34

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Baekho didn't know how to calm Minhyun down so he just hugged him and patted his back until his sobs reduced to a stop.

 

"You didn't have to cry," Baekho sighed and Minhyun chuckled.

 

"But I can't help it. I'm happy for you. So this is what you want to pursue?"

 

"Y-yeah... Is it too weird?"

 

Minhyun shook his head and snuggled against Baekho. "No. I think it's perfect. You're great with the piano but will music schools accept you? I'm just worried about that."

 

"Well, Bumzu hyung is technically my teacher. I've been secretly taking piano exams with his guidance so I should be fine. He says I can qualify."

 

"That's good then. You sure hid this from me too well."

 

Baekho chuckled a little. "Well, if Dongho can have secrets, so can I."

 

"Not fair. I've been your friend for 6 years, you know," Minhyun huffed and hit his arm lightly. "Why do you two keep hiding things from me?"

 

"Sorry. I just wanted to show it to you when I was ready..."

 

Minhyun rubbed away the remaining of his tears and looked at Baekho, giggling slightly. "You've changed a bit... No, actually, it feels like you went back to being the Baekho I once knew."

 

"Is that.... Bad?" Baekho repeated his question and Minhyun shook his head.

 

"It's good. I love--I... I mean... I... You smile more now and that's good really." 

 

Baekho tilted his head and smiled softly. "Because I don't want to hide my emotions for you anymore. If I don't step it up, Dongho will... He will get more of your attention then." 

 

Minhyun chuckled and patted Baekho's head. "Let's go home. Dongho is waiting for us." 

 

Baekho nodded and closed the pain before picking up his bag. He held his hand out and Minhyun raised his brows before grinning and taking it. Baekho smiled sheepishly as they walked out hand-in-hand. 

 

+

 

Minhyun hummed softly as he drew a little heart on the paper before sealing it. 

 

"Today's the first day, isn't it?" 

 

Minhyun looked up at his classmates chatting and back at the empty seat in front of him. 

 

"Go get them, Baekho!" he had cheered for the other before he had boarded the bus to get to the stadium with the rest of the soccer team. 

 

"You can do it!" Dongho said and grinned. Baekho smiled and nodded. 

 

"Be careful out there!" Jonghyun chirped and hugged Baekho who jolted in shock. Minhyun squinted a tiny bit as he unlatched himself from Baekho and swung his arm around Dongho. 

 

"Hey. What do you think you're doing?" a familiar snarky voice said and Jonghyun lifted his arm from Dongho's shoulder, clearing his throat as Minki walked pass him. 

 

"Minki, you're going along?" Dongho asked and the other nodded. 

 

"I'm still the manager after all." Minki pinched Jonghyun's cheek and pulled him away from Dongho. "So while I'm away, you better not do anything weird." 

 

Jonghyun laughed and hugged Minki who frowned. "I won't, I won't." 

 

Minhyun sighed at the little moment from this morning. He hoped Baekho would be able to pass the first round without any problems. They had promised him to only watch his final match since Baekho didn't want them to see him any lesser. Minhyun argued with him about it at first but in the end gave up since he found out Dongho's chess competition was happening on the day Baekho's semi finals might be on. He would be upset if he couldn't see either of the twins' matches so he had no choice but to give in to Baekho's request to only see him during his final match too. 

 

"What's the matter?" Dongho asked and Minhyun turned to him. 

 

"Nothing... I just... I hope Baekho is doing well."

 

"I'm sure he is. He practiced a lot for it." 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"What's that?" Dongho asked, pointing to the envelope on the table. Minhyun gasped and hurriedly stuffed them under his book. 

 

"N-nothing." 

 

"Oh? You're hiding something from me?" Dongho teased and Minhyun blushed. 

 

"N-no. I'm just... Just preparing for something." 

 

"For what?" 

 

"Not telling you." 

 

Dongho puffed his cheeks and poked Minhyun's arm. "Come on. You want to tell me." 

 

"No. Not yet, I don't." 

 

"Sheesh. Since when do you keep secrets from me?" 

 

"Since your two have your own fair share of se-" 

 

"Hey! What are you two talking about?" Jonghyun asked while literally throwing his body on top of Dongho and grinning widely. Minhyun pursed his lips and tried to smile. 

 

"Nothing," he replied with a small scoff. Somehow he felt different recently ever since he had started to date the twins. Whenever he saw someone getting close to them, there was the small squeeze in his chest. He knew it was probably jealousy but he never felt that way before this so he wasn't quite sure why it was growing. 

 

"Just whether Baekho is doing fine or not," Dongho replied, trying to get Jonghyun off him.

 

"Wah. I miss Minki too." 

 

Dongho chuckled and rolled his eyes. "You're not even in the same class as him in the first place." 

 

"And I miss Daniel too." 

 

Minhyun flinched when he heard Seungwoo who suddenly appeared in front of him with a paper in his hand. 

 

"What the heck, Seungwoo?! You scared me!" Minhyun gasped and Seungwoo grinned. 

 

"Teacher called for you so I'm here. Ta-da." 

 

"Right now? We still have classes." 

 

"It's about the festival so..." 

 

"Alright. Dongho, help me take notes when the teacher comes, okay?" 

 

Dongho nodded and showed him a thumbs up after successfully getting Jonghyun off of him. Jonghyun pouted once Minhyun left the class with Seungwoo. "He's real good at hiding it, isn't he?" 

 

"What are you rambling about?" Dongho sighed. 

 

"His jealousy. I saw him turning away the moment I put my arms around you. I think he really does like you too." 

 

"Look. I really don't need you to try to make Minhyun jealous. I don't want him to be. I want him to be able to trust me." 

 

"Alright, mister know it all." 

 

-

 

He waited for the bus outside his home and when it arrived, his steps started becoming fidgety.

 

"See you guys tomorrow."

 

Baekho hopped down the bus and flinched, surprised to see Minhyun standing outside and waiting for him.

 

"Minhyun."

 

"Hey. How was it?" he asked with a smile. Baekho nodded and bobbed his head a little.

 

"We won. Made it to the next round," he said and grinned a little in response.

 

"Great. Another step closer to the championship," Minhyun chirped and Baekho nodded, unsure why they were being so awkward right now. "Oh. You should go in and rest up."

 

"You finished studying for the day?"

 

"Yep. Just... Wanted to see you before I head back home."

 

Baekho blushed and cleared his throat. "I see."

 

"Well, see you then."

 

Baekho grabbed Minhyun's arm and pursed his lips. "Hey... Uh... Ice cream?"

 

"Oh? You're inviting?" 

 

Baekho scoffed but nodded. "I am. Got a problem?" He puffed his cheeks a little and Minhyun giggled. 

 

"No. What about Dongho?" 

 

"Eh... He gets to spend the day with you in school. Can't I get you for myself just for a bit?" Baekho asked, surprising Minhyun since it was usually him who would want to include Dongho. He smiled and shrugged. 

 

"Sure. Let's go." 

 

"Great." The two headed towards the convenience store and bought ice cream before sitting down outside the store to eat it. They tried to keep up small talk to the best of their abilities although their conversation kept faltering until Minhyun decided to ask him about a certain something. 

 

"So... The other day, you know how you two talked about sleeping together?" 

 

Baekho turned red and he coughed a little before nodding. "W-what about it?" 

 

"I... Was just wondering uh... Would you want to be top or bottom?" Minhyun didn't know why he was being so nervous around Baekho but the other's awkwardness wasn't really helping either. 

 

"Oh. Uh... Does t-top mean I'll be the one... To... You know."

 

"Y-yeah."

 

Baekho bit his ice cream and shuddered from the cold. "I... I don't know. I've... Never really thought about it." 

 

"But if you were to think about it now?" 

 

Baekho pursed his lips and looked at Minhyun. "I'll be whatever you want." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"I... I'm not good with all these nor am I experienced so... If you want me to b-b-b..." Baekho felt faint and covered his face. He felt embarrassed about this and to even imagine the two of them in such a situation was mind blowing to him. "I don't know! Gah. What about Dongho?" 

 

"Well... He's fine with either." 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yeah. To him, as long as I'm happy." 

 

"I... I want you to be happy too." 

 

"But I want the two of you to be happy," Minhyun sighed and frowned a little at his dilemma. It wasn't like he was prepared to have things shoved up his . The only thing that's been up there was medicine but even that was uncomfortable. He couldn't bring himself to imagine Baekho or Dongho doing that to him. At least not now. "Maybe we should just leave it to when we actually do it to decide." 

 

Baekho nodded in agreement and they finished up before heading back. Minhyun wished him good luck with their second match and just before he left, Baekho grabbed his arm again. Minhyun was a little surprised at how initiative the other was right now but didn't question it. 

 

"Uh... Um.." 

 

"Do you need something?" Minhyun asked and tilted his head. Baekho blushed and shut his eyes tightly. Minhyun blinked a couple of times in confusion. 

 

"Y-you probably d-did it with Dongho m-more, right?" 

 

"Did what?" Minhyun asked teasingly and Baekho groaned, eyes still closed out of embarrassment now. He was about to reply but Minhyun beat him to it by kissing him gently. Baekho flinched but held onto Minhyun's arms, holding him there. He was trying to improve on being a boyfriend but he wasn't sure how. He has never dated before nor had he liked someone before that. Dongho had. He had caught feelings even before Minhyun appeared in their life. That, he knew. And so he felt left behind somehow. He felt as though Dongho will always have the one up against him. Always the one to notice his feelings first, always the one to act on them too. Always, always first. 

 

He slowly opened his eyes when Minhyun pulled away and did the same. Minhyun smiled and ruffled his hair. 

 

"T-thanks," Baekho whispered and fiddled with his fingers. 

 

"There's no need to thank me for a kiss. Plus you can do it if you want to too. It's not like I'm going to stop you," Minhyun said and kissed Baekho on the cheek too. Baekho gasped and his ears burned as well. 

 

"Does that mean... I... I can get a hug too?" 

 

Minhyun was a little dumbfounded by the question but he laughed and nodded, opening his arms. "Why not?" 

 

"Oh..." Baekho wrapped his arms around Minhyun and snuggled against his chest. "This feels nice." 

 

Minhyun froze, unsure what feels nice. Baekho's warmth? His scent? Everything? Minhyun unconsciously pulled him in tighter, trying to envelope him. He buried his head against Baekho's neck and breathed in. 

 

"Don't I smell stinky?" Baekho mumbled when he heard Minhyun's sniff. 

 

"No. Probably because you exercise often so there's no sweaty scent. Just a pleasant... Baekho scent." 

 

Baekho chuckled. "What kind of smell is that?" 

 

"Mmm... I don't know. Some kind of musky but not stinging smell?" 

 

"Hmmm." 

 

"Ahem-" 

 

Both of them flinched and let go of each other when Minhyun's mother walked up to them. She smiled brightly and they both started making awkward noises while stepping further away. Baekho bowed and hurried back into his house. Minhyun motioned his mother inside sheepishly. 

 

"So it's Baekho?" she questioned and Minhyun flinched. How was he going to answer her? 

 

"Uh... Mum, I need to tell you something but please, please don't freak out."