35

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Minhyun opened his window and looked around his room. When he couldn't find anything to throw, he texted the both of them. Instantly, their windows opened and the two twins stuck their heads out. They exchanged glances before waving to Minhyun who smiled nervously as he looked at the twins.

 

"So... I told my mum," Minhyun confessed and the two of them stiffened. "She caught me and Baekho hugging and well... I couldn't hide it."

 

"Are you alright?" Dongho asked first.

 

"Yeah... Why wouldn't I be?" Minhyun replied, a little confused.

 

"Cause not all parents would be fine with their child being... Gay and on top of that, dating two people at the same time?"

 

"Oh. My mum found out I was gay earlier on. I mean, I don't really have much female friends and the only people I bring home are the two of you. So she was already guessing it was one of you two but I told her just now..."

 

"And?"

 

"And..." Minhyun let go of the window sill and shrugged. "She said she's fine with me dating whoever I want to as long as I'm not hurting anyone and everyone is fine with it." 

 

Dongho and Baekho both nodded. They were fine with it so far. It did help mend parts of their own relationship too and they were definitely bickering much lesser than before. 

 

"That's good to know," Baekho said and let out a relieved sigh. "You're not hurt or anything, right?" 

 

"No. It was a peaceful talk. You two okay? You seem worried about me mentioning this to my mum." 

 

"Y-yeah. It's nothing," Dongho hurriedly cut in. Minhyun tilted his head but decided not to push Dongho into spilling whatever it was. "Um... We should sleep. Its getting late and Baekho has a game tomorrow." 

 

"Sure. I just wanted to tell you guys that. Well, good night." 

 

"Good night, Minhyun," they said simultaneously and shut the windows but instead of sleeping, Dongho went straight to Baekho's room where his twin was waiting for him. 

 

"Oh?" 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"Nothing. I just wanted to be sure. You still remember what I told you, right? Back at camp?" 

 

"Yes. Don't tell mum or dad. Why?" 

 

"No. Just wanted to make sure. Uh... Could I... Could I sleep over today?" Dongho asked to Baekho's surprise. "It's fine if-" 

 

"Oh, it's no problem. Come on in," Baekho said while shuffling his blanket around to give Dongho the space he needed. Dongho rolled into bed and laid flat, head down. Baekho chuckled and laid down. "Scared of the nightmares?" 

 

"No. Maybe. Just a little."

 

"Still have them?" 

 

"Not yet." Baekho faced Dongho and the other mirrored him. "Not since the last one." 

 

"Good." 

 

"Baekho, there's something else I should tell you." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"I've been... Having not so bright thoughts. I mean, I have had them before but I might be getting worse." 

 

"What kind of thoughts?" 

 

"Dark ones..."

 

Baekho pursed his lips. "Like?" 

 

"I... I've been thinking of ways to try to break you and Minhyun apart." 

 

Baekho stared at Dongho's guilt filled eyes. Confusion swirled in his mind as he processed Dongho's words. "W-why? Aren't we... Aren't we doing fine now?" 

 

"I know but... I... I just... I can't stop wanting Minhyun all to myself even though I know... You love him too." 

 

"Dongho..." Baekho sat up and frowned. Dongho felt genuinely bad for having to tell Baekho this but he could feel his own control slipping every passing day and it would consume him whole if he had left it be. He felt the need to tell Baekho before things really become what he feared. 

 

"I'm sorry. I can't control my thoughts. I try and I'm still trying but it's so hard."

 

"But you said before... Even if Minhyun doesn't end up with you, you wouldn't mind if he ends up with me!" 

 

"I know but things are different with Minhyun dating us both. I can't help myself. I'm really sorry." 

 

Baekho scratched his neck and sighed. "You can't... You can't just tell me something like this and expect me not to overreact." 

 

"I know. That's why I'm telling you now before I actually... Accidentally hurt either of you. I want us all to be happy. I'm not lying but I... I also just want Minhyun for myself. Surely, you understand."

 

"No, Dongho. I don't understand. We both like him so why can't we stay together? Like this? Why do you want more? Why do you have to have more?" 

 

Dongho felt a pain in his chest and he shook his head. "I don't know... I don't want to be like this either." 

 

Baekho bit his lower lip and decided to just lay down, rubbing his thumbs across his cheeks. "Just sleep. You're... You're probably thinking too much." 

 

"Baekho..."

 

"Sleep, Dongho. You're probably stressed out," Baekho replied in a harsh tone without meaning to. He just couldn't understand because he wasn't like that. Dongho flinched but laid down again and covered himself with the blanket. He should have just kept his mouth shut and his mind off. 

 

+

 

"Morning!" Minhyun greeted Dongho excitedly. Dongho put on a tired smile and walked up to him. 

 

"Morning." 

 

"Oh wow. Something wrong?" 

 

"No, what makes you say so?" 

 

"I almost thought you were Baekho with that grumpy expression," Minhyun chuckled and pinched Dongho's cheek, surprising the other since Minhyun barely did that to him. 

 

"Sorry. Do I look that terrible?" 

 

"A little. You sure you're fine?" 

 

"I am. Don't worry about it. Let's go?" 

 

"Okay then." Minhyun held Dongho's hand and led him towards school. Dongho looked at their intertwined hands and tightened his hold. He knew he should put in more effort to stop his thoughts from overflowing but the longer he dated Minhyun, the more he wanted him. He had to stop but he didn't know how. "Dongho?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"You're real quiet today." 

 

"O-oh. I'm just thinking." 

 

"About?" 

 

"It's nothing much." He didn't want Minhyun to hate him for being like this. For having thoughts that he shouldn't have. For wishing, maybe just for a bit, that he was the only one Minhyun had fallen for. 

 

"You seem really bothered by it though. Did something happen to Baekho?" 

 

Dongho twitched and shook his head. "N-no. He's fine. I guess." 

 

"Hmm..." Minhyun stopped and looked Dongho in the face. He frowned and Dongho gulped, leaning back slightly. "Yeah. There's something definitely wrong with you today." 

 

"Minhyun." 

 

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me!" Minhyun huffed. "But... Its okay to depend on me sometimes too, okay?" 

 

"Yeah..." Minhyun beamed and Dongho felt bad for hiding it but he couldn't tell Minhyun. Definitely not him. He didn't want to let go of the hand he was holding and he didn't want Minhyun to let go either. 

 

+

 

"Something feels weird lately," Minhyun said to Seungwoo as their morning meetings started again.

 

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

 

"The twins... Some days I feel like I know them and most days, I don't."

 

"Isn't that just human behavior?" Seungwoo replied him with a sigh.

 

"I guess... How are things between you and Daniel?"

 

"Huh? He's... Real busy now and real agitated too. Just the other day, he yelled at me."

 

"Really?" Minhyun gasped in surprise. He couldn't imagine Daniel ever yelling.

 

"It was my fault too since I kept pestering him about something but something just isn't right either. I think it's the nationals since he's been on edge ever since then."

 

"Hmm... But Baekho has been acting sweeter with me. He seemed fine yesterday too."

 

"Lucky you," Seungwoo scoffed and sulked. "If he has been, then what's so weird?"

 

"Dongho has become... I don't know what's the word to use... Sadder? Distant? It's as if they're slowly switching personalities. It's kinda spooky," Minhyun answered him. Seungwoo rubbed his neck.

 

"Okay. Maybe they both have never shown you their true self and now that they're dating you, they are?"

 

"That can't be... Dongho still tries to smile around me but I just can't help but feel like... Something has changed and it doesn't make me feel comfortable."

 

"Why don't you tell them then?"

 

"I don't want them to feel bad or think that I like them any lesser for their changes."

 

"Do you like them more then?"

 

"I... I don't know. Its hard to say."

 

Seungwoo sighed but before he said anything else, the door opened to an even more depressed looking Aron.

 

"Oh. Look who decided to show up now," Seungwoo muttered as Aron sat down and buried his face in his hands.

 

"That's not a good look," Minhyun whispered.

 

"He chose Jonghyun," Aron mumbled under his breath. The other two almost missed it but luckily they weren't talking so they could hear him clearly. They exchanged glances, neither knowing what to say or how to comfort Aron.

 

"H-hey. Its fine. It's not like it'll be the end of the world just be-"

 

"He chose Jonghyun to be the narrator of his play just because he has a deeper nicer voice than me."

 

Minhyun and Seungwoo pursed their lips, knowing they completely misinterpreted that earlier.

 

"O-oh! You mean the play," Seungwoo blurted out awkwardly. "So? You can just play another role or s-"

 

"No. Minki isn't finding for any more."

 

"Do you even want to be in the play? You'll be seeing Minki kiss on stage, you know," Minhyun said since he knew the script. Aron sighed and shrugged.

 

"I don't really want to see him kiss someone else but at least it's not Jonghyun."

 

Minhyun pitied Aron since he didn't know how else he could be of help to the other. He didn't want to play the role of a wingman since Jonghyun was friends with Dongho and he didn't need any unnecessary tension from there. He felt sorry for Seungwoo too since being with someone irritable was bound to cause some rifts if it continued. He felt like he shouldn't deserve to be this happy with the twins when his friends were suffering unbeknownst to himself that Dongho was also going through some stuff. 

 

"Well, let's finish up the meeting and go back to class." 

 

Minhyun walked into his class and sighed softly. He was walking back to his seat when someone stopped him abruptly. It was Myungsoo, his classmate and group mate from the camping trip. 

 

"Minhyun, is Baekho alright?" the male asked to his confusion. 

 

"Yes, he is. Why?" 

 

"It's just that he's been absent so I thought something happened." 

 

"Oh, no. He went for the national soccer competition." 

 

Myungsoo raised his brows and nodded. "I see. He didn't mention that." 

 

"Yeah... Well, Baekho isn't really the type to go around sharing what he would be doing." 

 

He had noticed the two chatting a bit more and he was glad for Baekho to be making friends, even if it was just one more. True, it made him twinge a little inside but seeing how happy it made Baekho, he had managed to smother his jealously. 

 

"That's true. Oh. If its okay, could you give me his number? I want to wish him good luck," Myungsoo said and Minhyun stiffened. He blinked a couple of times before smiling. 

 

"Uh... Maybe you can just write him a note or something and I'll hand it to him? I see him at night after all." 

 

Myungsoo looked confused for a moment. "Well, I could just hand that to Dongho then. Sorry for bothering you." 

 

"You know what? It's cool. I'll give you his number." Minhyun headed to his seat and scribbled down Baekho's number before handing it to Myungsoo. 

 

"Cool. Thanks," Myungsoo said and smiled. Minhyun nodded and groaned the moment his classmate walked away. He shrunk down onto his seat and let out a strained sigh. 

 

"What was that about?" Dongho's voice filled with his ear and he lifted his head to look at the other. 

 

"Nothing.. He just wanted Baekho's number." 

 

"Oh. Why didn't he ask me?" 

 

"How should I know?" Minhyun muttered and laid his head down again, sighing at how he probably seemed like a jerk earlier.