23

Kang, Hwang, Kang

He laid on his bed, unable to sleep. He didn't know if he should feel guilty or sad or anything at all after what had occurred earlier.

 

"I'm just dumping more and more of my emotions on you. It's not fair of me to do that when you're suffering too."

 

"Dongho."

 

"We should head to bed. We still have school tomorrow."

 

"Dongho, Minhyun does like you too. Even if you think-"

 

"It's alright, Baekho. If I have to share with you, then so be it. As long as I'm not being cast aside, I'll make sure Minhyun is happy. That's all I can do."

 

Baekho didn't know what else to say so he had let Dongho leave to his room. Normal? Baekho didn't think he was normal. He was always the outcast. He thought Dongho was normal but now he wasn't sure either. His thoughts felt scrambled up as he tried to seek answers to questions he hadn't had before. The more Dongho opened up about his own emotions, the more Baekho felt torn apart. It was as if he had also never looked his twin in the eyes, feel what he felt and cared about him. He sat up, unable to sleep as he groaned and ruffled his hair. Maybe Dongho was suffering just as much as him but he definitely hid it better. Baekho wore his expressions on his sleeve although he was less vocal about them and mostly use his hands to hide or turn away to avoid being exposed. He made his way to his window and pushed the curtains away. Minhyun's room was still lit and he texted the other. 

 

'Still up studying?' 

 

It only took a few seconds before he got a reply. 'Yep. Why are you up?' 

 

'I can't sleep.'

 

'Something on your mind?' 

 

Baekho didn't know if he should tell Minhyun about Dongho. He knew his twin always wanted to show Minhyun only the best sides of him but it was bound to hurt himself if he kept it up. At least if Minhyun knew... What could he do anyways?

 

'I guess.'

 

'Care to share?' 

 

'Maybe not.'

 

'Okay then.' 

 

Baekho didn't know what else to say. He was about to close his curtains and go back to bed when he saw Minhyun pushing his aside and opening the window. The student president leaned out and smiled, waving at Baekho who instantly lifted his window as well. 

 

"Hey," Minhyun chirped. "Been awhile since we chat like this." 

 

"Y-yeah..." 

 

"Man, we used to do it all the time when you two still slept in the same room." 

 

"We d-did." 

 

"Is Dongho asleep already?" 

 

Baekho shrugged and tried to peek over but he could see the window wasn't illuminated. "I think so."

 

"So... What happened?" 

 

"Ah... Minhyun..." Baekho rubbed his neck and pursed his lips. 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Do you... I... Uh... To Dongho, what do you f-feel?" 

 

"Why are you asking me so crypticly? Hmmm... What do I feel... How should I even put it?" Minhyun sighed and stretched his arms using the window sill. "Like? After our date, I can see him more than a friend but compared to you, I feel like he will always be there by my side so I didn't have to worry as much? Ah... Its a bit hard to explain." 

 

"Eh? Are you saying... I'll leave?" 

 

"No! That's not what I mean. Uh... Its just feels weird, you know. If he's not by me even though he always is, I feel uncomfortable and uneasy as if I don't have someone to fall back to." 

 

"Ah..."

 

"I mean, you're not around me as often as he is so I don't really feel that uneasy. Man, now I'm talking in circles. It's not easy to explain how I feel towards the two of you either." 

 

Baekho nodded and leaned his head against the window. 

 

"Why? It had something to do with Dongho after all, isn't it?" 

 

"Yeah..." 

 

"He's probably overthinking by himself. It's our bad habit. And to keep it to ourselves. But I guess I wish he could rely on me a little more. He's always helping me even if he doesn't do it upfront. Did you know, I actually got my position as student council president thanks to him?"

 

"Eh? I didn't know..." 

 

"He went around the school to encourage people to vote for me," Minhyun chuckled softly. "I thought he should be my secretary if I got the position but he said he didn't want to."

 

"That doesn't sound like Dongho." 

 

"I know right? But I figured he didn't want to be part of the student council anyways. He was just helping me because I wanted to be a part of it. He's always there... It'll be weird if he isn't." 

 

Baekho nodded. He felt the same too. If Dongho wasn't there, how would he be there? He chuckled softly and Minhyun smiled. 

 

"Oh? Someone's laughing." 

 

"Ah. Ah. Don't tease me. I'm just relieved." 

 

"Over what?" 

 

"That my brother's problems can be solved." 

 

"Oh? Is that so?" 

 

Baekho nodded. "As long as you want him by your side too, he won't ever have to feel like he's just being with you out of pity." 

 

Minhyun shrugged and stared at Baekho. "Baekho.... I want you by my side too." 

 

Baekho turned red and flustered. "E-eh- I just told you not to tease me! G-good night!" 

 

Minhyun chuckled and waved. "Good night." Baekho slammed his window shut and closed the curtains, storming off to bed even more awake than before and cheeks fully flushed.

 

"I wish... You could rely on me more too." 

 

Minhyun giggled and headed off to bed as well. 

 

+

 

"Morning, Minhyun!" Dongho greeted the other cheerfully. Minhyun smiled and waved. Baekho just lifted his hand as a greeting. 

 

"Morning, you two. Shall we go?"

 

"Yep!"

 

Dongho made his way towards newspaper club to find Woozi during lunch break after having lunch with Minhyun and Baekho. He knew just where to find the smaller boy as he made his way to the music room where Bumzu would be as well. He opened the door and greeted them.

 

"It's been awhile since I came here," Dongho sighed as he sat beside Bumzu who was writing down notes. Woozi was strumming a guitar in the corner. 

 

"Well, it's not like our club is that active in school," Bumzu said. "After I leave, it'll probably be shut down too."

 

"Mmm... Well, it can't be helped since it's not an official club," Dongho replied Bumzu who feigned sadness. "Ah, Woozi. I'll be joining this year's chess competition so... Help me sign up, okay?" Dongho whispered to the other who nodded and showed him a thumbs up.

 

"You can count on me."

 

"Eh... What are you two whispering about?"

 

"Nothing really. I'm going to go back to class now. See you two around," Dongho said and waved once the bell rang. He was passing by a different level headed towards the stairs when he heard familiar voices yelling at one another.

 

"Like I said, you won't be joining us!"

 

"Minki already said that I can so why are you so against it? It's not like you have any authority to choose which group I end up in."

 

He doubled back and gasped when he saw Jonghyun and Aron going head to head.

 

"You think I don't? I can just switch your name out for someone else's easily because I'm the one with the name list."

 

"You evi-"

 

"Ahhh. You two, don't fight," Dongho interrupted, unwilling to watch the two tear each other's throats apart.

 

"Dongho. Good timing. Tell him that he can't possibly do something that outrageous just to stop me from being in the same group as Minki," Jonghyun said while pulling Dongho to his side.

 

"Eh? B-bu-" He meant to stop the fight, not choose sides.

 

"I already said we have enough people. There's no way Minki would have said yes to you."

 

"Liar. Minki told me you were still finding for three more people."

 

Aron grabbed Dongho and pulled him over. "Ah with the twins and Minhyun. That makes up five."

 

"Eh? You traitor! I thought you would help me," Jonghyun snapped at Dongho who flinched.

 

"N-now, calm down you two. Minhyun and Baekho hasn't decided o-"

 

"Hah. There's no way I would allow you to be in the same group as Minki."

 

"Just because you knew him earlier and fell for him first doesn't mean that I won't be able to win him over. If he doesn't like you, then he doesn't like you. It's as simple as that. Why don't you get it?"

 

"W-who said Minki doesn't like me? He might not seem interested in me but we get along just fine."

 

Dongho's head spun as the two kept butting heads. He couldn't believe he was stuck between two guys who liked the same person and neither would back down. Then, it struck him and he gasped. Was this how Minhyun felt like? Both Baekho and him had come off rather strongly recently. Maybe they just gave him a headache after all and this solution was so that they would stop fighting. Dongho frowned and grabbed both their arms, flinging them down. "That's enough!"

 

Both Aron and Jonghyun paused since Dongho barely raised his voice.

 

"Enough fighting. How do you think it'll make Minki feel if he saw this?"

 

"Dongho..."

 

"In the first place, you two should go and ask him properly if he wants to be in the same group as both of you. Arguing in the middle of the hallway won't help anyone."

 

"Fine, I'll go now," Jonghyun said and Dongho grabbed his shirt, pulling him back.

 

"Are you an idiot? Lunchtime is over. We have class to attend. You, go back to class too. Find Minki together after school."

 

Dongho sat down after forcing a grumpy Jonghyun into his seat as well. Thankfully, he made it back before the teacher came in. His thoughts unintentionally drifted to what Jonghyun had said earlier. He glanced at Minhyun and pursed his lips. Just because he liked Minhyun first doesn't mean Minhyun would feel the same. He knew that yet he was stubborn not to give up just like Aron. But maybe he should before he actually hurt either of them. He sighed and tried not to let his emotions get in the way of his studies.

 

"Dongho~"

 

Dongho flinched and looked at Minhyun who smiled at him while holding his bag as class had ended. His heart thumped and he smiled back.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What was that earlier?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Jonghyun looked really scary when you two came in."

 

"Ah..." Dongho turned his head to realise Jonghyun was gone already. He hoped the three could talk things out. Baekho walked over to them and adjusted his bag.

 

"I gotta go for practice. Um... You two... T-take care on your way home," Baekho said nervously and Minhyun smiled.

 

"Okay. You take care too."

 

Baekho nodded and waved. Dongho waved back before he started to pack up. "He's having trouble with Aron regarding the camping trip."

 

"Oh? What kind of trouble?"

 

"Minki agreed to let Jonghyun group with him but Aron is disagreeing and he's even pulling us in to stop Jonghyun at all costs."

 

"I see... So that's why he was so upset?"

 

"He thought I was siding with Aron... Called me a traitor."

 

"Mmm..." Minhyun waited for Dongho to stand up before he smiled and wrapped his arms around Dongho's arm, surprising the bespectacled male who jolted and blushed.

 

"M-Minhyun?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Uh... Your arm."

 

"Eh... Its okay, isn't it? You always want to hold my hand anyways plus there's no else left in the classroom."

 

"But... You like Baekho more, don't you?"

 

"Aahhh. Stop it already. Come on. Let's go home," Minhyun chuckled and dragged Dongho who was still stunned but his legs moved forward so he wouldn't trip. He loved that Minhyun was holding him. He loved that he was talking to him like usual. He loved everything there was to love about Minhyun.

 

"Minhyun... I really... Really love you."

 

"Mmm... I know."