking again. Are you ready to meet them before you go on vacation next week?"

 

“…”

 

"It's fine babe. We'll do it when you're ready. I'll just tell my mother that you're busy and I know you..." Sunggyu cut whatever he's going to say.

 

"I'll meet them. It's fine. Don't worry."

 

"Are you sure? Are you ready?"

 

"Your mother already asked 5x. If I refused again, I might disappoint her again so it's fine with me." With all honesty, he didn't know the reason why his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter