8

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Too scary! He's too scary." 

 

"Didn't I tell you so? 

 

"Who is?" Minhyun cleaned his hands and looked at Seungwoo who was with Daniel during break time. 

 

"Oh, pres. There you are." 

 

"Minhyun."

 

Minhyun bowed a little and tilted his head. "Who were you two talking about?" 

 

"Dongho," Seungwoo replied Minhyun who became confused and Daniel yelped. 

 

"Are you sure it's okay to tell him?" 

 

"Yeah. I did ask you to get close to Dongho to see his reaction after all." 

 

"What are you plotting now, Seungwoo?" Minhyun sighed and Seungwoo shrugged. 

 

"I'm not plotting anything. I just want to see which one of the two twins fit you more. Then you don't have to stress between choosing them," Seungwoo replied. Minhyun gasped and frowned. 

 

"You don't have to do that. I'll... I'll figure something out myself!" Minhyun squeaked and stormed away. 

 

"Man, he doesn't even realise that he's never going to be able to choose, is he?" Seungwoo sighed and dried his hands. Daniel chuckled and slung an arm over Seungwoo's shoulder. 

 

"Surely he will be able to. Why are you so worried anyways?" 

 

Seungwoo turned slight red and he cleared his throat. "Cause he's my friend and I don't want to see him get hurt." 

 

"What a nice friend you are." 

 

"Don't tease me. Get off." 

 

"Aww, come on."

 

Minhyun grumbled as he made his way to the cafeteria to get something to munch on. At least they got through the event smoothly without any huge problems occurring. Minhyun sighed and stepped in line before someone came crashing up behind him. Minhyun jolted when he found Dongho and Baekho both there instead. He laughed a little and raised a brow at them. 

 

"What are you two doing?" 

 

"Nothing," Dongho said and nudged Baekho who went behind him with a frown. "Just getting lunch too. What are you getting today, Minhyun?" 

 

"Hmm... I'm thinking maybe just fried rice." 

 

"Cool. How was the event?" 

 

"It was better than I could hoped for. But I hate how we have to go back to class with so much sweat," Minhyun grumbled. 

 

"You can shower at the changing room," Baekho muttered and Minhyun shook his head. 

 

"No way. I'll just wipe myself down later," Minhyun replied, not wanting to go in school. He looked at the twins and found his mind spin a little, filled with thoughts and guilt. How was he supposed to give them an answer? But at least they were talking to him like normal so he should be thankful for that, right? 

 

"Minhyun, it's your turn," Dongho reminded the president who had blanked out while staring at his childhood friends. Minhyun flinched and hurried to the front of the line, feeling his heart race a little. He paid for his food and gave his cheek light slaps to wake himself up. 

 

"Lets si-"

 

"Dongho, sit with us!" A male senior waved to Dongho after the other had gotten his food. Dongho stiffened as he turned to Minhyun. He was about to reject politely when Minhyun nudged him.

 

"You should join them. Bumzu sunbae only has one year left with us," Minhyun said and Dongho pursed his lips. Baekho, on the other hand, was suddenly pulled away by someone whilst the student president wasn't looking and he just found out that he was all alone again. Minhyun sighed and rubbed his neck. At least this will give him some time to think. He went to the staircase leading to the roof and sat there alone since he didn't want to go to the student council room and feel even more alone with the four walls around him. Minhyun poked at his food and didn't feel like eating. He thought he would be able to spend lunch with them but guessed they both had their own groups outside of his small circle. Minhyun wondered if he should make more friends of his own but studies and student council work took up a lot of his time. He barely even had time to attend club activities himself too.

 

"Let go of me," Baekho hissed and snagged his arm back from the person who had dragged him almost around the entire school to find a quiet spot.

 

"Don't be like that, Baekho. I really need your help," Minki pleaded him and pressed both his hands together.

 

"What do you want? You made me lose my chance to have lunch with Minhyun again!" Baekho growled.

 

"I'm sorry. But I need you to help me decide. Two students suddenly invited me out and I don't know who to pick!"

 

"What? Just go with whoever you like more," Baekho replied with a click of his tongue.

 

"The thing is... I don't know either of them that well," Minki chuckled and Baekho became more irritated.

 

"Then just reject both of them!"

 

"But wouldn't that be rude. They seem so sincere and they were both really nice."

 

Baekho was about to say more but stopped. He blinked and gasped softly, putting two and two together. Is that why Minhyun couldn't reject either of them? Baekho and Dongho both always tried their best to be nice to him after all.

 

"Well, Baekho?"

 

"I... I don't know. Its your own choice." 

 

"Hmmm... Ah. Maybe I should bring both of them out and see who is better at taking care of me then," Minki chuckled and Baekho couldn't believe Minki but then again, he wasn't even sure why they were friends or if they can even be considered that. "Oh, I know. How about this?" 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Why don't you say you're my boyfriend and see how their reactions are like?"

 

"Hah?" 

 

Thud. 

 

Baekho turned around and gasped when he saw Minhyun there. When did he appear at the staircase?? Minhyun gasped and hurriedly pick up the stuff he dropped before rushing off. 

 

"Minhyun, wait," Baekho gasped, knowing how this seemed like but Minhyun didn't slow down at all. His long legs ran all the way away from Baekho and the athelete didn't pursue him too far as Minki had also called out to him. "Enough already. I'm not going to say something like that. Figure it out yourself." 

 

Baekho rushed to find Minhyun but couldn't find the student council president anywhere. Where did that tall man go? He bumped into his brother instead who looked at him questioningly. 

 

"I'm looking for Minhyun. Have you seen him?" 

 

"No, I was with Bumzu hyung and the others. Why?" 

 

"Tch. Nothing. If you see him, catch him." 

 

"Eh?" Baekho dashed off again before Dongho could stop him. The bell rang and Dongho tilted his head. Minhyun should be in class, right? 

 

And he was. 

 

Except he didn't dare look at Baekho either and the other couldn't find a chance to talk to him as their lessons started. Baekho groaned and can't believe he had such a mess up either. He was going to reject Minki anyways but he should have done it faster. How was he supposed to know Minhyun was there too? What if Minhyun thinks he's dating Minki? That's the worst. 

 

After school ended and the bell rang, Baekho hurriedly turned around but Minhyun stood up in a rush, turning away as he grabbed all his stuff and shoved them into his bag. 

 

"Minhyun, please." 

 

"Ahh! Dongho!" 

 

"Yes, Minhyun?" 

 

"L-lets go home." 

 

"Ah... But Baek-" 

 

"Now, please?" 

 

Dongho was confused and felt sorry for his twin who seemed hurt by Minhyun's actions but he packed up and left with Minhyun. They walked silently albeit the fast pace Minhyun's long legs were bringing him until Dongho had to jog slightly to catch up. 

 

"Minhyun, slow down. What's going on? Did Baekho do something to you?" 

 

"No, he didn't," Minhyun replied with a sharp tone. Dongho was surprised to hear it but knew it had to do with his brother. 

 

"Okay. Then at least tell me what's going on. Weren't we all back on good terms?" Dongho asked and Minhyun forced himself to stop. He groaned and let out a small scream as he messed up his air, taking Dongho by surprise. "Minhyun?"

 

"Lets...talk at my place."

 

"Okay."

 

Minhyun was silent the entire walk, even when he motioned Dongho to come in and shut the door. It hadn't been that long since Dongho came over but every time he did, it always felt like centuries since Minhyun barely invited them in. It was always his parents and Minhyun's excuse was that he didn't want anyone disturbing his room. Dongho waited for Minhyun to settle on the couch. 

 

"Want me to get you water?" Dongho asked and Minhyun shook his head, pulling out his bottle from his bag instead. "Oh." 

 

Dongho sat down and waited until Minhyun calmed down enough but the student president sat up abruptly, cheeks pink. "Crap. This totally makes it look like I'm jealous!" 

 

"Huh? Jealous of Baekho?" 

 

"N-no. I overheard Minki asking Baekho to say that he's his boyfriend or something along those lines." 

 

"And you bolted?" 

 

Minhyun nodded sheepishly and put his bottle away before he crushed it. He hugged a pillow instead even though he hadn't taken a shower yet. Dongho guessed he must've been really affected by it and there it was. That dark ugly twinge. 

 

"Ah... I'm jealous," Dongho said honestly. Minhyun gasped softly. 

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"It's okay. It's just that you probably like Baekho more, right?" 

 

"Why do you and Baekho both say that?" Minhyun tilted his head. 

 

"Say that you like him more?" 

 

"No. Ugh... He thinks I like you more," he groaned. 

 

"Well... You're acting like this because of him and... You also talked to Daniel about him and you've been spending more time with him recently. Not to mention, even though I invited you out first, you were happy that he was there too," Dongho said softly. Minhyun sighed and didn't know what to say for himself. "You know, if it weren't for us being childhood friends, I'm pretty sure you would have rejected us within a blink of an eye. You're usually more assertive than this." 

 

Minhyun blinked and guessed he was. He didn't really dwell too much on things and made a decision quickly except this time. "Ah... I'm sorry for being insensitive to your feelings but I'm jealous of you too."

 

"Huh?"

 

"You speak your mind out so freely... And honestly all the time. Even when you asked me out..." 

 

Dongho blushed a little and he chuckled. "That's cause I really do like you and I want you to know that. I don't see the point beating around the bush. Truth be told, even if you don't end up with me, I would prefer if you chose Baekho over someone else." 

 

Minhyun was stunned for a moment but he smiled after that and covered his face with the pillow. "I give up." 

 

Dongho laughed and got up from where he sat. "Give up what?" 

 

"Deciding between you two. I mean, you're both my friends and you're twins. I don't want to hurt either of you and I don't want the other to be sad if I were to make a decision," Minhyun mumbled behind the pillow. Dongho squatted beside him and leaned his head on the couch, watching the other silently. 

 

"Would it have been better if we weren't twins?" 

 

"Maybe. I don't know. I want to just.... Well, no I don't want to forget it but..." 

 

Dongho lifted himself up slightly and pulled the pillow from Minhyun's face. Minhyun jumped when he saw Dongho hovering over him. "Then just follow your heart. Who do you want to be with more?" 

 

Minhyun stared into the hazel eyes that Baekho had as well. Those round pinchable cheeks. Those soft plump lips. Those bushy brows. There was close to no difference in their facial features yet seeing Dongho up close, he felt the same feeling in his chest as when Baekho had helped him up with a hand on his waist. It made his cheeks turn red just thinking about it. Dongho leaned closer but didn't close the distance when he was just inches from Minhyun's face. 

 

"I'm not as nice as Baekho is. I don't want to give you up to anyone, not even to him, if I had to be honest...."