13

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Dongho was quick to show his displease. Every time he thinks he finally gets Minhyun alone, Baekho appears. It has always been like that, that's why he gets so annoyed by his twin sometimes. Even if Baekho would willingly let him date Minhyun, he still didn't want to give up too. The contradiction between his feelings and Baekho's made Dongho upset but one look at Minhyun's gentle smile and he let out a long breath.

 

"That's great. You really need to catch up with your studies or we are going to end up in different classes next year," Minhyun said as Baekho pulled his books out.

 

"Yeah, yeah. You better give me back my jacket," Baekho muttered as he started going through his homework. Dongho went back to reviewing and Minhyun went back to reading. They spent their time quietly together despite their racing hearts and running minds. Baekho and Dongho glanced at each other, silently throwing glares or smirks as they both inched closer to Minhyun. Minhyun didn't take notice until he felt a little suffocated. He looked up from his book and then at the twins who were right by his sides. 

 

"Um... There's plenty of space for three of us at this table," Minhyun said and they both scooted away with red cheeks. "Also I think we should continue back at your place. It'll be more comfortable for us."

 

"What about this then? After my practice, we can go home together to study," Baekho suggested and Minhyun chuckled.

 

"Someone's excited about this."

 

Baekho scowled and turned away. "I'm n-not. It's just that you barely come over anymore."

 

"Well, my room is comfortable. But anyways I guess that's the plan for now. Let's go." 

 

Minhyun headed out first and the twins bumped each other's shoulders. "You can't even give me this?" 

 

"Are you seriously going to get pissed off cause of this?" Baekho remarked back. Dongho pouted and shook his head. 

 

"You two, don't argue," Minhyun chuckled and tossed Baekho's jacket back to him. "By the way, Baekho, have you decided on when you want to go on that date?" 

 

"E-Eh? N-no..." 

 

"Okay. Your brother and I will be going on ours before Valentine's day." 

 

"I see." Baekho stuffed his hands in his pockets once he had his jacket back on. "We can go after exams during our holidays... Wouldn't want to disturb your studies."

 

"How thoughtful of you," Minhyun chuckled and Dongho pursed his lips. "I'm going to head home straight today though. I'll see you guys tomorrow." 

 

"I gotta go grocery shopping. Do you want to come along?" Dongho asked Baekho as Minhyun picked up his speed. Baekho sighed and shrugged. 

 

"Fine." 

 

The twins walked together side by side towards the supermarket quietly. They had always been eye catching as twins and even more so now with their differences yet similar faces. They had gotten used to the attention that they couldn't really be bothered by it anymore. 

 

"When are mum and dad coming back?" Baekho asked as they picked out items that they liked, throwing them into a shared basket that Dongho held. 

 

"Just a week during our holidays.... That's why, if you want to go on the date then, you better go directly after exams are over or it might clash with family moments," Dongho adviced. Baekho nodded and they both grabbed the same ice cream pack. Baekho let go first but Dongho handed it to him, surprising the younger of the two. Dongho usually never liked giving away what he had chose, not even to Baekho so it surprised him by a lot but he gripped the ice cream and smiled. Maybe being more honest between themselves will help fix this. They only had each other after all since their parents were always out station or somewhere that wasn't home. It wasn't like they had any bad blood or the likes but their father was a marine and their mother a researcher. The two had plenty of experiences going about countries up to the age of 10 before their parents both decided it was time to settle down and that was how they ended up in the house beside Minhyun's family but even then, their parents were mostly not at home. 

 

It was the same for Minhyun except Minhyun's parents work overtime and was barely at home for that reason. It didn't bother the other honestly since they used to stay together until Minhyun's parents were home to either bring the twins home or have a sleepover. 

 

"We haven't slept over at Minhyun's place in a long while," Dongho said as they made their way to the cashier. 

 

"Well, we did grow up and we can take care of ourselves now. It'll be awkward for three teenagers to be camping in a room, don't you think?" 

 

"Hmm... But I miss it." 

 

Baekho nodded in agreement. He missed it too but like he said, they grew up. Things were bound to change eventually and Baekho accepted it. 

 

"Why don't we ask Minhyun if we can sleep over during Valentine's day?" Dongho suggested. 

 

"You could ask," Baekho responded with a shrug as they started to pack the groceries. Dongho nodded and beamed. 

 

"We can play games like before. Relax a little before exams." 

 

"Mmm. Sounds good." 

 

-

 

Minhyun opened his cupboard and scratched his pale neck as he tried to find for something to wear. Fast forward to a few days later and soon, it was already 12th February before anyone realised. They had fallen into a schedule of studying together in the library after school and then back at the twin's once Baekho was done with practice. They either ordered food or the twins, who could both cook, would take turns making something simple for dinner before Minhyun leaves. Dongho decided that 12th would be better for them to spend the day together since he wanted to avoid the number 13 in case it actually was bad luck. Minhyun just went along with it although now he was a bit nervous. He had been able to not think about all these relationship stuff as he drowned himself in his studies but right now, the clock was ticking again. Dongho would press the doorbell anytime soon and Minhyun couldn't figure out what to go with. Ultimately he decided to go with something that might suit what Dongho would wear. A colorful comfortable sweater and regular pants. He just needed to look neat and presentable as always since he knew Dongho probably dressed that way because of him too. 

 

 

Ding dong

 

Speak of the devil. Minhyun smacked his lips and spritz another good amount of perfume before running down the steps to the front door. He opened it and smiled as Dongho stood outside in something Minhyun wasn't expecting from the other at all. 

 

 

A ragged jeans jacket?? Even his hair was a little messy compared to his usual neatly combed hair. He looked... Stylish which wasn't anything Minhyun expected at all. It was different and somewhat refreshing although familiar. Yes, it was very... Baekho. 

 

"Oh wow," Minhyun blurted out and covered his lips in shock. Dongho smiled and sheepishly tapped his fingers together.

 

"Hey. You ready to go?"

 

"Now I feel under dress," Minhyun said and Dongho shook his head.

 

"Not at all! You look wonderful as always."

 

"Yeah but nothing so wow like you... Did you get Baekho to help you? Cause that wouldn't be fair," Minhyun said jokingly as he locked up his house. Dongho chuckled and shook his head.

 

"Actually he offered after seeing what I first wore, saying there was no way he was going to let me leave the house on a date with you looking like a total nerd," Dongho replied honestly and Minhyun laughed.

 

"I trust Baekho's fashion sense so you must've had really dressed up weirdly which I was sort of expecting more of," Minhyun chuckled.

 

"Really? Is my fashion sense that horrible?"

 

"A little on the weird side. That's why I wore this sweater cause I was expecting you to wear something colorful."

 

"Which I actually did at first," Dongho said sheepishly. He had totally picked out several clothes with multiple colors that probably didn't look well together at all. He envied his twin's fashion taste but also nothing ever looked bad on Minhyun too. "So our first stop is of course, breakfast."

 

"Are we going out the entire day?" Minhyun asked since he had no clue what the plan was. He had tried asking but Dongho wanted to keep it a surprise and he let him. 

 

"As long as you don't feel too tired. I know we have been studying quite a lot recently," Dongho replied and Minhyun nodded. They headed towards the train station and Dongho glanced at Minhyun's hand. This was his date, right? So it was only right if he could... "Minhyun, could I hold your hand today?" 

 

"Sure." The student council president turned towards Dongho and smiled. He held his hand out and Dongho beamed, blushing slightly as he held Minhyun's hand. It felt like a dream come true in that moment and his heart skipped with joy. 

 

"Thank you." Dongho couldn't stop smiling and he became a chatterbox unintentionally as he started telling Minhyun about random facts that he had read up on. Minhyun listened intently and responded with few words. He remembered the last time Dongho was such a chatterbox was a long time ago when they had just finished their first biology lesson at the beginning of the term and he started going on and on about the body and how amazing it was until a classmate said that he was noisy. Minhyun remembered him shutting up and becoming more toned down ever since then but today, it felt like his old habit had surfaced and it couldn't make Minhyun any happier. "Ah. I was rambling so much. Why didn't you stop me?" 

 

"Hmm? I like to hear what you have to say. All your random facts and stuff that you know," Minhyun replied him. Dongho bit his lip slightly. 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yeah. I don't think you're noisy or annoying when you do that, Dongho. I find it interesting. There's so many things that you know that I don't." 

 

Dongho blushed a little more and he grinned. Minhyun smiled and poked his cheek, making him flinch. 

 

"And here I thought you don't blush as much as- ah..." Minhyun didn't finish his sentence as he just smiled. 

 

"But it's you. I can't help it." Dongho squeezed Minhyun's hand, still nervous that he was able to do this openly and that Minhyun wasn't pulling away. Instead his fingers were firmly wrapped around Dongho's as well. They reached the cafe and Dongho made the order for them as well while Minhyun picked a seat by the window. He pulled out his phone and took a picture of Dongho who was walking over with the tray of food and drinks. "What are you smiling at?" 

 

"Nothing." Minhyun put his phone aside, not about to let it distract him from the date as he only wanted to take pictures of Dongho. "I'm just happy we get to spend time like this."

 

Dongho chuckled softly and handed him his pancakes and grapefruit ade. "Me too. I didn't think you would accept to go on a date with me honestly." 

 

"Who do you think I am?" Minhyun chuckled along. "Even just as friends, hanging out with you is always pleasant." 

 

"Even after what I did or say?" 

 

Minhyun reached over and flicked his forehead, making him wince. "Yah. If that was enough to scare me away, I wouldn't be friends with you for 6 years. Idiot. You an- Yeah, idiot." 

 

Dongho smiled sheepishly and started to eat. Minhyun started to eat too, enjoying the pancakes as they both had a light conversation which didn't have a fix topic. Not that either of them mind. They had a comfortable silence between them but for some what reason, Dongho found himself unable to shut up in Minhyun's presence. Maybe he just wanted to share more things with Minhyun or he wanted the other to talk to him more.