2

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"He really hates me, doesn't he?" Seungwoo said after the door was shut and it was just the three of them.

 

"Well, if you would stop looking at the president like a flower, maybe he would," Aron chuckled and smiled now that it was just them left. He never really fancied Dongho. Something about him made Aron feel unsettled and he usually trusted his gut feelings.

 

"Alright, you two. Cut it out. You're not here to badmouth my childhood friend." 

 

"It's just facts. We all know that," Aron said and rearranged the documents in front of him. Seungwoo stared pointedly at Aron. 

 

"I don't look at Minhyun like that." 

 

"Sure, you don't."

 

Minhyun sighed and rubbed his temples. "Aron, enough. We both also know who Seungwoo is really into." 

 

Seungwoo turned red and waved his hand. "W-what?!" 

 

"Heh. You think you can hide from us?" Minhyun teased and Seungwoo scowled but recovered quickly. 

 

"And what about you? Which one of the twins are you sleeping with?" Seungwoo jabbed back and Minhyun flinched. 

 

"Eh?! What? Why would I-" 

 

Aron looked intrigued as well. "You don't have to hide anything from us." 

 

"Hide? I'm not! I can't possibly," Minhyun gasped and shook his head. The thought of sleeping with either one of his childhood friends never really occurred to him before. "Enough. We have things to do!" 

 

"Ahh, ahh. Running from the topic again, president??" 

 

+

 

"Yo!" 

 

Baekho smiled and waved as he made his way to the soccer club's ace. The student, otherwise known as Daniel slung his arm around Baekho and grinned. 

 

"You're early today." 

 

"Yeah. My bro got me up." 

 

"You're the younger one, right? Man, it's so hard to remember sometimes." 

 

"What's so difficult about that?" Baekho chuckled and took off his jacket to change into his gym shirt. "Plus he's totally different from me."

 

"Totally. You're so different when you're with us too," Daniel said while doing some warm up stretches. Baekho raised a brow at him as he tied his shoelaces. 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"You didn't notice? You're always scowling a lot when you're in school but around me, you're such a bubbly person," Daniel said and grinned. Baekho blinked. It wasn't the first time the other had told him that but it still catches him off guard because he barely took notice. He didn't mean to scowl but his default expression probably looked like that. Either that or it was just Minhyun. Yeah, he was going to blame his childhood friend for that. 

 

"Do I?" Baekho mumbled and stuffed his jacket into his bag, refusing to dwell on it anymore. 

 

"Let's go. 5 laps around the field."

 

-

 

"President of Chess club, Secretary of Music club, member of newspaper club... Dongho, are you sure you want to join soccer club as well?"

 

"Well, tell me what other sports I can try out then," Dongho asked his friend, Woozi, who was the president of newspaper club and also his classmate.

 

"Why sports? You were never into that before. Ah, let me guess. Its either got something to do with Hwang Minhyun or Kang Baekho, right?"

 

"You already know that so why ask," Dongho sighed and shut his book, not in the mood to continue his work.

 

"Because you're stretching yourself too thin here. If you pick up a sport, you're bound to have to let something else go and what's that going to be? Newspaper club? You can't because you want to write articles of praise for your beloved student president. Music club? Bumzu hyung will stab you if you tried. Chess club? That's...plausible."

 

Dongho grumbled and folded his arms. "But... Chess club is one other thing that Baekho isn't into and I'm actually good at it."

 

"Yes, yes. You did win three championships for it. So there you have it. No sports," Woozi concluded and Dongho sulked. He couldn't stop thinking about Minhyun complimenting broad backs in the morning. Even though he knew Baekho and him looked alike but with the amount of training his brother does in soccer club, he was bound to start losing out in the muscle department.

 

"But what else can I do to get his attention?"

 

~~~

 

"That's all for class today. Make sure to hand in your homework and see you all tomorrow."

 

"Rise. Bow. Thank you, sir. Dismiss."

 

Minhyun yawned and covered his mouth just as Dongho came up to his side, bag all packed and ready to go. Ever since young, they've always tried to walk to school and back home together. Sometimes Baekho was with them, sometimes not since the other took up sports that required him to stay longer but today was a little different.

 

"Shall we get going?" Dongho asked with a bright smile.

 

"Oh. Sorry, Dongho ah. I have to go back to the student council room today so m-"

 

"I'll come with," Dongho cut in a little too quickly. Minhyun blinked and chuckled.

 

"You should go home first. I don't know how long I'll take," He said and stood up, slinging his school bag over his shoulder.

 

"I can wait in the library," Dongho said, trying his luck. Baekho glanced at the two chatting and left the classroom with a small pout since he had soccer practice.

 

"It's fine, really," Minhyun said and patted his shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay?"

 

"Minhyun," Dongho gasped, not wanting them to just part ways like this. "At least let me walk you to the student council room."

 

"That I can accept. Where's Baekho?"

 

"Soccer practice," Dongho replied, definitely taking notice that Minhyun was always concerned about his brother's whereabouts. He get it, they were twins. It was only normal to care about the other since people would always think they were glued to the hip. It used to be that way until that one day. They walked to the student council room and bumped into Seungwoo who just arrived as well.

 

"Ah, pres. You- Geh. You're here too," Seungwoo said, obviously showing his disappointment towards Dongho who frowned behind Minhyun who turned around. He immediately put on a smile again and Minhyun tilted his head.

 

"Seriously. Why don't the two of you get along?" Minhyun sighed.

 

"It's not me. It's him," Seungwoo whined as Dongho went back to glaring at him once Minhyun turned away. Dongho didn't like the secretary at all since he was always in close proximity with Minhyun and not to mention, super chummy with him.

 

"Alright, alright. Enough of that," Minhyun said again, pushing Seungwoo into the room. "Thanks for walking me here. Get home safely, okay?"

 

"Okay. Bye," Dongho said and waved. He watched the door close and sighed. Time to head home, he guessed.

 

"He was definitely glaring at me again!" Seungwoo complained as he tossed his bag onto the chair. Minhyun placed his down and sighed.

 

"Dongho is sweet. He wouldn't do that," Minhyun defended Dongho and sat down.

 

"He's sweet to you for sure," Seungwoo grumbled. "I can barely even have a conversation with him."

 

"What are you trying to say? That Dongho has split personalities," Minhyun said jokingly and Seungwoo gasped.

 

"That must be the case. Or he just really likes you."

 

"Don't be silly," Minhyun responded. The door opened and Aron entered, closing it behind him.

 

"Oh. You're both here."

 

"Well, shall we start with outlining our schedule for the year? We've got several events to prepare for this year," Minhyun asked and the two agreed once Aron took a seat. They proceeded to discuss about the timeline and events that would be carried out for the entirety of the year. 

 

"School festival event. Camping event. Sports event," Aron listed the things they would have to prepare for and the list almost seemed endless for a moment. He had to count the cost of each event too and all the digits made his head spin. 

 

"We can just refer to the costs from last years' for a brief report to give to the teachers." 

 

"Ugh. Why do we have to be the one to plan all this?" Seungwoo muttered absent mindedly as he was the one doing all the reports. Minhyun could only smile slightly as they continued their meeting. 

 

The bell rang again, signifying the closing of the school and they packed up. Minhyun thanked the two for their hard work as they left first. He exited the room and jolted when he found someone there. 

 

"Yo," Baekho said and Minhyun smiled, waving back before locking up. 

 

"It's been awhile since its just the two of us," Minhyun said and Baekho grunted, shifting between his feet. "How's practice?" 

 

"Fine." 

 

Minhyun adjusted his bag and they headed out together. "Well, anything more than just fine?" 

 

"Ugh. What do you want me to say? It was splendid. I managed to kick a strike but then it was also horrible because-" Baekho paused and Minhyun tilted his head when the other stared at him. He waited for Baekho to continue as he looked away and cleared his throat. "Because I fell on my after that." 

 

Minhyun blinked. He coughed as he tried to hold back his laughter. Baekho's face turned red and he growled. 

 

"Don't laugh at me!" 

 

"I was trying not to," Minhyun blurted out and laughed. "Hahaha. Kang Baekho falling on his ." 

 

"Shut it! I shouldn't have said it." 

 

"Why not? Don't want your childhood friend to know that you fell on your ?" Minhyun and Baekho punched his arm. "Ahh. That hurts, you brute." 

 

"Shut up. It wasn't even that hard." 

 

Minhyun grinned and nudged Baekho. "Want to go for ice cream? We can buy one for Dongho too." 

 

"Nnn-" Dongho. Baekho pouted a little. Why the hell did he have to have a twin? Sometimes he felt like things would've gone smoother if he had been a lone child. 

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"Nothing. Let's get it for Dongho, alright," Baekho grumbled and Minhyun patted his back, making him stumble forward. 

 

"Attaboy, Baek." 

 

"Freaking tease," Baekho sneered with red cheeks at Minhyun who smiled. Minhyun liked to hang out with the two of them without a doubt but something had also been nagging him since morning. 

 

And it was all Ong Seungwoo's fault.

 

"That will be 2500 won." 

 

"I'll pay," Minhyun said as he placed the bill down before Baekho could even take his wallet out. 

 

"Hey!" 

 

"It's fine. You can just treat me the next one." 

 

"Fine," Baekho grumbled as he picked up the ice creams instead. They popped the plastic open and started to bite or it. Minhyun stared at Baekho unintentionally as he tried to imagine being more than just friends with him. Baekho his ice cream and slid the entire popsicle inside before pulling it out. Minhyun froze and stopped walking. Baekho noticed and glanced back at him. With the popsicle back in his mouth again, he mumbled, "Minyun?" 

 

"Ah. Its nothing." Minhyun caught up with him and bit his ice cream. "Say, Baekho." 

 

"Hmn?" 

 

"You and your brother..." 

 

"Yeah?" Baekho wiped the sweat off his neck and Minhyun gulped. What is this? "Your ice cream is melting."

 

Baekho grabbed Minhyun's hand and wiped it with his jacket, surprising him. He pulled away and eyes just stared at him widely. "Y-your jacket! Don't use that to wipe my hand. I've got tissues in my bag." 

 

"Oh, right. Sorry, I just-" Baekho frowned as he realised he probably screwed up. Minhyun pulled out his tissue and wiped his hand, quickly away the melting parts. "Uh. What were you saying anyways?" 

 

"Nothing! Just... I'm gonna go home. See you tomorrow. D-Don't sleep in." Minhyun hurriedly entered his house, leaving Baekho alone. Baekho sighed and entered his house, flinching when he saw a pair of eyes trained on him from inside. 

 

"Yah. Don't be such a creep," He snapped at his brother before tossing the ice cream to him. "Treat from Minhyun." 

 

Dongho lit up and grinned. "Thank you. You ate with him?" 

 

"What? Jealous?" Baekho scoffed and threw his ice cream stick away. 

 

"You know I'm always jealous whenever you get to spend time with him." 

 

Baekho put the glass in his hand down and pursed his lips. Of course he knew. Of course.