10

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Excuse me."

 

"Hmm? Oh, Jonghyun, what's wrong? Need something?"

 

The new student scooted his chair closer to Dongho who turned his head to give him his attention. "Yeah, I need your help. I heard you're together with the student council president and I just wanted to k-"

 

"Woah. Stop right there," Dongho gasped. "Where did that come from? I'm with Minhyun?"

 

"Aren't you? Everyone says you two are dating. Well, the rumor was either you or your twin brother."

 

Dongho blushed and shook his head. "No. Neither of us are....yet."

 

"Ah. Oh, sorry. I should have asked first then. Um... But that's fine. Have you gone on a date before?"

 

"Eh?" Dongho was surprised that Jonghyun was literally asking him about the one thing he was thinking about now. "N-no but I will be soon."

 

"Ooh. So have you planned anything yet?"

 

"Why do you want to know?"

 

"I'm trying to impress that guy from the other day and uh... He agreed to go on a date with me so I just wanted to know if you have any bright ideas on what we can do together since I'm new to the area."

 

"Ah..." Dongho scratched his head. "Wait. You're...trying to chase Minki?"

 

"Hmm? Yeah, I am."

 

Dongho glanced at Minhyun, somewhat recalling the other mentioning the student council's treasurer liking Minki before but he couldn't remember if that was the case. "But Minki is hard to impress." Probably more than Minhyun, that is.

 

"I know. That's why I can't think of what to do. What will really get his attention?" 

 

"Mmm. Hey, are you free after school today?" Dongho asked. 

 

"Hmm? Yeah." 

 

"Uh... If you want, you could come over to my place and we can plan dates for each other's respective partners. What do you think? We could also study so we don't completely waste our time." 

 

Jonghyun beamed and showed Dongho a thumbs up. "That's a great idea. Thanks, class president." 

 

"No problem." 

 

After all, Dongho still wasn't sure what kind of date he wanted to bring Minhyun on so maybe having a different brain working with him, they could come up with things to impress Minhyun and Minki. 

 

~~~

 

"So we have to make sure everything is set for sports day before exam week so that we can focus on our exams," Minhyun said as they just sorted through  a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. 

 

"I'll handle soccer and rugby," Seungwoo immediately said and Minhyun couldn't even argue with that. 

 

"What about you, Aron?" 

 

"I'll take basketball and track. That leaves badminton and table tennis for you."

 

"Alright. Just remember, the teachers are changing things up a little this year since they want to promote the sports club more."

 

"Ayy. Ayy. We will meet back here at 4, right?" Seungwoo asked to be certain and Minhyun nodded. At that note, the other had picked up his papers and left in a hurry. Minhyun knew he was eager to meet Daniel but something felt weird. 

 

"See you in a bit," Aron said and Minhyun nodded. He got his own stuff ready and left to find the two sports team, hoping to get things done then and there. Usually sports day didn't have anything to do with the school's sports team but since the teachers had specifically asked, it wasn't like Minhyun could argue much about it. He just had to roll with it. 

 

He was able to get the badminton and table tennis' cooperation fairly quickly since Minhyun was a natural human magnet despite not really having many friends. He wouldn't deny that he was popular but he wouldn't agree either. He knew his role as the student council president required him to be people friendly and that's just what he was. For the most part. He thanked them and decided to check on Aron's progress since the basketball team was close by. Aron was a little bit more on the quiet side but he was also equally liked. His gentle smile and charisma had girls up his alley yet his focus was solely on the drama club president now. 

 

"Done?" Minhyun asked him. Aron nodded and waved the papers. 

 

"You going to check on Seungwoo?" 

 

"Yep. Wanna come along?" 

 

"Nah. I'll head back to the room first. I've got some homework to do." 

 

"Alright." Minhyun headed to the rugby team first but found out that Seungwoo had already dropped by so there was only one other place the other could be. 

 

The soccer field. 

 

"Take ten." 

 

Minhyun smiled as Baekho ran over to him. Sweat dripping down his face from intense practice and causing his shirt to stick. Minhyun unintentionally eyed his body, wondering when his friend grew to be such a hunk but quickly shoved that thought aside as he felt his cheeks heat up. 

 

"Minhyun, you got something to do here?" 

 

"Huh? Yeah. I'm finding for Seungwoo. Have you seen him? Or Daniel? He's the captain, right?" 

 

"Yeah. They went to the locker rooms, I think." Minhyun noticed the rest of the soccer team gathered behind Baekho and one of them nudged him. 

 

"Say, when are you going to introduce your boyfriend to us, Baek?" 

 

"What? Shut up, he's not my boyfriend," Baekho squeaked, face turning redder than it already was. Minhyun laughed softly. 

 

"Yeah, yeah. You two are always together though and he's been coming around more often."

 

"Sorry to disappoint you guys. I'm just here for the sports day event," Minhyun explained and they all booed. Baekho became flustered and shooed them away. 

 

"I'm sorry. Uh... Why don't you go to the locker room and find them?" 

 

Another member nudged Baekho. "Go with him then. We will get back to practice."

 

"You guys better do! No slacking if we are going to go to the nationals!" 

 

Minhyun was a little surprised to see this side of Baekho. An eager excited side. His bright smile. Something tingled within him and he felt warm somewhat. Baekho turned back to him and cleared his throat, trying to put on his tough face again. 

 

"S-so, let's go?"

 

Minhyun nodded and Baekho led the way. He looked at Baekho's sculpted muscles and silently wondered how it would feel to the touch. He always refrained himself from touching people or getting touched mostly because he was a bit of a germaphobic. Did Dongho also possess such a body? Or was it just Baekho? He knew Baekho's choice of outfits were loose oversized clothes but was it to hide his body? 

 

"Minhyun, careful," Baekho suddenly spoke as he stopped Minhyun from walking right into the door. Minhyun squeaked and turned red. 

 

"Ack. I got distracted." 

 

"You okay?" 

 

"Y-yeah. Um... Are you guys really going to play at the nationals?" Minhyun asked to distract himself. He fanned himself a little with the papers he was holding. 

 

"That's the plan. Since this is the seniors' last year, we thought it'll be great if we could make it that far." 

 

"I see. Uh... Do you plan on pursuing soccer in the future?" 

 

"Why?" 

 

"I'm just asking..." 

 

"I'm still thinking. There are other things I wanna do. Soccer isn't exactly everything but I can't tell my parents that, can I? When my test results are lower than Dongho's." 

 

Minhyun hummed softly. "But that's because you're spending most of your time playing soccer, right? If you studied, I'm sure you'll do just as great as Dongho."

 

But Baekho knew it wasn't only because of that. There were other reasons for his test results to be that low and one of the causes being Dongho as always. "I guess."

 

"Baekho, about the date... Are you going to plan anything?" Minhyun asked after plucking his courage together. Baekho gasped and pursed his lips. He shrugged.

 

"I... I was thinking... M-maybe w-we could just... Go to t-town and take a walk around together."

 

Minhyun raised his brows. He chuckled softly and nudged Baekho. "That's so you."

 

"Unless you have s-somewhere you want to...go."

 

Minhyun shook his head. "I want to see how things are like with the both of you. The differences. The similarities. Honestly I've been thinking recently that I barely recognize you two anymore."

 

"Well, we are all growing."

 

Minhyun smiled and nodded. They reached the locker room and Minhyun patted Baekho's shoulder. "Well, I'll look forward to it either ways."

 

"Hmm?!"

 

Minhyun opened the door and looked inside, freezing up instantly. Baekho was about to step inside but Minhyun slammed the door shut, face fully flushed with red. His eyes still stuck wide open before an awkward laugh escaped his lips.

 

"Minhyun? What's wrong? Are they inside?" Baekho asked and Minhyun panicked. He grabbed Baekho's wrist and dragged the other away.

 

"That's! I'll just go back to the student council room and wait for him there," the student council president gasped.

 

"Huh? But if they're in ther-"

 

"Do not! Go in there! Now!" Minhyun hissed and Baekho flinched.

 

"Uh... Okay?"

 

"Promise me, okay? You cannot go in there u-until Daniel and Seungwoo comes out."

 

"So they're in there? Then we sh-"

 

"Noo!" Minhyun squeaked and grabbed both of Baekho's shoulders to stop him, moving him towards the direction of the field. "You shouldn't taint your eyes. Haha... Oh god."

 

"Were they doing something?"

 

"Yes! Yes, they were but you do not need to know about it."

 

Baekho took a couple steps forward so Minhyun didn't have to push him to move. "Okay...."

 

"So um... What time will practice be done?"

 

"Probably 5?"

 

"Ah. Cool. Uh... I'll see you later then?"

 

"Okay. Do you need me to walk you back? Your face is all red."

 

"Nope! I'll be fine. A-okay. I'm going to get GO- oh. Tell all your friends that nobody is to go in there right now either."

 

"Uh... Sure?" Baekho was confused as to what could make Minhyun react like that. His innocent brain couldn't fathom or imagine any situation that Minhyun would prevent him from seeing. 

 

Minhyun rushed back to the student council room to find Aron actually doing his homework. He collapsed onto his chair and buried his head on the table as he screamed incoherently, startling the treasurer.

 

"Wha- President, what's wrong with you?"

 

"ONG SEUNGWOO! Give me back my innocence," Minhyun cried out and Aron tilted his head with a confused smile. The door soon opened and a flustered messy Seungwoo entered the room. "ONG SEUNGWOO!"

 

"Ahhh! Don't talk about it!" Seungwoo shrieked and covered his ears as he shrunk into his seat as well. "I-I did my job at least!"

 

"But how could you? How?! You! The locker rooms! How am I ever going to see it the same way again?"

 

"I'm sorry! But-but it's not like we are the only ones who did it there before!" Seungwoo argued and Minhyun gasped in horror.

 

"You... You... You lewd kids."

 

"Um... Care to enlighten me, guys?" Aron asked and Minhyun wagged a finger at Seungwoo whose ears were red as well.

 

"H-he-e and D-Daniel Kang! In the lockers!"

 

"Uh huh."

 

"Don't say it, Minhyun!" Seungwoo slapped Minhyun's arm and Minhyun jolted away from him.

 

"They had in the locker room?" Aron guessed and his two friends shrieked, covering their ears. Aron laughed and slanted his head. "What's the big deal? We are all old enough to be wanting now, right?"

 

"Wahhh. Why is he so calm? Don't tell me... You've done it before, Aron?" Seungwoo muttered.

 

"No. I'm saving myself for the right one," Aron said coolly and Minhyun felt like curling into a ball for overreacting now. "But I can see why Minhyun freaked out. Our innocent student council president."

 

"Innocent?! I-I I wouldn't want to see Seungwoo's even if he offered me."

 

"Gahhh! Forget what you saw!"

 

"How can I? It's burned into my retinas.... My memory bank. Everything," Minhyun said and leaned back, pretending to give up on everything.

 

"Eh... So you're a bottom, Seungwoo?"

 

"Geh- Shut it. Daniel is just... He's good. I can't deny that."

 

"My, my. What an eventful meeting this is," Aron said and chuckled at his two innocent friends.