XLIV - You Made Him Cry Everyday

Parking Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Giving some spotlight to the friends.

 

It's another Friday and it marked the 13th day since Woohyun became unconscious. The doctors kept on monitoring him because he was already stable but it seemed like Woohyun didn't want to wake up. All his tests were normal already. His brain activity was still good on the latest EEG. But he still remained sleeping.

 

Just like any other days that passed, Sunggyu stayed with Woohyun on his lunch break. It was only him and Woohyun in the room. Woohyun’s brother left when he came in because of work.

 

He was holding Woohyun’s hand and sobbing again silently when a hand tapped his shoulders. It was Dongwoo.

 

Sunggyu wiped his tears and greeted his bestfriend.

 

"Woo, you're here."

 

"Why are you crying again? How's Woohyun?" Dongwoo touched Woohyun's head and ruffled his hair.

 

"Still the same. The doctor said everything in his brain is good and normal, the brain swelling was long gone but they have no idea why he wouldn't wake up. There are cases like this Woo and all we have to do is wait for him to be ready to open his eyes. But I’m still worried, there would be still be complications if he wouldn’t wake up right away. There was still a risk of him dying Woo if this continued.”

 

"How about you? Are you ok? Have you been eating Gyu? You looked emaciated."

 

"I'm fine. I just don't have appetite most of the times but I eat."

 

The truth was, he could barely eat a meal. Since two weeks ago, he couldn't feel hunger. However, he still tried to put something inside his stomach because he couldn't afford to collapse in the middle of surgery.

 

"Gyu, please take care of yourself. We don't want you to get sick. Woohyun would get mad at you if he knew."

 

"Then, let him be mad at me Woo. I'd rather have him get mad at me now than quiet like this. I'd rather him scold me for not taking care of myself because that meant he's talking and awake. I'd rather him shout at me for neglecting my health because it will mean he cared."

 

Dongwoo engulfed him in a hug to comfort him. "He cares for you Gyu. He loves you. He will wake up."

 

"When? If he cares for me why does it feels like he doesn't want to wake up because of me. If he cares, why wouldn't his hands move and wipe away my tears? If he loves me Woo, why is he doing this to me? Everyday I'm scared while I'm working, that when I get back here he'll be gone. Everyday, I tried to be strong but I'm afraid that at the end of the day, I won't see him anymore. I fear that one day I would open the door and he left me already. Woo, I'm scared to lose Woohyun." He cried loudly on Dongwoo's shoulders and Dongwoo who was facing Woohyun noticed that the younger was crying in his deep slumber.

 

"Gyu, Woohyun could hear everything you said. He was hurting too. Look at his eyes."

 

Sunggyu turned his gaze to Woohyun. He saw his tear-stained face. This was the second time he saw him cry while unsconscious. Other times he was crying silently beside him, Woohyun never gave him any reactions.

 

He stood-up and leaned his head towards Woohyun's ears. "I'm sorry you heard me cry again. I miss you. Please wake up. I don’t know how long could I still hold on Hyun. Please wake up."

 

Meanwhile, Dongwoo who was looking at Sunggyu couldn't help but feel Sunggyu's pain. His bestfriend never left the hospital for 2 weeks because he didn't want to leave Woohyun. It broke his heart that Sunggyu was suffering and yet all he could do was to be at the sideline and let him do what he wanted because if Woohyun was stubborn, so as Sunggyu.

 

Dongwoo knew how Sunggyu felt about waiting because he experienced it when Sunggyu was the one lying on the bed unconscious. He also knew Sunggyu was still blaming himself for what happened to Woohyun and he would continue to do so until Woohyun could talk some senses to him. With Sunggyu's current state, he would only listen to Woohyun. Hence, he was always silently praying that one day they would visit him and he was already talking and alive; because, he would only be the one who could get through his bestfriend's mind right now. Sunggyu wouldn’t listen to anyone but Woohyun.

 

As much as he wanted to deny that things could've been different if only his bestfriend called Woohyun back rather than letting him walk away after saying they would talk, he couldn't. Because everyone knew, Woohyun wouldn't be lying on a hospital bed if only Sunggyu heeded on all his advices to not let all his self-doubts and trust issues overpower him and if he only listened to his own heart. However, no one was blaming Sunggyu. No one had a heart to blame Sunggyu who was slowly getting weaker in front of them. No one could ever blame him because all of them might be suffering but none of them could do what Sunggyu was doing for Woohyun now. They could only visit Woohyun, pray for him and wait for him to wake up. It was Sunggyu who was doing everything to bring him back. It was his bestfriend who had to split himself in half in order to take care of Woohyun and at the same time, not neglect his job. It was Sunggyu who spend his nights sleepless at Woohyun's bedside watching him sleeping because he was afraid that if he sleeps, Woohyun would be gone when he woke up. And it was Sunggyu who brought back Woohyun alive when the younger crashed and kept on dying during the time he was coding in the ICU. So, no one would and could ever blame Sunggyu. Because if they were hurting and suffering, it was Sunggyu who was slowly dying. It wasn't only Woohyun who needed care; Sunggyu as well. And their hearts were breaking seeing his bestfriend’s current condition.

 

"Woo, I need to go to the clinic. Sungyeol is already on his way here. Are you leaving too?"

 

"No. I'm staying here. Hoya would be here later.”

 

"Thank you."

 

"Come on, I'll walk you to your clinic."

 

 

By the elevator, they met Sungyeol who took a half day at work to stay with Woohyun.

 

"Yeol, you're fast. You just called me 15minutes ago. One nurse is with him now."

 

"I left before lunch time actually. I just ate before coming here. Myung took a half day too. He'll be here later. And we couldn’t leave hyung alone like your uncle said so, I left the office earlier. Are you going back to the clinic hyung?"

 

"Yes. I'll be back in an hour. I have no surgery scheduled in the afternoon. I'll get going and please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter