17

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Exam week went by without the three of them addressing their relationship as they focused more on their studies. Spending everyday after school at the twin's house, studying. Neither of the twins mentioned much about their relationship either, not wanting to strain their friendship for now but after that conversation with Baekho, Minhyun felt torn again. 

 

It was the last day of exam and also the day he was supposed to have his date with Baekho but there he was, sitting on the school bleachers and staring at the male running across the field with his teammates. It was a last minute decision made by the soccer team to have practice and Baekho couldn't say no. At least, he wasn't alone as the sound of crunching echeod beside him. 

 

"Can't you eat quieter, Seungwoo?" Minhyun sighed and the secretary pouted slightly. 

 

"I'm sorry. Crackers are meant to be crispy and crunchy, you know. Also why are you being so down? Exams are over. You should be happy for now. Holidays start soon too," the male said cheerfully. 

 

"Maybe because you... You made me too conscious about certain people and now said certain people have also started making their moves and everything is just a mess!" Minhyun blamed the other while scowling. 

 

"You're making the face Dongho always make at me," Seungwoo chuckled and Minhyun scoffed. "And now it's the twin running on the field. Come on. Spill the beans. What's going on?" 

 

Minhyun frowned at his... Friend for a moment before telling him about the recent happenings between him and the twins. "I made my decision actually." 

 

Seungwoo almost choked on the cracker but managed to push it down with water. "You did? And then?" 

 

"But... One of them asked me to pick the other so that he would be happy because he's happiest with me but how could I..." 

 

Seungwoo gulped and rubbed his damp lips. He looked at Minhyun who stared at Baekho and sighed. He didn't think the student council president would look so torn over relationships but he guessed he would too if his childhood friends were to make him choose between them. It wasn't something he could relate to but he tried to understand. "So uh... Who did you want to choose?" 

 

"Baekho," Minhyun said honestly, somehow feeling a sting in his heart as he finally said his choice out to someone. 

 

"But you kissed Dongho or well you let him kiss you." 

 

"Because I realised during our date that... Dongho would make a wonderful boyfriend. He's caring and loving and attentive to my needs too. The date was definitely what I would call a success." 

 

"But Baekho... Wants you to date Dongho even though you would choose him?" 

 

"He doesn't know that I would choose him. He just wants Dongho to be happy and I know... Dongho will be happy if I did pick him and I want him to be happy too," Minhyun sighed as he leaned against the bleachers. "And I do like Dongho too... Just maybe a bit different than Baekho. I don't know! It's all confusing to me. I like them for different things but is it even possible to like two people romantically at one time?" 

 

Seungwoo saw what the problem was right now but how to rectify it was another thing. "So you like both of them now?"

 

"I've always liked both of them as friends. Until they both spilled their feelings for me and now it's like... I have to pick because it's just... Odd to not do so? Not... Normal? And I liked Baekho a little more once I realised my own feelings but Dongho would definitely be the smarter choice here."

 

"So...just pick Baekho then?" 

 

"Did you not hear what I say at all?" 

 

"Yeah but this is about who you like too so if you like Baekho more, why not just pick him and be over it?" 

 

"Because it'll hurt Dongho and... It'll hurt me to see him sad." 

 

"But if you pick Dongho?" 

 

"Then... Then I don't know... I really don't. It'll hurt me and Baekho as well." 

 

Seungwoo rolled his eyes and sat up. "Okay. What about this? Just putting it out there. You suggest a... Polyamorous relationship." 

 

Minhyun gave the secretary a are-you-kidding-me face and Seungwoo sighed. 

 

"I'm just trying to help and if they agree, then all the better, you won't have to pick. You get the best of both worlds. Nobody gets hurt." 

 

"That's the worst." 

 

"I don't see how that's terrible considering you like two person at the same time and they both like you back too. I mean, sure, they're twins but... Is it really that bad when you're wrecking your head over this? That feels much worse to me." 

 

"Now you put that idea in my head," Minhyun grumbled. 

 

"Look. You can grumble and complain all you want but let's face the honest truth, you're never going to be able to choose and you'll just hurt yourself ultimately for pushing both of them away. You'll lose them both and that would be the worst of the worst."

 

Minhyun knew Seungwoo was right but a polygamy? That just felt wrong on so many levels as well. It was almost equivalent to running away except the path is to charge straight into both the twins instead. A tempting thought but not one Minhyun wanted to give into, not with his moral compass. What would the twins think of him then? 

 

"Speaking of which, you and Daniel are official now?" Minhyun asked, switching topics but that seemed to be an equally sensitive topic and Seungwoo's expression fell. 

 

"Official? Nothing of the sort. He wants to concentrate on soccer so... Let's just say we are fling buddies which but its better than nothing." 

 

"Didn't you confess?" 

 

"Um... A bit of an odd happening. I confessed and he just said thanks." 

 

Minhyun blinked. "What." 

 

"Yeah. I didn't get a proper response but next thing I know, we are kissing and having and... Maybe... He just sees me as a friend."

 

Minhyun didn't know what to think. He honestly thought Seungwoo was dating Daniel with how close they have been but that didn't seem to be the case which really fascinated him at the same time since the one person he thought would have a normal relationship turned out to be another messy one too. Aron's relationship didn't seem to be going anywhere too, last they heard of it. They stopped chatting when Baekho finally came over along with Daniel. 

 

"Sorry that you had to wait," Baekho said worriedly but Minhyun shook his head as he got down from the bleachers. Baekho's arm twitched as if it was ready to catch Minhyun if he tripped again but thankfully he didn't. 

 

"I know you guys want to go to the nationals so holding you back wouldn't be the right choice," Minhyun said and smiled. Baekho nodded and adjusted his strap nervously. Daniel eyed the two before catching Seungwoo with a headlock, pulling his chin up and pressing a gentle kiss on his lips. The three males excluding Daniel blushed furiously from the kiss. Seungwoo gasped and slapped Daniel's arm as he couldn't breathe. 

 

"I missed you," Daniel chuckled and Seungwoo rolled his eyes. Minhyun found it hard to believe they really weren't dating with how clingy Daniel was right now.

 

"No, you don't." 

 

"I did. Anyways, let's go back, shall we? See you tomorrow, Baekho." 

 

"Ah. Okay. See you," Baekho replied and waved back. Minhyun bowed as well. 

 

"That was a bold move," Minhyun said and chuckled awkwardly. Baekho nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets naturally. "So where are we off to?" 

 

"Oh. Uh... To town?" 

 

"Alright." 

 

-

 

They walked side by side as Baekho led Minhyun to a street lined with rows after rows of hawker stalls and fast food stops. Minhyun was rather fascinated since again, he wouldn't have come to this sort of place if he was by himself. 

 

"Just tell me if you want to try anything," Baekho said coolly and Minhyun smiled, approaching him a little closer and nudging his shoulder. Baekho looked at the other and hurriedly averted his gaze, cheeks slowly gaining a new shade of color after he had cooled down from soccer practice earlier. 

 

"You don't want to hold my hand?" Minhyun asked since that was like the first question Dongho asked him right off the bat. Baekho gasped and became squirmish. 

 

"I-I'm sweaty. You don't like that," Baekho mumbled and kept his hands in his pockets. Minhyun chuckled softly and wrapped his arm around Baekho instead, making him flinch and step away but Minhyun held him close. 

 

"Come on. Don't be shy. It's a date. A date," he cooed and Baekho tried not to scowl as he wanted to smile instead. He always hid his expression from Minhyun and frankly, he didn't know why anymore. He used to do it because he was embarrassed that Minhyun might find out his feelings but now that he did know, shouldn't he just express himself freely? Yet it stuck to him like a habit now, holding back his emotions even if he was feeling absolutely giddy and shaky in the inside. "I want to try that." 

 

"En... Okay." 

 

"Make sure you don't hide if you want to try anything either. We can share the food and that way, try a lot more stuff." 

 

"Yeah." 

 

Baekho tried to loosen up as they walked along the street but soon, he found himself pulling Minhyun around instead as they headed from one stall to the next, trying out weird stuff that either turned out delicious or straight up horrible. Still, the surprise was always welcoming to them. 

 

"You've got something on your face," Minhyun said to Baekho whose first instinct was to immediately wipe it with his sleeve but Minhyun caught his hand. 

 

"Woah. What did I say about wiping with your sleeve?" 

 

"Tsk. Don't nag me right now. Plus I'll wash it when I get back," Baekho huffed but tried to his lips clean instead. Minhyun laughed a little from how different the twins' reactions were from one another. He took a tissue and wiped it clean instead. Baekho blushed and cleared his throat. "Sorry I'm not as clean as Dongho." 

 

"What's there to be sorry for? No one asked you to be like Dongho," Minhyun said and Baekho nodded, smiling sheepishly. 

 

"So you're fine that I'm not like him?" 

 

"It's better that you're not. Dongho has his own quirks and so do you." 

 

Baekho tightened his arm muscles as he scooted closer to Minhyun. He was over the rainbows today, being able to hang out with Minhyun on a date like this. He never really imagined what it would be like before since he didn't want to give himself such false hope but he never thought it'll make him this crazy happy. He found it difficult not to smile either with Minhyun's laughter ringing in the air every so often. He felt light hearted despite the constant nagging thought in his mind too. "So... Did you give it some thought about what I said during the sleep over?" 

 

"Baekho... We are on a date now. I don't think we should bring that up," Minhyun said, feeling the sting in his chest again. Baekho nodded and continued munching on the sausage. 

 

"Mmm.... Can we go to the playground we used to visit before this?" Baekho asked and Minhyun nodded. 

 

"Of course." 

 

Although they didn't speak as much, Minhyun found the silence between them comfortable. He knew he liked Baekho more but now Baekho's words were stuck in his mind too. He didn't know how willing he was to be with either of them for the rest of their life as opposed to both of them. He always thought they would always be friends but now things were different. He let go of Baekho's arm once they reached and he climbed up the monkey bars to the highest level while Baekho stayed down there. Minhyun stared down at him and waved. 

 

"Come on up." 

 

"You know I'm afraid of heights." 

 

"I'll catch you if you fall. Come on."