18

Kang, Hwang, Kang

It only took that little to convince Baekho to climb up the monkey bars until he was on the same level as Minhyun. Minhyun smiled and helped him the rest of the way up.

 

"The world looks so small from up here," he said. Baekho leaned close to Minhyun, holding his sleeve uneasily.

 

"That's cause we are at a kid's park."

 

Minhyun chuckled and nodded. "You're right. Hmm... Let's play a game." 

 

"What game?" 

 

Minhyun opened a candy packet, handing it to Baekho before taking one for himself. "Let's see who can come up with more pick up lines. The topic is playground." 

 

"What kinda stupid game is that?" Baekho chuckled but that didn't mean he wasn't about to play along. 

 

"Okay. I'm going to start. Hmm..." Minhyun looked around before his eyes settled on Baekho. He smirked and leaned closer until their shoulders touched. "Are you a playground? Because I want my kids all over you." 

 

Baekho turned red and nudged him away. "What the... That's horrible and we can't even have kids." 

 

Minhyun laughed and nodded. "It is. Sorry, sorry. Even I'm cringing. Your turn." 

 

"Um..." Baekho rubbed his neck and gasped softly. "I think it should go... Are you my playground? Because that's where my heart is forever." 

 

Minhyun giggled and covered his cheeks. "You can't use back the same question! That's not fair." 

 

"Fine. Hmm... Are you a slide? Because you keep making me fall for you," Baekho tried and Minhyun blushed even more, surprised that Baekho could even come up with something like that. 

 

"Smooth. How come you don't get any girls chasing after you?" Minhyun teased and Baekho shrugged. 

 

"Cause my eyes are only for one person," Baekho muttered. Minhyun smiled sheepishly. 

 

"Okay. My turn. Hmmm... You're like a swing because you always keep me off the ground," Minhyun said before stifling a laughter. "Okay. I give up. I'm horrible at this." 

 

"You are." But Baekho smiled anyways, enjoying their little nonsensical talk anyways. Minhyun glanced at him and leaned closer. Baekho hadn't noticed at first until he wondered why Minhyun had gone so silent. He turned over, jumping when the other's face was just mere inches away. It made him slip by accident and he yelped but Minhyun caught his arm. "Holy crap. I almost died." 

 

"Told you I'll catch you," Minhyun said with a relieved tone. He pulled Baekho up and the other decided that it was safer for him to sit on the lower level instead. "Wanna go for ice cream?" 

 

"Are we getting one for Dongho too?" 

 

"No. Today is just you and me, Baekho," Minhyun said and smiled. Baekho blinked and chuckled softly. 

 

"Okay." Minhyun hopped down from the monkey bars first before holding a hand out. Baekho hopped down after holding his hand and grinned. "I'll always catch you so you don't have to worry." 

 

"Someday I'll be the one to catch you," Baekho said in return and Minhyun blushed, giggling softly. 

 

"Why are you being so smooth now?" Minhyun cooed and gripped Baekho's hand tightly when he felt him pulling away. 

 

"Ah..." Baekho wanted to pull away again but Minhyun pouted so he stopped, following Minhyun timidly as he slowly curled his fingers around his hand as well. "We shouldn't..." 

 

"Why not?" 

 

"Because..." 

 

"Dongho isn't here. What do you have to be afraid of?" 

 

"I... I don't know." Baekho honestly didn't know. This was supposed to be a date yet he kept holding back. Dongho had a great time and while he was also having a good time, he consciously kept trying to avoid bodily contact with Minhyun. He constantly had the unconscious thought that he shouldn't make a move on Minhyun unless Dongho had been rejected. Minhyun sighed and squeezed his hand. They reached the convenience store and picked their usual,making their way home after that. 

 

Instead of heading home, Minhyun pulled Baekho into his home instead. Baekho was surprised but allowed himself to be led in.

 

"I should go home," Baekho said, feeling like it was wrong of him to detour like this.

 

"I have to ask you something. Just for a little longer, please?"

 

Baekho nodded, unable to go against Minhyun's wishes as he was brought straight to his room. Minhyun let his hand go and sat him down on the chair.

 

"Baekho, I'm going to be frank with you because it's easier. I've been thinking too much about it ever since you both asked me out and I've tried again and again to make a choice but I can't come up with a conclusion," Minhyun said and Baekho listened quietly. He nodded, knowing such a decision was tough even if he felt like it was only natural for Dongho to be chosen. "I like you more than Dongho. That's not a lie."

 

Baekho flinched unintentionally and his cheeks became red as he gaped at Minhyun.

 

"I've always looked out for you more because you're like a little brother that I didn't have. I cared for you more and I'm always making sure you weren't left out."

 

Baekho nodded, unsure if this meant he was being chosen or...

 

"But if I were to choose you, you... Dongho... I'll ruin it all. Dongho will never forgive you and you'll forever be burdened by that. I know him just as well as you do and we both know why Dongho is the better choice here." 

 

"Oh... So you'll pick him then?" Baekho concluded and Minhyun gasped. 

 

"No. That's just where my indecision comes in."

 

Baekho blinked and sighed, leaning against the chair. "Then just pick Dongho. You wouldn't have to continue thinking about this." 

 

"Even if I tell you I like you more... This is your decision? Even if you have a chance for something... You'll throw it away?" Minhyun asked and Baekho squeezed his hands. 

 

"You think I want to? You're right. I've always been afraid of Dongho. I can't do anything against him because he's the older one. People like him more than they like me. Even my own parents adore him. Do you really think I don't want to be all o-over you like him? Do you think I d-dont want to hold your hand? I do, I really do. More than anything. I want to be the one by your side b-but..." Baekho hadn't noticed that he had stood up as he spoke, now just barely inches from Minhyun. He stared into Minhyun's eyes and pursed his lips. He moved away and breathed in, looking down at his feet. "But I can't because I don't want to hurt Dongho." 

 

"So you're fine with giving up like this?" 

 

"That's my decision....unless you reject Dongho and he accepts it."

 

Minhyun looked out the window towards Dongho's room. "I don't want to hurt Dongho either."

 

"Lying is going to hurt him when he finds out too," Baekho scoffed and crossed his arms, sitting down again. 

 

"Seungwoo suggested something...," Minhyun started slowly. It was his last resort to avoid any of their relationships going up in flames. If only, he could convince... "A polyamorous relationship." 

 

"What's that?" Baekho asked. Minhyun should have known Baekho wouldn't know. He fidgeted at the thought that he was going to have to explain it to Baekho. He sat down on the bed and breathed in. 

 

"Okay. It's basically an open relationship where... People basically have more than one partner," Minhyun said slowly. Baekho's expression became stiff as he stared at Minhyun. "I know not everyone can accept it and honestly when Seungwoo suggested it, I wasn't fully open to it too but... I like the both of you and asking me to choose... I've said it before, it'll hurt all of us one way or another. This is the only solution I could find." 

 

"So... What you're suggesting is... For us three to all be... In one relationship?" 

 

"Well... Yes." 

 

"That means... I have to date Dongho too?" 

 

Minhyun blinked before laughing. He shook his head. "Technically no. You'll both be dating me." 

 

Baekho scratched his head. "How does that work?" 

 

"Well... Just us three together. I don't think it'll change anything much which is why it feels like the best solution." 

 

"Hmm..." 

 

Minhyun smiled hopefully. Baekho breathed in and out, placing both hands on his nape and tried to think of another way but there wasn't or else he would have think of it by now. Sharing Minhyun with Dongho didn't sound like the worst idea. He was up for trying if Dongho was. Then he gasped and looked at Minhyun. 

 

"You're asking me first because you're afraid Dongho will freak out." 

 

Minhyun chuckled nervously and nodded. "Yeah? I don't even know how to suggest it to him."

 

"We could try...together," Baekho suggested.

 

"So you're up for it?" Minhyun gasped softly. Baekho pursed his lips but nodded.

 

"I... I like you, Minhyun," Baekho confessed softly and nervously. "If this allows me to be with you without hurting Dongho, I want to try."

 

Minhyun stared at Baekho and found his cheeks heating up. "Say that again?" 

 

"I want to try?" 

 

"N-no. Before that." 

 

"If this all-"

 

"No, no. Just before that sentence," Minhyun said. He was certain he hadn't heard wrongly but he wanted to hear it again just to be sure.

 

"I... Uh... What was it I said?"

 

Minhyun pouted and walked up to Baekho, pinching his pink cheeks.

 

"Ack-"

 

"You know what you said!"

 

"I-I like y-you," Baekho stuttered and Minhyun smiled, feeling a sense of warmth within him. He let Baekho go and Baekho sulked, rubbing his cheeks. "Happy now?" 

 

"Who wouldn't be happy hearing the person they like say they like them back?" Minhyun questioned and Baekho shrugged. "Anyways, we aren't in a rush right now and since you know what I plan on doing, I suppose we could try to figure out a way to let Dongho know smoothly."

 

"So a good mood and ice cream?" Baekho replied. Minhyun chuckled and shrugged.

 

"As long as its not at any awkward moment."

 

"Hmmm... Okay. I think I'll go home now. I need to take a bath," Baekho said since he did just leave directly after practice to have the date. Minhyun didn't stop him and nodded. Baekho walked out his room and Minhyun remembered something.

 

"Hey, Baekho. Is there anything you want before you leave?" Minhyun asked since Dongho had wanted a kiss. Baekho looked dumbstruck and tilted his head.

 

"What I want?"

 

"Yeah. Like you know.... To commemorate the date or something?"

 

Baekho thought for a moment before he pulled out his phone. "I uh... Can we... T-take a picture together?"

 

Minhyun blinked. He let out a light laugh and nodded. Of course. What was he expecting from the naive Baekho? "Of course we can. I'll take it since I'm taller." 

 

Baekho nodded and handed his phone to Minhyun sheepishly. Minhyun slid the screen to camera mode and bent down to Baekho's eye level. He smiled to the camera and Baekho blushed but still mustered a quirky smile. Minhyun took it and as quickly as he did, he turned over and kissed Baekho on the cheek while taking another picture. Baekho's smile became stiff and Minhyun laughed, handing him his phone back. 

 

"Send them to me, okay?" Minhyun cooed and Baekho gasped, breaking out from his trance. 

 

"Y-y-you-" He placed a hand on his cheek and Minhyun patted his back. 

 

"Go on home. Take a shower before you get rashes," he said and Baekho squeaked, running away already. He almost tripped and Minhyun gasped but he managed to catch himself. 

 

"I'm okay! S-see you, Minhyun! Thanks for today." 

 

"You too. Thank you," Minhyun said in response as the other charged out from his house. Baekho literally jumped for joy once he was outside and giggled to himself, unable to believe he just got a cheek kiss from Minhyun. Sure his brother got a kiss on the lip but at that moment, it didn't matter to him because he was Baekho and not Dongho.