Phone calls

What is love?

The night before the dance group left, Jeongyeon went to the three sisters' home. She knew Nayeon was in the house, unlike Jihyo and Dahyun, who were busy: Jihyo was working at the company and the other was with Sana. She knew it wasn't going to be an empty trip, because Nayeon was there and that was enough to her.

When the girl opened the door she looked at the bodyguard in surprise 'hey, what are you doing here at this hour? It's almost midnight and you have to work tomorrow; my sisters are influencing you negatively, you all work too hard'

'I just wanted to say hello' Jeongyeon closed the door and looked at her in the face 'even though, honestly speaking, I don't want to part with you for all that time'

'I'll be away for two weeks, maximum three, they will pass quickly and when I return you will regret the tranquility given by my absence' she smiled amused.

Jeongyeon sighed and hugged her tightly, her hair 'I want to go with you. I get anxious when I can't protect you'

'Don't talk about it, Dahyun and Jihyo need you more than me. I'll be safe' Nayeon kissed her shoulder before placing her forehead on it 'wait for me here, I promise I'll be back in one piece'

They looked into each other's eyes, talking through them and making silent promises. Jeongyeon reached down slightly to kiss the girl she was still holding in her arms.

Nayeon immediately kissed her back, digging her fingers into the tallest's hair and whispering her name. She took off her suit jacket, dropping it to the floor 'I hope you're not in a hurry to get home'

The bodyguard gently bit her lip 'I'm never in a hurry when it comes to you'

'Then come with me' she took her tie, pulling it lightly to be followed to her bedroom, to kiss her again and with more passion.

They ended up on the bed, between a tangle of legs and arms 'what are we now?' Jeongyeon asked as she watched Nayeon her shirt.

'I don't know, the only thing I know is that I'm yours'

Those words caused Jeongyeon's brain to shut down and all she could think of was Nayeon, her Nayeon. She kissed her again, harder, and what happened after was surely the beginning of something.

 

 

 

The day of departure had arrived and the five girls who were ready to leave had gathered at Chaeyoung's house to greet the others. The shortest girl was sad to let her future wife go, Dahyun looked glued to Sana and Jeongyeon had a funeral face.

'Cheer up, they'll be back soon' said Jihyo, who was busy pampering Tzuyu 'let them enjoy this experience'

'My older sister is the best' Tzuyu announced with a satisfied face 'but I hope you'll miss me at least a little'

'I will miss you all and when you come back, we will spend all the time together' she her hair gently. 

'Time to go, the taxi will be here in two minutes' Mina was looking at her wristwatch 'it's time to say goodbye, but we'll be back soon, so I don't want to see these long faces' she kissed her girlfriend on the lips 'I love you'

Chaeyoung smiled like a little girl 'I love you too, I will miss you so much'

'Keep away all the people who want to hit on you or when I come back I will tear them all apart' Sana had a serious look, but smiled as soon as Dahyun kissed her lips, telling her that she saw no one else but her and that she would wait anxiously her return.

Nayeon smiled at that scene and hugged the both of them 'we will try to take the trophy with us' she also hugged Jihyo and Chaeyoung, before approaching Jeongyeon.

'If you're not too tired call me tonight, okay? Try to have fun and not tire yourself out' she spoke to her in a detached way, but Nayeon knew she was hiding behind a mask and hugged her.

They remained like this for quite a while, as did the other two couples, while Tzuyu had gone to the entrance to check again that she had packed everything she needed.

Momo walked over to Jihyo 'will you still be here when I get back?'

'Of course, my family and my work are here, I can't leave. Anyway good luck, we will cheer for you' she smiled at her.

She clearly didn't understand what the brunette meant with that question and the latter decided not to say anything about it 'I already feel charged, thanks to you' she smiled at her before hugging her.

After the moment of surprise Jihyo returned the hug, enjoying that contact.

'The taxi has arrived! Even if it looks more like a limousine, thank you Chae, you're the best' Tzuyu announced, hastening to greet all those who would remain in Korea.

Jeongyeon lent a hand with the suitcases so as not to tire any of them and then, after another round of greetings and hugs, they let them go.

'My life has no meaning without Mina' said Chaeyoung with a low tone.

'I understand you, I think I'm going to cry' Dahyun replied, in the same tone.

Jeongyeon cracked her fingers 'I hope there is some idiot who wants to turn against me today, I need to entertain myself'

'I better go to work' Jihyo looked at them like they were crazy and hurried to go to the agency, where Suji was waiting for her in her and Nayeon's office.

 

 

 

It was now evening and Jeongyeon was sitting on Dahyun's couch, waiting for Dahyun to finish showering. She missed Nayeon and it bothered her a lot. 

She decided to act as tough as she was, but as soon as her cell phone vibrated, signaling the arrival of a video call, she answered immediately.

'You were very fast' Nayeon giggled, lying on her stomach on the bed in the hotel where she was staying with the others 'do you miss me that much? I feel honoured'

'Absolutely not, I was just bored as it takes your sister forever to take a shower' she looked serious, but she was really happy to be able to see her girlfriend, even just through the screen.

Tzuyu threw herself next to Nayeon and smiled 'hello Jeongyeon, are you tired? You have a tired face' 

'You two are in the same room, right?' Jeongyeon immediately asked 'Tzuyu, I ask you to keep Momo away from my girlfriend, I trust you'

'Momo has a single room, she said she wanted to have fun here in Japan too' the younger replied calmly, ignoring the fact that Jihyo had heard everything and that it could hurt her.

Jihyo stopped walking towards the couch and went back to her room without making a sound; she wanted to cry her eyes out.

'This makes things easier, thank you very much for this information. I owe you a favor' Jeongyeon seemed relaxed. 

Nayeon chuckled 'are you done talking about things about me while you pretend I'm not there? I want to talk too' 

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu looked at her at the same time, urging her to say something.

'I wanted to thank you for tonight' Nayeon's cheeks reddened at the thought 'I really enjoyed it'

'Okay, I'm going to see what Sana and Mina are doing' Tzuyu looked at them in shock before getting out of bed and leaving the room at the speed of light. 

Jeongyeon had a smirk on her face 'is there more you want to tell me? We're finally alone'

'Don't brag too much about what I said, I did my part too if I'm not wrong' she was giggling again 'you are a bodyguard too full of yourself'

'You didn't seem to mind having this bodyguard full of herself on you tonight, am I wrong?'

The other girl didn't know what to answer and she just pouted 'you're bad, I called you because I miss you and you only think about your ego'

'To tell the truth, all I do is think about you'

'So you're not going to run away from me after what I told you the night we spent at Chae's?' Nayeon asked that question with extreme caution, afraid of the answer. 

There were a few moments of silence, but then Jeongyeon spoke 'I'm not going anywhere Nay'

Nayeon smiled and so did Jeongyeon 'then wait for me, I want to be your girlfriend'

 

 

 

 

Although it had been hours since Jeongyeon's video call with her sister and Tzuyu, Jihyo couldn't stop thinking about the latter's words and imagining Momo with other girls. Momo wanted to have fun, it was nothing new, but she felt her heart breaking more and more every minute.

There were two empty beer bottles next to her and one half full in her hands and she already felt out of this world. After her sadness came anger and jealousy and she, thanks to the alcohol, felt braver than ever.

She picked up her cell phone and searched for the brunette's number, pressing the call button as soon as she found it. It rang a few times, but Momo sleepily answered 'hello? Who's talking?' she still had her eyes closed and didn't look at the name on the screen. 

'I'm the fool who does nothing but hope to get close to you and who you keep away with all your strength' said Jihyo with irony 'and the funny part of this story is that you have no problem keeping the other girls close to your body'

'Jihyo?' she checked that it was actually her and also saw the time 'it's two in the morning, what are you doing awake at this hour?'

A fake laugh reached the brunette's ears 'I'm making a fool of myself as usual, haven't you figured it out yet?'

Momo sighed and sat up, hugging the pillow with her free arm 'you're drunk, aren't you?'

'Correct, you deserve an award. Just choose one'

'Stop drinking and go to sleep, it's very late and you have to work on all the projects you have in progress'

Jihyo took another sip of beer 'what would you do if I were there with you?' she bit her lip 'well.. Would you like to have fun with me too or do you just want strangers? I really want to know'

'I beg you, go to sleep, none of us want to have this conversation' Momo wanted to slap herself because of the desire she was feeling for Jihyo. When it came to her, her brain would shut down completely and this had scared her for months.

'I give up Momo, I can't chase you anymore. You don't want me in your life, I understood that' her tone of voice was back to normal, but it was interrupted by her sobs 'why does love have to hurt so much? Why don't you want to be with me?' 

Hearing her cry brought Momo's tears down, silently 'it's because I'm a coward and I don't deserve your love. I'm so sorry, if I had known this thing between us was going to go this way I wouldn't have approached you. Forgive me' she closed the call, allowing herself to cry.

She wanted to have her around more than anything else, more than she wanted to perform on television. Her passion for dance was no match for the love she had for Jihyo. The bad example of her parents had led her to believe that love didn't exist at all and that everything had an end, but when she looked at Jihyo all those fears vanished in the wind and there was nothing but her. That night Momo made a decision.