30

Kang, Hwang, Kang

The whistle was blown and the athletes started jogging around the field to warm up. It was a training camp and Baekho had attended it so he hadn't met Minhyun the following week. Instead he was out here at the field, working on his stamina and speed.

 

"Nice hair color," Daniel said as they jogged side by side.

 

"Thanks." Baekho smiled and revelled in the feeling of the wind in his face.

 

"You seem brighter or at least you don't feel as tense as before. Something good happened?"

 

"Not really but feels like things are slowly changing for the better," Baekho replied Daniel who chuckled.

 

"That's good. Still thinking about quitting soccer?"

 

"Yep. I really appreciate you going out of your way to get me the recommendation letter but I think soccer should stay as a hobby. Its my stress reliever and honestly I don't see myself doing it in the future."

 

"Well, if you ever need a backup plan though, you know where to fall to." 

 

Baekho nodded and let out a sigh, speeding up. Daniel chuckled and chased after him. 

 

+

 

"-should focus on your exams." 

 

Minhyun tapped his pencil on the table as he tried to figure out how to answer a Maths question. He didn't always had a problem answering but today he was a little unsettled because Dongho's hair kept distracting him as he found himself glancing over to the locks of dark blue again. He was shocked when he saw the other exit the house and his brain couldn't process for a moment if he was seeing things. It was as if Baekho had walked out but dressed properly but at the same time, he knew by heart that it was Dongho. 

 

"Just a slight image change," was the answer he got. He had asked about Baekho to which Dongho answered simply with, "You'll see when you see him. I think he chose a lovely color." 

 

The distraction wasn't that he had a new hair color but rather Minhyun found it hot. He bit his lower lip and put his pencil down. Recently he realised he couldn't stop thinking about the twins in a different light and it was really disturbing since he found it hard to even look them in the eyes. A giggle made him turn as he found Dongho and Jonghyun joking with each other about something. He pouted and looked down at his maths homework, trying to figure it out again but was promptly distracted by a hand on his arm. 

 

"Minhyun, listen to this," Dongho said. Minhyun turned to their direction again and the moment his eyes met that of Jonghyun and Dongho's smiling ones, his frown unconsciously deepened a little. "So Jonghyun was sayi-" 

 

Jonghyun's hand was on Dongho's arm. 

 

"Minhyun, are you listening?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"You looked like you were blanking out." 

 

"He must be missing Baekho," Jonghyun chuckled and his hand moved to Dongho's shoulder. Minhyun grabbed Dongho's arm and pulled him a little. The twin squeaked and almost fell off his chair. It backfired as Jonghyun gasped and grabbed Dongho so he wouldn't fall. 

 

"Stop touching him," Minhyun blurted out and Jonghyun let go as Dongho managed to balance himself again. 

 

"Minhyun?" Dongho whispered and Minhyun let go of him. "What's wrong?" 

 

"Nothing!" he gasped and hugged his arms. He didn't know why he reacted that way. For a moment, he just didn't want Jonghyun to touch Dongho. He stood up and breathed in. "I uh... I'm going to go to the bathroom." 

 

"Okay? Need me to come with?" Dongho asked and Minhyun blushed. 

 

"No!" He dashed off and Jonghyun chuckled. 

 

"What's that all about?" 

 

"I don't know? Minhyun has never reacted like that before."

 

Jonghyun raised his brow and smirked. "Mr student council president might have finally started to realise he does like you a lot more than he knows." 

 

"Do you think so?" 

 

"Want to put it to the test?" 

 

"That'll just be mean. I don't want to do anything that will jeopardise my current relationship." 

 

Jonghyun shrugged and leaned against his seat. "Alright, alright. But don't blame for acting all chummy with you."

 

"Just don't make Minhyun break up with me," Dongho scoffed. "I'll cry." 

 

Jonghyun laughed and nodded. "I won't, I won't." 

 

-

 

Minhyun finished his homework for the night and picked up his phone. He laid on his bed and decided to text Baekho. 

 

'How's training camp?' 

 

He put his phone aside and let out a sigh, staring at his ceiling. His phone buzzed and he brought it up in an instant again. He raised his brow when he saw an image and downloaded it. His cheeks became beet red as he shot up and yelped, dropping his phone onto the bed as if it just gave him a shock. Another ping came in and he breathed in deeply before picking it up. 

 

'I'm so sorry about that. Daniel took my phone and took that picture.'

 

Of Baekho's back. His hair was covered by a towel but Minhyun could tell that it was Baekho from the stature itself. He felt like he was melting and his mind just became goop. Ah. He wanted to become one with the be-

 

'Minhyun? Are you okay? I deleted the picture.'

 

He blinked and was brought back to reality as another message came in. He rolled to his side and bit his lower lip when he felt a tight constriction in his pants. Wow. Just great. 

 

'Doesn't help when it's saved into my album already' Minhyun responded and sighed. 

 

'Crap. I'm really sorry. Training camp has been tiring but overall fine. How was school and Dongho?' 

 

Minhyun pouted and tapped furiously at his phone. 'What about me?' 

 

'What about you?' 

 

Minhyun sighed and decided he shouldn't be this way especially not to Baekho. 'It's nothing. School was fine. Same as usual. Your brother is fine. He's being real chummy with Jonghyun.' 

 

'Oh? I thought with me gone, he would take this time to step up his game with you.' 

 

'What's that supposed to mean?' 

 

There was a brief pause before Baekho started to type again. 'He really wants to be with you.'

 

'He already is.' 

 

'No, I mean... Really really... Uh... Intimate?' 

 

'You mean... Hugging?' 

 

Minhyun was just teasing Baekho at this point but he found it cute that he could imagine Baekho getting flustered across the phone. 'Yes and no! Something of the sort and maybe more?' 

 

'And what about you? Do you want that sort of something too?' 

 

'I... Why are you asking?' 

 

'Cause you're my boyfriend too.' 

 

'Oh.' 

 

Minhyun stifled a laugh and stretched his arms, smiling sheepishly. 

 

'Why aren't you sleeping yet?' a message from Dongho popped in and Minhyun raised his brows. 

 

'I'm talking to Baekho.' 

 

'Oh. How's he?' 

 

'Fine it seems.' 

 

'Good to hear. Can we chat for a bit? Window.' 

 

'Okay. Hold on.'

 

Minhyun hopped up from his bed and opened his window. Dongho was already waiting and he put his phone down when he saw Minhyun, brightening up even in the night. 

 

"Greetings, my dear Prince. May I be allowed this opportunity to whisk you away into the night?" Dongho spoke in a confident strong tone. Minhyun blinked in confusion before Dongho broke out of character. "Sorry. I was just reading through some lines from Minki's play." 

 

"Oh. I heard about the auditioning. Are you going to try it out?" Minhyun asked and Dongho shrugged. 

 

"Still thinking about it. It seems... Fun?" 

 

"I think you should try it out." 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yeah. It'll be a fun experience even if you don't get in." 

 

"Do you... Want to try with me?" Dongho asked. Minhyun chuckled and rapped his fingers across the window pane. 

 

"Hmmm... I'll think about it." 

 

"Aww. Come on. We can go together." 

 

Minhyun hummed and rolled his lips in as he thought about it. "Alright. Alright. Just for a bit. I'll be too busy doing other stuff during the festival. I don't think I can actually be part of the play."

 

"As long as you try with me." Dongho beamed and Minhyun gave in. 

 

"Hand over the script." 

 

"Yay!" Dongho stretched his arm out and Minhyun reached over as well, taking the script. He looked through it briefly and saw the highlighted parts.

 

"Its like a Romeo and Juliet play?" 

 

"Yes except its a Romeo and Romeo situation. And they face each other in the war zone too. Its really sad," Dongho explained and Minhyun nodded. 

 

"It is. I can't even say if it was fortunate that they get to at least die in each other's arms. Are the teachers really fine with this screenplay?" Minhyun asked while pausing briefly on a page that caught his attention. "I guess a kiss is a must too."

 

"Oh, that. It's not really a kiss. More like a realisation that they were in love all along and they just... Go close."

 

Minhyun chuckled awkwardly. "Do you really think the drama king won't make you kiss someone on stage? I don't trust that." 

 

Dongho hummed and smirked. "So what now? You don't want me to try it out?" 

 

Minhyun cleared his throat and puffed his cheek. "I didn't say that. Just..." 

 

"Plus my first kiss is with you so I don't really mind and you're the only one on my mind. I have been imagining the other Romeo as you so it makes it much easier," Dongho said honestly and Minhyun flushed red. He yelped and covered his face with the papers. 

 

"Stop it. Now you're going to make me upset if I don't get the role for the other guy," Minhyun blurted out and Dongho gasped, turning red as well. 

 

"I mean... If you could... Spend just a little... On the play... With me... I-I would love that." 

 

Minhyun lowered the paper slightly and pouted. "But Minki is the other Romeo, isn't he?" 

 

"Oh. You're right. I forgot about that." Dongho pouted and Minhyun smiled. 

 

"We can have our own pretend play then." 

 

"Right now?" 

 

"Maybe tomorrow. I'm a little tired now," Minhyun said while yawning a little. 

 

"Okay. Good night, Minhyun. Thanks for talking to me." 

 

"What are you saying? It'll always be a pleasure to talk to you." 

 

+

 

"Change it." 

 

Daniel and Baekho both stood beside one another, heads hung low as a coach reprimanded Baekho for having a non-standard hair color befitting a player for a national competition. 

 

"If he doesn't change it back to black for the preliminaries, he will be cut off the team. As a captain, you should be more thoughtful about such things," the coach snapped and Daniel nodded silently. Baekho wanted to snap at the other but knew that would only result in being cut off at once and he didn't want that. Without him on the team, they would lose a lot of their firepower since he was one of their strikers. He didn't want himself to be the cause of their lost if that were to happen. 

 

"I will change it back, sir. Sorry for the trouble," Baekho mumbled and bowed. Daniel wanted to lift Baekho up and argue but knowing the other would probably get upset if he did that, just played along as well. He bowed and the coach strutted off. They sighed once he was out of sight but tensed up when they heard a snicker. A small group of guys with sports bags and shoes came down the hallway. Baekho didn't recognize them at all but he noticed the frown between Daniel's brows. 

 

"Come on, Baekho. Let's go," Daniel said quickly but not quick enough as the captain moved so their shoulders bump into one another. 

 

"Not even a greeting for your old rival?" 

 

Daniel clicked his tongue and shot glares at the male. "I don't have time to waste on cheaters like you." 

 

"What an accusation without proof. Better watch your back, Kang." 

 

"." 

 

Baekho was confused but realised one of them was smirking at him and spoke, "Got into trouble for a little hair color? I thought you were a good boy." 

 

"Wh-"

 

"Come on, Baekho. Don't waste time talking to them." 

 

"Ah... Okay."