11

Kang, Hwang, Kang

"Minhyun!" Baekho hopped off the bench and smiled when he saw the president walking his way but quickly turned back to a serious look. Minhyun smiled tiredly and leaned his head on Baekho's shoulder, causing the athlete to turn red. "W-wah, Minhyun?"

 

"I'm tired. Ughhh..."

 

"Oh. Is it because of the locker room thing?"

 

Minhyun nodded before standing up and sighing, stretching his body. "Let's go back."

 

"Okay." They walked side by side. Minhyun's mind was already day dreaming again while Baekho became antsy. He kept glancing at Minhyun's sleeve. His hand. His shoulder. Ah. If only he was as brave as Dongho.

 

"Baekho."

 

"Eep-"

 

"Hmm? What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing!" Baekho gasped while covering his mouth and awkwardly averting his gaze.

 

"You know, I've been thinking for awhile now. Since when did you stop smiling in front of me?" Minhyun asked while pulling Baekho's hand away from his face. Baekho frowned and quirked a brow at Minhyun.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"This. You're scowling again." Minhyun poked his cheek and pushed it upwards. "You used to smile a lot more. What happened?"

 

"Nothing!" Baekho huffed and smacked Minhyun's hand away lightly. Minhyun pouted and pinched Baekho's cheeks with both hands. "Aah! Minhyun, stop."

 

"And why do you keep acting so mean even though you're just a squishy soft person?"

 

"Ugh... Because... Because I..." Baekho pursed his lips and looked at Minhyun who had unconsciously moved in close to him. He gasped and shuddered, trying to move back but Minhyun held his cheeks. "I want to look cool...."

 

Minhyun froze and let him go. He crossed his arms and tapped his chin. "Look cool?"

 

"Yeah... I thought if I looked cool... You would... Arh! Don't make me say all these things!"

 

"Say what? I'm not making you say anything."

 

"Nnh... I'm tough! I'm not s-soft!"

 

Minhyun stared at Baekho who became flustered and pushed Minhyun's face away. Minhyun laughed and moved his hand away. "That's more like the Baekho I know."

 

"Ugh... What's so... Good about this me? I get bull-" Baekho gasped and covered his mouth again. Minhyun raised his brows in surprise.

 

"What was that?"

 

"Nothing. It's nothing."

 

"Baekho. Tell me. As your student council president and friend of 6 years, I demand to know."

 

Baekho sighed and rubbed his neck. "Before we first shifted here... In our old school... Dongho made friends easily because he was friendly and not afraid to talk to anyone but it wasn't the same with me. I tried to make friends but they called me a coward, a crybaby and I was bullied," Baekho said softly. 

 

"Why...haven't you told me this before?" Minhyun gasped. Baekho shrugged. 

 

"I didn't want to look like a weakling when I came here. I thought it was... A time for me to start anew s-so... I really tried." 

 

"But... You didn't have to turn out like a thug," Minhyun chuckled softly, touching Baekho's blonde hair. 

 

"I don't know how else I could... Avoid that." 

 

Minhyun smiled and gave it some thought. "Want to come to my room?" 

 

"What for?" 

 

"Come on. It's been awhile and I think I know what you could do to make yourself more popular in school." 

 

"But I don't want to be popular."

 

"Okay. Then less... Avoided."

 

Minhyun's room was definitely just like what Baekho could see from his own bedroom. Neat and tidy. Nothing was scattered about like his room. He wasn't the messiest but one look at Minhyun's room and he felt like he was ridiculously messy.

 

"Sit, sit."

 

Baekho sat on the chair he had pulled out for him. Minhyun went towards the window, about to shut it when he caught sight of Dongho's room with Dongho inside laughing alongside another male. He froze and stared widely as the other male who he recognised after a second look made kissy faces and Dongho laughed wider.

 

What the hell.

 

"Minhyun?"

 

Minhyun flinched and pulled the curtain rashly before turning around. "Yeah?"

 

"Everything okay?"

 

"Yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't it be?" he muttered as he took off his blazer.

 

"You were staring at Dongho's room for a long while."

 

Minhyun gasped. Of course Baekho would know. They lived beside one another for 6 whole years now. "I... He... He's with someone. It just caught me off guard."

 

Baekho tilted his head. "You... Sure? Who is it?"

 

Minhyun walked over to Baekho and patted his shoulders. "Don't worry about it. It's nobody important." Baekho was curious but Minhyun gripped his shoulders, stopping him from getting up to check. He wondered if Minhyun was jealous. Baekho kept quiet and Minhyun started pulling his jacket off him. 

 

"Woah?! Minhyun?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"Why are you stripping me?" 

 

"I'm not? I'm just taking your jacket off," Minhyun replied the blushing male who totally misunderstood his intentions. "Put mine on. We are the same size, right? Unless you grew bigger." 

 

"Eh?" 

 

"I told you. We are going to make you look more... Presentable so of course wearing the school blazer will be better than this," Minhyun said as he slid on Baekho's jacket and rolled the sleeves up, grinning. Baekho blinked as the red only crept up to the tip of his ears. Minhyun was wearing his jacket. His jacket. The one he wears almost everyday. He picked up Minhyun's blazer after he recovered from that split second delight and put it on. He could still fit it in just nice. Minhyun picked up a comb and started to comb his hair downwards, letting it lose the rough tough look. "You should definitely go back to black." 

 

"Then I'll look just like Dongho," Baekho grumbled and ruffled his hair as Minhyun combed it neatly. Minhyun chuckled and combed it again. 

 

"The point is Dongho looks presentable and if you want to, you'll have to look like him." 

 

"But I don't want to. Isn't there another way to make me look presentable but different from him?" 

 

Minhyun sighed and hummed, straightening out the front bangs and smiling softly. Baekho felt his heart thump from the way Minhyun looked at him. He realised he had always been like this. Whenever Minhyun stared at him, he would feel his heartbeat pick up to the point it was loud in his ears too. His lips would quiver slightly and butterflies cramp up his stomach. He hated that he couldn't control it as it made him nervous. 

 

"Okay. What if you just remove the piercings then?" Minhyun suggested and reached for Baekho's ear. Baekho flinched and moved away, standing up while covering his ear. 

 

"N-no. I'm not removing them," Baekho stuttered and Minhyun quirked a brow at him. 

 

"Why not?" 

 

"T-that is-because j-just no! Don't want to," He scoffed and covered both his ears. Minhyun laughed and tilted his head. Something clicked in his mind then. 

 

"Is it because I called them cool?" 

 

"Eh?" Baekho covered his cheeks that were definitely overheating at this point. 

 

"I called them cool before, didn't I?" 

 

"W-well... They are... Aren't they?" 

 

"They are but they also make you look like a bad boy." 

 

Baekho groaned and let himself shrivel to a squat. "I just... I just want to look good for you." 

 

Minhyun smiled and squatted in front of Baekho who flinched. "By dressing like a bad boy?" 

 

"N-no! By... Being different from Dongho," Baekho whined and poked at the floor. Minhyun raised his brows and chuckled. 

 

"Why do you have to look different?" 

 

"Or else how would you tell us apart?" 

 

Minhyun blinked and laughed, leaning closer to Baekho who gasped. "You think I can't? If I was this close to Dongho, he wouldn't move back or blush. He will smile and come closer. You're both different, you know. You just look the same." 

 

Baekho gulped and stood up, grabbing his school bag. Minhyun turned as the other rushed out his room door before he could stop him. He rushed back to his home and almost bumped into Jonghyun on the way out but he dodged the male who was equally startled. He gave a meek apology as he rushed upstairs and locked himself in his room, tossing his bag aside and collapsing onto his bed, screaming into his pillow. He felt his mind and chest going crazy, unable to keep calm from how close Minhyun was. His touches, his voice. Baekho twitched when he realised he was feeling it more than just in his heart and mind but even his body was reacting. He wheezed softly and shook his head, keeping his hands tightly around the poor pillow. 

 

A soft knock made him jolt as the door slowly opened and Dongho poked his head in with a worried look. 

 

"Are you alright?" Dongho asked and Baekho sat up, pushing his hair out of his face and scoffed. 

 

"Y-yeah." 

 

"You're a horrible liar," Dongho said and squinted at his twin who pursed his lips and resumed his laying position with the pillow. Dongho stepped in and approached his twin. "What's wrong?" 

 

"Since when do you care?" Baekho grumbled and Dongho sighed. 

 

"Since you probably walked home with Minhyun today." Baekho picked up his pillow and threw it at Dongho who caught it. 

 

"You only care about Minhyun!" 

 

"What are you saying?" 

 

"You never care about me! And how I feel!" Baekho snapped at his twin who flinched and frowned. 

 

"That's not true... I do care." 

 

"If it involves Minhyun..."

 

Dongho rubbed his neck and sighed. "Okay. Then let me care about you this time. What's wrong? Why are you so agitated?"

 

Baekho clenched his fists and buried his face in his pillow. "I love Minhyun." 

 

Dongho stiffened and he squeezed the pillow. "I know that already." 

 

"I love him. I love him so much that it hurts. I love him but I also love you as my brother." 

 

Dongho was confused and poked Baekho. "Speak clearly, Baekho."

 

"I want both of you to be happy," Baekho said, slowly sitting up and leaning against the headrest instead. "But if Minhyun can choose only one... Or if he doesn't choose either of us..."

 

"Uh huh?"

 

Baekho shook his head. "I wanted to kiss him just now. He was so near but I couldn't. I kept thinking about you and that you'll get upset if I did that. Agh. I don't know how to deal with my emotions." 

 

Dongho patted his shoulder and sat on his bed. "It's confusing, I know." Although he was relieved to know that Baekho hadn't kissed Minhyun, he could also see how torn his twin had become over his feelings. "Maybe you should-" Dongho paused briefly as his eyes finally registered what Baekho was wearing. He looked at Baekho with questioning eyes. "Uh.... Where's your jacket?" 

 

"Huh?" He looked at his own body and gasped. "Oh. Uh... I uh..." 

 

There was no reason for him to be wearing his blazer when he's in his track suit anyways. Dongho leaned closer and sniffed the blazer. Baekho jolted and held it close to him. "Minhyun.... This is Minhyun's, isn't it?" 

 

"Hah... W-what are you saying?"

 

"I said you're a terrible liar. Why are you wearing Minhyun's blazer?" Dongho questioned, his tone sharpening. Baekho had completely forgotten earlier when he rushed to get away from Minhyun just to avoid doing anything he didn't intend to. He could see the glint in his older twin's eye that made his shudder but also frown. "You two did do something, didn't you? That's why you're acting like this." 

 

"No! Minhyun... He was just... Hey! You're not one to say either. You brought our classmate into your room and Minhyun saw it! H-he was upset!" Baekho said, hoping that would distract Dongho from the blazer issue and it did as Dongho's eyes widened. 

 

"He saw?!" 

 

"Yeah and he looked really jealous too. I think?" 

 

Baekho wasn't sure why he was telling Dongho these as he squeezed Minhyun's blazer tighter around himself. He had this weird feeling that Dongho would have tried to rip it off him to return to Minhyun if he let it go now and frankly, he wanted to wear it even if just a little longer.

 

"Jealous... Huh. Fine. I guess I'll forgive you this time."