12

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Minhyun was stunned after Baekho just left the room without clarifying anything but then again, it wouldn't be the first time he had done that. Unlike Dongho, Baekho gets embarrassed easily and he starts to hide or run away to avoid such situations. Minhyun could roughly guess it had something to do with his actions from earlier but still, it didn't stop him from being surprised. Talking to Baekho was mostly easy but when it came to actions, despite how the other was more active physically, he sure ran away faster too. He sat on his bed and realised he still had Baekho's jacket on. He glanced at the window and pursed his lips. He could wait until tomorrow to return it. He pulled them up to his face and chuckled softly. Minhyun wondered if there was something wrong with him. Throughout the 6 years he had spent with them, he didn't think he would ever look at them differently yet it barely even took a couple of weeks for everything to seem to go haywire between the three of them suddenly. Minhyun knew his feelings after giving it some thorough thinking but telling it to them wouldn't be easy and frankly, he doubted Dongho would accept it either. He just had to find the right words to express the way he felt towards the two twins but he could take it slow for now. After all, he was talking about two people here, not one.

 

+

 

Minhyun came out of his house and was surprised to see only Dongho there. He still smiled and waved though, jacket hanging over his arm.

 

"Good morning, Dongho. Where's Baekho?"

 

"He left just now. I told him to give us some time alone today. Is that okay?" Dongho asked carefully and Minhyun nodded.

 

"Of course."

 

Dongho noticed it of course. The confidence that ran in Minhyun's tone again. It made him smile as he realised that the confusion had probably been cleared in Minhyun's mind but it also made him scared. "Oh and your blazer. We had it washed after I had to claw it out from Baekho's hands yesterday. He just didn't want to take it off." He handed the paper bag to Minhyun who kept it in his bag since he had extra blazers anyways. 

 

"Oh. Thank you. He didn't have to. Maybe this will make him wear the blazer to school instead of the jacket," Minhyun said and gasped. "Maybe it would."

 

"Please don't give him your blazer. It'll make me really jealous," Dongho said with a bright smile. Minhyun laughed and patted Dongho's back.

 

"I can exchange one with you too if that helps."

 

Dongho blinked in surprise and he paused in his tracks. Minhyun glanced at him and cocked his head.

 

"Dongho?"

 

"Huh? Oh. Sorry. I'm just a little surprised." 

 

"Surprised? Why?" 

 

"It's just... You're back to being you again." 

 

Minhyun chuckled. "What's that supposed to mean?" 

 

Dongho shook his head and smiled, continuing to walk alongside Minhyun. "Nothing. I'm just glad." 

 

"So? Have you decided when you want to go on the date? Our first exams are coming soon and I do hope that won't distract you from your studies," Minhyun said. 

 

"Valentine's day. That's soon, right? February 14. I was hoping we could go before that. Like 13 or 12."

 

"Oh? Any particular reason?" 

 

"Just something Baekho said yesterday. But I think he would want to spend Valentines day with you too so maybe the three of us could spend it together if that's alright with you." 

 

"I don't see why not. So 12 or 13, it is." 

 

Dongho nodded and looked at Minhyun's hand. He wanted to hold it just as he had held Minhyun's arm but held back. He can wait for a little longer. Let Minhyun be the one initiating it instead. He knew he shouldn't be too forceful or pushy since that seemed to have the opposite effect on Minhyun but he just found it hard not to act on impulse sometimes even though people thought he was the calmer one of the two but frankly, he wasn't. He was just as impulsive and maybe even more than his twin. "Minhyun, about yesterday, I heard you saw me and Jonghyun in my room." 

 

"I did. What about it?" Minhyun replied with an almost nonchalant tone. It made Dongho's skin crawl somehow to see that Minhyun didn't seem as bothered as he thought the other would be when Baekho told him Minhyun had been upset. 

 

"It's nothing. He's going out on a date with Minki and he just wanted to know what was cool around here so he asked me." 

 

"Minki? That guy clinging to Baekho recently?" Minhyun asked and Dongho nodded. "Wow. Didn't he just shift in recently? And he's already going after one of the most popular guys in school?" 

 

"That's not all. I heard your treasurer is after Minki too."

 

"Aron? He is. He's been after Minki for awhile now but never really had the guts to go for it."

 

"So now that someone else is making the moves on him, he's going for it too?" Dongho questioned and Minhyun nodded nonchalantly. Dongho stared at the student council president, his childhood friend and breathed in. "Minhyun."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You made a choice?" Dongho asked directly. He was way too nervous about this right now. He really wanted to know because he knew Minhyun and if Minhyun had become lax and even going along with him, that meant he had come to a decision. Minhyun chuckled and shrugged. 

 

"Don't we still have dates to go?" Minhyun responded with a question. Dongho bit his lip. 

 

"Do I have a chance?" 

 

"Don't you both?" 

 

"Minhyun, please." 

 

"Dongho, you know me. I won't leave you two hanging," was the response he got instead. "At least until I hear your replies." 

 

"Didn't you say you like Baekho more already?" Dongho said and squuzed his bag strap. 

 

"I did but that doesn't mean you don't get a chance and the reason why I like Baekho more would be unfair to you." 

 

"Will you tell me?" 

 

"Not right now. Now.... We should just enjoy life together as it is, right?" Minhyun smiled and stretched as they reached the student council room. "I'll see you later." 

 

Dongho wasn't satisfied with that, of course. He held Minhyun's wrist and stopped him. "Um... For exams, can we study together like before? Maybe in the library... Or at our place after school." 

 

"Sure."

 

Dongho let Minhyun go and smiled. "Great. I'll see you in class." Any more time he got to spend with Minhyun was a win for him. He knew he had probably scared Minhyun slightly the previous time but he seemed to be taking it well so maybe... Just maybe he felt like he still had some chance. 

 

-

 

Baekho couldn't look Minhyun in the eye. After all, he was the idiot who ran away from his room but Minhyun was shaking his jacket like some bait in front of him. He tried to snatch it back but Minhyun lifted his arm. Baekho pouted and turned away childishly. Minhyun chuckled and sat down in his seat. Dongho just smiled watching the two. Minhyun tilted Baekho's chair back, startling the male. 

 

"If you want your jacket back, join us later. Dongho and I will be studying in the library after school," Minhyun said and Baekho turned to Dongho.

 

"But I have.... Soccer," Baekho murmured and Minhyun hummed.

 

"I guess you do," He said with a shrug. Baekho was confused but bounced back forward since Minhyun let the chair go. What on earth was Minhyun up to now? He would skip soccer in a heartbeat if it was to his twin from getting a heads up in being with Minhyun but he had made a promise with his soccer members that they would bring the seniors to the nationals. Was Minhyun testing him? Baekho didn't know and he didn't want to ask either.

 

"Hey, Dongho."

 

"Ah. Morning, Jonghyun."

 

"So, listen here," Jonghyun said as he scooted closer to Dongho once he was seated. "Minki said yes to the plan! Thank you for helping me plan. I wish you luck with the president too."

 

Dongho grinned and nodded. "Thanks. You too." He was glad Jonghyun was supporting him. They had a rather lengthy talk the previous day about relationships and stuff like that. He got along with Jonghyun better than he expected but he knew that was because Jonghyun had his sights set on someone else already. He wasn't a competitor but might even be useful if he needed a friend.

 

Lessons went by as usual. The lectures, the bells. Rinse and repeat until the day was over. Baekho left for soccer in the end and Dongho went to the library with Minhyun. Minhyun wasn't upset that Baekho didn't pick him over soccer. He already knew Baekho would since he had a strong goal this year. 

 

"Is there anything you don't know or can't catch up with in class?" Minhyun asked naturally as they started reviewing their lessons together.

 

"I think I'm good with everything so far," Dongho replied but then paused. "Uh...."

 

Minhyun noticed Dongho searching hard for something, anything that he couldn't understand at all. He laughed a little. "It's fine if you do. That's great then."

 

"But I wanted to have you teach me something...," Dongho whined as he sighed as well. "Then I can daydream to your voice." Dongho looked at Minhyun who smiled and shrugged.

 

"Nobody asked you to be such a genius, Dongho," Minhyun teased and Dongho smiled back. He stared at Minhyun's features, taking it in as the other read a history book. Dongho admired Minhyun's tenacity. His endurance. Perseverance. Everything that Minhyun was. He had wanted to be like that for the longest time too, to be like Minhyun but then it started changing one day and now he wanted to be someone suitable for Minhyun even though he wasn't sure what kind of person that would be. But if he did like Baekho more, maybe Baekho was the person he should be. "You're staring."

 

Dongho flinched slightly and turned back to his book, cheeks tinted the lightest of pinks. "Sorry."

 

"No, no. It's fine. Something on your mind?"

 

"I can't stop thinking... That you would choose Baekho over me," Dongho said honestly. Minhyun hummed and flipped the page.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes... How should I put it? He seems more.... Fitted with you even though I try everything I could to be by your side. But with Baekho, you're just so naturally beside him. I... My jealousy towards him made me push him away. He told me yesterday that I don't care for him... And maybe I really didn't anymore ever since I started to realise my brother was possibly my biggest rival. I've done a lot of things to him that I wish I could take back."

 

"Are you going to make up for it then?" Minhyun asked and Dongho let his shoulders droop.

 

"I don't know if I could, Minhyun. I love you a lot... Losing you to Baekho... Won't hurt as much as losing you to someone else but it'll definitely still leave an impact on me."

 

Minhyun flicked Dongho's ear and the other flinched, rubbing his ear. "Ow."

 

"Really... You're both such idiots," Minhyun said. "Losing the both of you is the last thing I want too, you know. You're not each other's rivals but each other's best friends."

 

Dongho blinked and chuckled. "You're right. Really... What happened to us..." Or me. What happened to me is the more accurate question, Dongho thought as he finished up his revision.

 

The library door opened and Baekho stormed towards them both, panting heavily as he had ran all the way there after practice was over. He was still sweating heavily too as he sank into the seat beside Minhyun, head collapsed on the table.

 

"Baekho? What about practice?" Dongho asked since Minhyun was stunned to see his twin as well. Baekho took a long deep breath and sat up.

 

"It ended earlier. The others agreed... Since... Exams are coming up that we will have shorter practices so I get to join you guys for studies."