4

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Today too?" Dongho whined.

 

"I'm really sorry. I know it's just the beginning of the year but the teachers are already hogging us to do the reports for them," Minhyun apologised to Dongho for being unable to walk home with him again. 

 

"Aren't they relying on you guys too much?" Dongho mumbled and Minhyun sighed as they headed to the student council room, Baekho already long gone to his soccer practice. 

 

"Well, that's normal, isn't it?" Minhyun replied with a thin smile. "But at least we are hanging out together on the weekend, right?" 

 

"Yeah... Minhyun."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I..."

 

"Oh, Minhyun. Heading to the student council room?" a teacher said as they crossed paths.

 

"Ah, yes, I am."

 

"Good. I'll be joining you guys today. That'll be fine, right?"

 

Minhyun smiled and nodded. "Sure. Well, get home safe, Dongho. I'll see you later."

 

Dongho nodded and smiled, waving to Minhyun who left with the teacher. He sighed and clutched his bag strap. 

 

+++

 

Minhyun laid his head on the table after they were done and the teacher had left them alone as well. Aron was already clearing up to go home and Seungwoo was on his phone, checking his text. 

 

"Why are they doing this to us?" Minhyun voiced his own dissatisfaction as he dragged himself up again. 

 

" to be competent," Seungwoo muttered and kept his phone. "Seems like soccer practice is still on."

 

"Hmm?" Minhyun's ears perked up at the mention of it. "The one Daniel is part of too, right?" 

 

"Yeah. Baekho is there too. Want to drop by and watch their practice?" Seungwoo invited Minhyun.

 

"Sure. I'm a little worn out now to go home and study after all. What about you, Aron?"

 

"I'll pass. Soccer isn't my thing." 

 

"Unless their manager is there," Seungwoo whispered and Aron turned red. 

 

"Hey!" 

 

"Ahh. Our Ronnie sunbae has a crush too?" Minhyun joined in the tease this time and Aron gasped. 

 

"No! He's just-" 

 

"Ooh. Who is it?" Minhyun asked and turned to Seungwoo for a reply. 

 

"First year Choi Minki." 

 

"Seungwoo, you and your big mouth! It's not like that. We just used to go to the same cram school. That's all." 

 

"And now he's in our school," Seungwoo chuckled and Aron stuck his tongue out at the secretary before bading them goodbye. Seungwoo laughed and Minhyun sighed. 

 

"Let's get going too." 

 

The football field was wide and there were the spectator benches at the side for them to sit too. The two student council members took a seat, one on a higher level than the other and stared at the soccer club members kicking the ball. Minhyun couldn't understand the game but Seungwoo started to cheer Daniel on whole heartedly. He watched Baekho run around the field, not knowing what to think. 

 

"Seungwoo, are you ever going to tell Daniel how you feel?" Minhyun asked and Seungwoo clammed up rapidly. 

 

"Eh?? What kinda question is that?" Seungwoo blurted out, face turning red. "I-I just like to look at him. It's not like he has any interest in me." 

 

Minhyun sighed and nudged him with his foot. "It's already his last year here. It won't harm to ask him out for prom. You didn't do that last year, right?" 

 

"Prom. Prom?! Yah. Hwang Minhyun, do you know how many people would willingly throw themselves onto him too? I won't stand a chance at all," Seungwoo grumbled and crossed his arms. Minhyun pursed his lips and continued watching the game. Baekho did look like he had skills but the more Minhyun watched, the more he felt like he was being overshadowed by the ace. No, it wasn't just him alone. The entire team seemed to only kick the ball to Daniel to goal. Somehow that irritated him but not wanting to talk bad about Seungwoo's crush, he just continued watching. Baekho's form. His speed. Stamina. His precise passes. His satisfied expression. Huh. 

 

"Baekho isn't so bad either," Seungwoo said. Minhyun nodded in agreement. "I can't believe people are more afraid of him than Dongho." 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"Eh. You don't know? There are people who came to me before and told me that they were afraid of Baekho and that he might be a delinquent."

 

Minhyun raised a brow. That childhood friend of his a delinquent? It was somehow hard to imagine. Sure, Baekho had unkempt blonde hair, piercings and wore a jacket instead of the school blazer. He was also on the rougher side and had a pretty bad mouth at times but Minhyun didn't think he was a delinquent or was he just too used to it? Baekho had his cute sides too although he did hide them a lot. 

 

"Eh... Why didn't you tell me before?" 

 

"I forgot. I mean, Kang Dongho is definitely scarier. The way he glares at me every time he drops you at the student council room."

 

Minhyun chuckled and shook his head. Dongho was sweeter than Baekho in his opinion. The other also had neat hair and dressed appropriately. He was very helpful too as class president and had multiple school roles. But neither of them really struck Minhyun as bad or else he wouldn't still be friends with them. "You probably did something wrong to him before. Through my 6 years of knowing him, Dongho is as sweet as pie." 

 

"There are salty pies too," Seungwoo hissed and Minhyun laughed. "I'm pretty sure he just likes you and wants me to stop hanging around you." 

 

"No way. You're my secretary and you're not going anywhere," Minhyun chuckled. 

 

"Yes, boss. Oh. Seems like practice is over." Seungwoo got up, ready to leave since he was only here to watch Daniel. The two wasn't really on close terms either, hence Seungwoo's insecurities. Minhyun got up as well and guessed he could go get Baekho. "Well, I'm going to leave first." 

 

"Su-" Minhyun tripped on the bench and fell onto Seungwoo who tried to catch him. They both tumbled down and thankfully hadn't sat that high up or else they would have sprained something. They laid on the floor, groaning before Minhyun pushed himself up from Seungwoo. "Agh... Sorry. I missed my footing." 

 

"Is okay. You're not that heavy." 

 

Heavy footsteps charged towards them and Minhyun felt himself being pulled up by the waist. "Minhyun! Are you okay?" 

 

"Oh, Baekho. Yeah, I'm fine," He said, a little surprised that the other was hugging him with a fierce look. 

 

"Need a hand?" Daniel asked Seungwoo who turned red but immediately held his hand. 

 

"T-thanks." 

 

"No problem. We thought something terrible happened to the two of you. Wouldn't want our student council members to get hurt, would we?" Daniel said charmingly and Seungwoo chuckled nervously. 

 

"Are you going to let me go, Baekho?" Minhyun asked since his arms were still tightly wrapped around his waist.

 

"Ah. Sorry." Baekho moved away and Minhyun grimaced at the sweat stains on his blazer. "You're fine, right?"

 

"Yeah. It was just a small fall. Seungwoo absorbed most of it," Minhyun said and was about to walk to his secretary to check on him when he felt a tug backwards. Baekho held his arm and pursed his lips.

 

"He seems fine," Baekho said in a hushed tone. Minhyun raised a brow and realised Baekho was probably talking about the lovey dovey air between Seungwoo and Daniel. Minhyun was pretty sure the senior had something for him too.

 

"Hmm... Sunbae, could you walk Seungwoo home?" Minhyun asked aloud and Seungwoo gasped, glaring at Minhyun who smirked.

 

"Hmm? Of course. Let me go get my things and we can leave."

 

"Wait. You don't have to!" Seungwoo squeaked. He took a step forward and winced. Minhyun was immediately worried again.

 

"Hey, you okay?"

 

"You're actually heavy, you ," Seungwoo hissed and Minhyun chuckled.

 

"Oh, you sneaky weasel. You said that earlier because you saw Daniel," Minhyun hissed and Seungwoo stuck his tongue out at him while rubbing his back. He turned to Baekho instead. "Let's go."

 

"Hmm? You sure your friend will be fine?"

 

"Soccer practice is over, right? Plus Daniel already said he's fine with walking Seungwoo home."

 

"Ah. Yeah... I'll go get my stuff." Baekho let go of Minhyun and rushed off to get his stuff as well. Minhyun sighed softly and put his arms on his hips.

 

"I do most definitely think Daniel has something for you."

 

"I could say the same for Baekho. He was holding your waist. Ugh. Why didn't Daniel pull me up like that too?" Seungwoo lamented and Minhyun rolled his eyes at his dramatic friend.

 

"Don't be stupid. He only did that because we are comfortable with each other. I'm sure you and Daniel will each other's faces off in public once you get together."

 

"Sounds like one hell of a dream."

 

Minhyun and Seungwoo both snorted as they laughed but hurriedly stopped as the two soccer players came back with their bags and clean outfits.

 

"What were you two laughing about?" Daniel asked curiously and the two shook their heads.

 

"Nothing. Shall we go?" Seungwoo asked with a bright smile. "Bye!" 

 

"Okay. See you tomorrow, Baekho and president." Minhyun and Baekho waved to the two who walked away before going in the opposite direction.

 

"You sure you're fine?" Baekho asked one more time.

 

"I'm fine. Ask any more and I think I'll have a burst eardrum instead," Minhyun said jokingly and Baekho nodded. Minhyun's smile died down when he noticed how serious Baekho looked. He rubbed his neck. "Earlier in class. You were looking at me when I came back from the bathroom. Did you have something you want to say to me?" 

 

Baekho gulped and looked at Minhyun. "That... Its nothing." 

 

"Sure doesn't seem like nothing. Come on. We have been friends for so long. Why are you hiding things from me?" Minhyun asked with a small smile. Baekho flinched and shook his head. 

 

"Cause its not important," Baekho responded coldly and Minhyun got annoyed by that. He held Baekho's arm to stop him. 

 

"Baekho, what's going on?" 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"It's been going on for two years now. There's something going on between you and Dongho, isn't there? And don't lie to me, please. I'm your friend but nowadays, it feels like I don't know you guys either," Minhyun said calmly. Baekho gulped and clenched his fists. How could he tell the school president that it was because of him that they were like this? 

 

"It's no bi-" Baekho winced as Minhyun's grip tightened. It didn't really hurt but he was just surprised because he had never seen Minhyun look so hurt before. 

 

"You were going to say it's no big deal, isn't it?" Minhyun said in a tone that sounded like he was hurt. Baekho gulped and averted his gaze. "Look at me, Baekho." 

 

"No." 

 

"Baekho, what are you hiding?" 

 

"I... I can't tell you," Baekho replied. Minhyun let go and pursed his lips. He sighed and let out a small choked cry. Baekho gasped and turned to Minhyun who placed his hand against his eyes. "Minhyun, are you-" 

 

"I'm not. It's fine. Don't tell me," Minhyun said firmly and went ahead of Baekho who felt guilt pull at his heartstrings now. He didn't mean to hurt the person he cared about but that was him, always saying the wrong things at the wrong time. He frowned and shook his head. He couldn't tell Minhyun that they both had feelings for him and that was causing a rift between all three of them. It hurt him too, seeing Minhyun like this but he didn't want to go against Dongho either. Unless Dongho made a move first, he had to hold back. He walked behind Minhyun quietly, taking notice of the tiny shivers of the student council president's body. He wanted to hug Minhyun and confess everything to him but if Dongho found out, his relationship with his brother would be even more tense than it already was. His head hurt, trying to think of what even was the best move right now. Ah... He didn't want to think about it.