28

Kang, Hwang, Kang

This time even Dongho was speechless but it only lasted for awhile as his eyes twinkled brightly.

 

"Tell me about it!" he said excitedly and held Minhyun's arms.

 

"What?!"

 

"I want to know what happened in the dream. Please?" 

 

Minhyun shook his head and tried to hide but Dongho became persistent while Baekho was stunned. "We should be studying!" 

 

"It's fine to take a short break. Please, Minhyun? Pretty please?"

 

"No. I'm embarrassed!" 

 

Baekho snapped out from his trance when he realised Dongho had literally climbed on top of Minhyun who was struggling to get his twin off. He gasped and lifted Dongho up. 

 

"Baekho?" 

 

"That's enough."

 

Minhyun curled up and buried his face in the pillow. 

 

"You're scaring Minhyun," Baekho said softly and Dongho calmed down. 

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. I got too excited," Dongho apologised and Minhyun shook his head. 

 

"It's okay. It's just... It's the first time this has happened to me. It feels wrong. I've always seen you two as brothers... Its just weird how I'm reacting towards you two now... E-even though I've seen it all before."

 

The three of them turned red and Dongho cleared his throat as he moved Baekho away from him. "That's because you never realised... You had feelings for us before." 

 

"Then just because I know now, my body has to react like this? It's weird," Minhyun huffed and pouted. "You two as well... Don't tell me your bodies have always reacted like this to me. I'll get mad." 

 

"Eh... Why would you get mad?" Dongho asked while sitting down next to Minhyun. Baekho sat on the other side. 

 

"Because... If you did, then that means I never paid enough attention to you guys before and I'm as much of a failure as a friend as I am a boyfriend." 

 

"I have never experienced it yet," Baekho said too innocently that Dongho burst into giggles.

 

"I don't think Baekho has even done it to himself before," Dongho teased and Baekho scoffed. 

 

"S-so what?" 

 

"You haven't?" Minhyun asked in surprise and Baekho gasped.

 

"You're not going to tease me about it now too, are you?" 

 

Minhyun shook his head. "Of course not. I'm just surprised since..." Minhyun fiddled with his fingers. "I have... Ah. Why are we even talking about this?! Let's just go back to studying." 

 

"Will you even be fine studying like that? It'll be okay to use our toilet for it." 

 

"I'll be fine!" Minhyun squeaked and flailed. The twins exchanged glances and went back to their spots. Minhyun took a deep breath and tried to focus on his studies again, forcing all other thoughts out from his head. His hand impatiently tapped the table as he had to read the same question a couple of times before he could write an answer down. It was hard to concentrate, not when his senses suddenly felt heightened and he felt like he could even hear their breathing. Low and steady. He placed the back of his hand against his lips, trying to stop his breathing from picking up. 

 

"Minhyun," Baekho called out since he had a question to ask. Minhyun wasn't expecting that though and jumped, bumping the couch painfully as he hit his side. 

 

"Ow. Crap." 

 

"Are you okay?" Baekho asked worriedly and Minhyun nodded. 

 

"Ugh... Yeah?" 

 

"How do you do this?" Baekho slid his book over to Minhyun and the other tried to teach him but he kept pausing until Dongho took over. 

 

"I think we should call it a day," Dongho said in the end. 

 

"I'm really sorry," Minhyun apologised and the twins both shook their heads. 

 

"It's fine. It's the first time for you after all," Dongho said, hoping he sounded comforting. Minhyun smiled sheepishly and nodded. He felt a little too awkward to look into their eyes even as he packed up and stood up. 

 

"I'm going back now." 

 

They walked Minhyun out the door and the taller male hurriedly headed back home without looking back. He rushed up to his room and buried himself on his bed, silently screaming to himself. How could he have let himself get flustered like that over the twins? He blamed it on the dream and also the human nature. He rolled onto his back and sighed, hugging his pillow as he stared at his ceiling fan. 

 

"How can I look them in the eyes now?" 

 

"This is amazing." 

 

"Eh?" Baekho turned to his twin who was smiling while finishing up the last bits of his homework. "What is?" 

 

"Think about it. Minhyun's perception of us is slowly changing." 

 

"I don't know if I like that," Baekho replied honestly and Dongho chuckled. 

 

"Well, for you and him, probably not. You two want to stay as you are but if we stay as we are, we will just still be friends only." 

 

"What are you implying?" 

 

"Didn't I tell you the other time? I want to do more with Minhyun and if he does react to us that way, it means it can happen." 

 

"But what if Minhyun doesn't want to?" 

 

"Then... I'm unsure if he actually does like us." Baekho flinched and he looked at Dongho with pitiful eyes. Dongho gasped and patted his brother's back. "I'm sure he does! I'm sure! Don't look so sad." 

 

"But... If he doesn't... Then... Aren't we just forcing this relationship onto him?" 

 

Dongho paused. Were they? He turned to Dongho and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Think about it this way. Even you don't have such thoughts for Minhyun but does that mean you don't like him?" 

 

"I do!" 

 

"Then it'll be fine. I'm sure once he has warmed up to the idea, he will be fine with it so you... You have to be sure if you want to do it too." 

 

"But..." Baekho held Dongho's sleeve. "I don't know how to do it..." 

 

Dongho blinked and pursed his lips. "You're not... Asking me to teach you, are you?" 

 

Baekho blushed and scoffed. "N-no but... If you could.. I mean, I should know how to at least... You know..." 

 

"What?" 

 

Baekho breathed in deeply and shook his head, straightening his back. "It's nothing." 

 

Dongho chuckled and nudged him. "How about this? Lets watch together."

 

"What?!"

 

"Gay to be exact. We can learn together if you're too scared to watch it alone." 

 

"Ugh... Sometimes I don't know if I'm thankful to have a twin or not." 

 

Dongho rolled his eyes. "You know you are."

 

+

 

Minhyun's cheeks became pink when he met the twins in the next morning. Immediately, his hand moved upwards to cover his cheek and his eyes darted away. He couldn't settle down his thoughts yesterday or this morning especially when he had a clear idea on how Baekho looked like without his shirt. His heart pitter pattered away as he greeted the twins awkwardly. It didn't go unnoticed by them of course but Baekho was just as awkward with red rosy cheeks while Dongho was the only normal one. He chuckled at the two of them and held Minhyun's arm. 

 

"How did you sleep last night?" Dongho asked cheerfully and Minhyun wasn't sure if he had a good sleep or a disturbed one. 

 

"Just... The same," he responded without looking at the other, eyes trained on the path before him. 

 

"Still thinking about your dream?" 

 

Minhyun chuckled nervously and shrugged. "I... Well... Its... Forget it."

 

"Okay. If you say so." 

 

Baekho was too nervous today to even walk beside Minhyun. He shouldn't have watched the videos with Dongho. He silently cursed himself for making it even worse now. As if he wasn't already awkward enough. Now he had been enlightened by certain... Aspects of their relationships that could possibly happen in the future and Baekho wasn't sure if he was ready. 

 

"Baekho? You're walking really slow," Minhyun said while glancing back and Baekho jumped. 

 

"I'm not thinking of anything wrong!" he squeaked and dashed off to school before either of them could stop him. 

 

"W-what?" Minhyun blurted out in confusion as the athletic twin disappeared from sight in a flash much like that night. Dongho stifled a laugh and let Minhyun's arm go. 

 

"Baekho is just being shy. Don't worry about it." 

 

"Shy? About what?" 

 

Dongho hummed and smirked. "I might have showed him a little something." 

 

They stopped outside the student council room and Minhyun raised a brow at Dongho, finally looking at him a little more once he had calmed down mostly. "What is it?" 

 

Dongho motioned Minhyun closer and the taller bent down. Dongho whispered it into Minhyun's ear and he gasped, immediately shoving Dongho lightly. 

 

"My gosh. Why would you show that to Baekho?" Minhyun asked, cheeks blooming red again. 

 

"Because he was interested and if I'm going to be honest, I really do wish we get to that point in our relationship someday." 

 

"So you're fine with having to share me with Baekho then?" 

 

Dongho sighed and smiled. "For now, yes. I don't particularly find it horrible and..."

 

"And?"

 

Dongho shook his head. "You better head in for your meeting. I'll see you in class." 

 

"Dongho." 

 

"See you, Minhyun." 

 

Minhyun was confused and frowned a little as Dongho walked away after that sentence cut him off. He didn't know why he felt weird inside as though their secrets have only grown more than shared. Minhyun stared at the door knob. Was he missing something again? Overlooking something? Doing something wrong? He didn't know, he couldn't tell. 

 

"How can I even call myself their best friend when I don't know anything?" Minhyun whispered and opened the door. 

 

"Coming, coming," Dongho chuckled as a classmate called him over for help. Dongho quickly taught his classmate before he headed back to his seat. He sat down and breathed out. He looked around the half empty classroom and pursed his lips. He looked at the empty seat beside him and in front of it too. 

 

"Dongho?" 

 

"Ah. Morning, Jonghyun." 

 

"Morning. You look dazed out today. Something happened?" 

 

"Not exactly. What about you and Minki? Still not getting along well with Aron?" 

 

Jonghyun tilted his chair back and shrugged. "Kind of." Jonghyun started to talk about random things and Dongho zoned out. The words just entering one side and out the other. He felt as though everything was in slow motion in that moment. Voices became a blur and his vision flickered. 

 

"It won't be you and him in the end."

 

"-ho?" Jonghyun shook him and he gasped sharply before jolting away from his classmate. "Hey... You sure you're fine? You look pale."

 

"Yeah. I'm just... Overthinking things. Don't worry. You were saying?" Dongho rubbed his temples and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"Nothing much. I was just telling you about how we have this date schedule with Minki now. Also, he's finding for people to help out with the drama club's performance for the school festival. You interested?"

 

"Me?"

 

"Yeah. Its just a minor role."

 

"Aren't there a lot of members in the club already?"

 

"Yeah but Minki isn't satisfied with anyone of them so there's even an audition open."

 

"I'll think about it."

 

"Cool. You can ask your brother too if he wants to try it out or maybe Minhyun too. Speaking of which, how're things with the three of you?"

 

"F-fine."

 

"Huh... Okay. Gone out on anymore dates? I heard the three of you are... Together now."

 

"Oh yeah. We are... Trying. We haven't gone on anymore dates yet. We are just taking things slow now, I guess. Nothing has really changed except that we hold hands or arms more often."

 

"I see. Well, it's fine to take things slow. We are still just students right now." 

 

"You're right. I guess it is." 

 

Jonghyun noticed the distant look in Dongho's expression and wondered if there was something disturbing him. He sighed and nudged Dongho. "Want to hang out after school today?" 

 

"Huh? So suddenly?" 

 

"You look like you have a lot on your mind and I just want you to know that I'm a friend you can talk to." 

 

"Oh... Thanks but I'll probably be fine." 

 

"Alright. Just don't bottle it up too much or you'll explode."