21

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Now that that's out in the open, let's tackle something else," Minhyun said nervously as it was his turn. Dongho sat down and sniffled before nodding. Baekho handed him a tissue and Dongho took it thankfully. "Dongho, Baekho and I talked about this after our date. I was trying to figure out when to tell you and I was hoping we could clear it up before our holiday ended but I never expected Baekho to lock himself away."

 

"I'm sorry," Baekho mumbled and Minhyun shook his head.

 

"You gave me the time to think this through. I saw how hurt you were when Baekho yelled at you that night and how you spent the holiday regretting and crying. It made me feel hurt too."

 

Baekho jolted and turned to Dongho who hid his face. He didn't know Dongho did that. Maybe he really should have thought twice before snapping next time. He hurt both the people he had tried his hardest not to because of his own childishness. 

 

"So... I've decided that I would like to date both of you."

 

Dongho looked at Minhyun with an utterly confused expression. "B-both of us?" 

 

"Yes. There's this thing called a polyamarous relationship?" 

 

"I've heard of it," Dongho replied and Minhyun let out a relieved sigh. "But..." Dongho looked at Baekho. "That would mean sharing, right?" 

 

"Well, yes, of course. Baekho already said he was down to try if you are and so here we are."

 

"But...don't you like Baekho more?" Dongho asked carefully and Minhyun breathed in. 

 

"I do," he replied honestly. "But you've always been by my side too and it feels wrong to not be with you until the end." 

 

"Are you pitying me?" Dongho blurted out and Minhyun shook his head calmly. Take it slow, he told himself. Dongho would get riled up but if you just take it slow... 

 

"I truly want to be with the both of you. I know I sound selfish right now but losing either one of you would hurt too much." 

 

Dongho rubbed away his tears and sat up straight. "You agreed to this, Baekho?" 

 

"Yes... It'll give me a chance to be with Minhyun and... Maybe it'll help fix our relationship too." 

 

"But..." Dongho became conflicted. All these while, he thought it would only be possible for one of them to date Minhyun. He never considered the idea of the two of them dating Minhyun at the same time. He knew how much Baekho loved Minhyun too but to think Minhyun was suggesting it to him... "Will it work?" 

 

"We have to try to know," Minhyun replied and smiled. "Please, Dongho? We can try for a month or so. If you can't handle it or don't like it, we will work things out together again." Minhyun was trying to be hopeful but judging from the look on Dongho's face, he became unsure. 

 

"So... How would we do this?" Dongho asked softly. "I'm not saying I completely support the idea but if the two of you want to try... I can't say no." 

 

Both Baekho and Minhyun gasped and turned to each other. Minhyun beamed and Baekho awkwardly gaped. 

 

"You really won't mind?" Baekho asked and Dongho shrugged. 

 

"I can't always be selfish... Right? Plus we know Minhyun for the same amount of years...and we have liked him the same." 

 

Minhyun let out a relieved sigh and leaned back against the couch. "Thank goodness." 

 

"Why do you look so stressed out?" Dongho chuckled softly. 

 

"We were sure you would freak out," Baekho replied and Dongho hummed. 

 

"As long as Minhyun wants it, I'll do it," Dongho said clearly and Minhyun stiffened. He looked down and nodded. That was right. He forgot about that. Dongho would do anything for him. "In any case, this means we are both your boyfriends now, right?" 

 

Minhyun gasped and blushed. "W-well... I... I suppose so. Please take care of me." Minhyun bowed and the other two did the same. In Minhyun's mind, this was too easy. He felt Dongho was hiding how he actually felt but decided not to pry. It was good for him and Baekho after all. 

 

"So... Can we sit next to you then? And we can also hold your hand, right? And kiss you?" Dongho asked. The gears in his mind on the move right now as he stood up. 

 

"E-eh?" 

 

"I mean... We are boyfriends so..."

 

"Oi. Slow down, Dongho," Baekho snapped and grabbed his brother's sleeve. "We should go home for today. Let Minhyun rest." 

 

Dongho glanced at Baekho and sighed. "Okay. Then we will take our leave." 

 

Minhyun nodded and stood up, showing them out as they grabbed their bags and headed out. Once they bade each other goodbye and the door was shut, Minhyun let out a relieved sigh. Remind self to thank Baekho later. He knew Dongho moved fast but that fast? He wasn't sure if his heart could take it. 

 

"Don't you want the same too, Baekho?" Dongho asked once they were behind closed doors. 

 

"The same what?" 

 

"Kissing Minhyun. Having . Hugging him. Whispering sweet nothings." 

 

Baekho's face became beet red as he stepped back with a horrified expression. He covered his red ears and shook his head. "I- what--You-" 

 

"Don't act all naive. Surely you have ed to him before, haven't you?" Dongho said and Baekho yelped, covering his face. 

 

"W-what are you saying?!! I-I could never!!" 

 

"So you don't want to do anything with Minhyun then? Then why are you even trying so hard?" 

 

"I... Its not that I don't want to... I just-" 

 

"Too shy? Too embarrassed? It's not like he hasn't seen you before," Dongho teased and Baekho grunted. 

 

"Why are you teasing me?" 

 

"Because I'm frustrated..." 

 

Baekho pursed his lips and tilted his head. 

 

"At myself. I knew I was hurting you but I couldn't stop. Not until Minhyun told me off and not until you yelled at me too. And yet... The both of you still thought about me, cared about me. Minhyun would have gone out with you if it wasn't for me, right? I'm the one who doesn't deserve this," Dongho said, finally letting his tears flow in front of Baekho. They were angry tears. Baekho walked over to Dongho and embraced him again. Dongho cried against his twin's shoulder and trembled. He tried to act strong and nonchalant in front of Minhyun but he was shaking and seething on the inside. He felt like such an and a walking contradiction. 

 

"Change takes time, Dongho," Baekho whispered and snuggled against his twin. "I need to be better too... So I can stand beside Minhyun proudly like you do everyday. I'm afraid of losing you too. That's why I agreed to it. Neither of us wants to lose you, Dongho."

 

Dongho clung onto Baekho's blazer and sobbed. Baekho let him cry to his heart's content, feeling himself tear up as a side effect but didn't let it bother him. "I don't deserve you guys..."

 

"I don't think I do either. But hey, at least, now... We can work together to figure it out. Yeah?" 

 

Dongho slowly moved away and nodded. "Yeah..."

 

"Lets promise each other that we will do our best to keep Minhyun happy this time, Dongho." Baekho held out his pinky and the memories of all their old promises flooded Dongho's mind. "I can't say we won't fight but let's just be fair to each other. Minhyun is giving us this chance." 

 

Dongho sniffled and nodded, wrapping his pinky around Baekho's. "Promise... Also... I'm sorry about your blazer. I'll help you wash it." 

 

Baekho looked at the tear stain and chuckled. "No fret. This just gives me a reason to wear my jacket to school again." 

 

Dongho laughed along and nodded, wiping away his tears. "Baekho... About mum and dad... I'll talk to them if you want and you really didn't have to go that far with your hair."

 

"Huh... Its okay. I'll figure it out. I'll definitely tell them myself. I... I told you, I want to be better. And if Minhyun thinks it's better for me to look like a good boy, then I will." 

 

"We really are just ers for Minhyun," Dongho said with a strained laugh. Baekho patted his back and shrugged. 

 

"Go wash up. You look horrible." 

 

+

 

But it was a struggle for the twins. 

 

Baekho had never felt more tired before this even when he pushed himself during soccer practice. The number of people finding for Dongho did not lessen but only increased as the seniors prepared for their yearly camping trip and the juniors had to make sure the clubs could still run as is. Sometimes he just gave in and helped them but then they would realise he was Baekho and avoid him like fish parting from a boat passing through. It wasn't like they meant to do it in purpose but the rumors had travelled far and wide to most years and even Baekho was surprised at how many people thought he was a delinquent. 

 

"Hey, Dongho! Will you be signing up for this year's competition? I've got an article spot opened up and waiting just for you." 

 

"Competition?" Baekho responded curiously. He didn't know Dongho joined competitions. 

 

"Yeah. Why are you giving me that look? You joined every year, didn't you?" 

 

Baekho stared at the shorter male who frowned back at him. He didn't recognize this student but then again, he didn't recognize most of them who approached him. 

 

"Why are you looking at me like you don't know me? Woozi. I'm Woozi. Did you knock your head somewhere and lose all your memories?" the shorter male hissed and Baekho flinched. Woozi squinted and leaned closer before gasping. "Kang Baekho? Oh . I'm sorry. I thought you were Dongho." 

 

Baekho shrugged. "Everyone else thought so too." 

 

"No, I mean I'm real sorry. Dongho mentioned that you really hated to be mistaken as him," Woozi said and bowed before waving. "Well, I'm going to find the real Dongho now." 

 

Baekho waved back and was a little surprised that Dongho mentioned that to someone else. He made his way back to class and laid his head on the desk, feeling worn out. 

 

"Hey." 

 

He flinched and turned around to find Minhyun smiling at him. As if he was being recharged, he felt a little better.

 

"Hey," he mumbled and glanced at the empty desk beside Minhyun. "Someone else caught him?" 

 

"Well... Yeah. I didn't think Dongho was this popular either," Minhyun replied, glad to see Baekho was talking to him normally. "I mean, even the computer club is seeking his help. It's just weird how so many clubs he isn't even in either are finding him." 

 

"Mmm." Baekho looked at Minhyun and felt his lips twitch. He felt like smiling since he still couldn't believe that they were actually boyfriends now. They even walked to school holding hands although the moment they spotted a fellow student, Minhyun didn't hesitate to pull away but he didn't mind. Holding hands when they were already grown ups felt like a miracle to him. He never thought they would be able to be like before and even more. 

 

"You're staring," Minhyun said and grinned. Baekho blushed and turned away. 

 

"N-not." 

 

Minhyun giggled and was interrupted by a presence looming beside his table. At first he thought it was Dongho but then was caught off guard by Jonghyun instead. 

 

"Oh. Hello." 

 

"Hi," Jonghyun replied with a sweet smile. Baekho glared at Jonghyun unintentionally but kept himself mostly hidden. "You're the student council president, right, Minhyun sshi?" 

 

"Yes. Is there anything that you need?" 

 

"Uh.... I wanted to know if you know for the camping trip, are all the classes in this year going?" 

 

"Well yes. Usually it's us second years and several third year seniors joining us." 

 

"Cool. Do you know how the teams get picked?" 

 

"Uh... Usually its by lot but most students switch around to be in the same groups as their friends so we actually have the students write down a group of 5 people and the ones who aren't in a group in the end will be split evenly with the seniors," Minhyun explained. Jonghyun beamed and nodded. 

 

"Thank you. Dongho was right. I could count on you."

 

Minhyun blushed a little since he liked being depended on and being told so made his heart flutter a little.