16

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Minhyun stared at the two twins in his living room bickering over a certain problem that happened in school. He didn't know how to help them since Dongho's lollipop had gone missing and he accused Baekho of taking it but Baekho defended himself.

 

"Alright. Let's go over this theft one more time," Minhyun said and clapped his hand to get their attention. There was no way they could have a sleep over if the two were being upset at each other.

 

"I checked my bag after school and the lollipop you gave me this morning is gone."

 

"Yeah but I never even went near your bag so how could I have taken it? It could have been anyone else in class!" Baekho squeaked in protest.

 

"Because... You were the only one who touched it when I asked you to help me hold it when I went to the bathroom."

 

"And why would I take it? I've got my own!"

 

"Well, maybe because you don't want me to have it!"

 

Minhyun sighed as the two started to raise their voice again. Minhyun stood up and grabbed both their heads, pushing them back against the couch. "Stop yelling at each other!"

 

They both squeaked and quieted down. 

 

"You're both grown ups so why are you yelling like you're ten again?" Minhyun gasped as he moved his hands away from the twins who pouted. "Dongho, it's fine if you lose the lollipop. Maybe it fell out or something. You can't just blame Baekho for it. He already says he's got no reason to take yours. And you, Baekho, don't be so quick to raise your voice too."

 

"But... But you gave it to me... How could I have lost it?" Dongho whined. "I made sure to keep it in the inside pocket and I even threw everything out but its not there."

 

"Okay so let's just say someone did steal the lollipop, why would you even think Baekho did it?" Minhyun sighed. "We did leave our bags in class during lunch period too. Someone else could have taken it."

 

"But why?"

 

"I don't know either. Anyways, it's just a lollipop. I'll get you another one, okay? So stop acting like a child or neither of you gets to sleep here tonight."

 

The twins gasped and Baekho frowned at Dongho who was still sulking. He really didn't take the lollipop from Dongho's bag and he wasn't even sure why anyone would do that. 

 

"Baekho, let me check your bag," Minhyun said instead and Baekho was surprised.

 

"You don't think I took it, did you?" Baekho gasped and Minhyun shook his head. 

 

"I don't. But just to prove to Dongho that it wasn't you, I'll check it." 

 

Baekho groaned but handed Minhyun his bag. Minhyun looked inside, going through books and a pencil case before he stopped and pulled out a box of chocolates that Baekho didn't even know was inside. 

 

"I didn't know you get chocolates too," Minhyun said, not meaning it rudely or teasingly but the shock on Baekho's face confused him. Baekho took the box and examined it. 

 

"Wait a minute. I didn't get any other chocolates except from you and Minki. This... Its from the girl today." 

 

"What girl?" Minhyun questioned. 

 

"There was a girl who wanted me to give Dongho chocolates but I told her to give it to you herself. Why is it in my bag?" Baekho questioned aloud. Minhyun rubbed his neck and gasped softly. 

 

"Ah... I see now. You two carry around similar bags. The girl must've had wanted to put it inside Dongho's bag but put it in yours instead since you were holding Dongho's bag earlier." 

 

"But my lollipop?" 

 

"Maybe she took it as a way to exact revenge on Baekho who didn't do as she wanted?" Minhyun guessed since he could only speculate from what was going on. "Taking someone else's chocolates on Valentine's day would make them upset after all." 

 

"This is why I told you we should get different colored bags," Baekho huffed and Dongho sulked even more. "Stop sulking already. I'll ask her to return the chocolate. And this is meant for you."

 

"Don't want it. I only want Minhyun's," Dongho said childishly and Minhyun chuckled. 

 

"Well, at least we cleared this up. Now go shower, the two of you." 

 

Baekho nodded and got up, heading towards the bathroom upstairs in Minhyun's room. Dongho still sulked a little. Minhyun stood up and walked over to him, poking his cheek. 

 

"Come on. Let's see what we can prepare for dinner." 

 

Dongho nodded and got up. He wrapped his arms around Minhyun who jolted but stood still. 

 

"Um... Dongho?" 

 

"I'm sorry I lost the chocolate," Dongho mumbled. Minhyun chuckled softly and ruffled his hair, ignoring the loud noises in his chest as he tried to cheer Dongho up. 

 

"It's not that big of a deal and I thought you wanted to get along with Baekho so why are you so easily pointing your finger at him? We both know he would never steal your things." 

 

Dongho pouted and nodded. "I just didn't know who else would try to make me upset." 

 

"Baekho wouldn't and you know that," Minhyun said calmly. He tilted Dongho's head up and found himself gulping. He shook his head and moved away from the embrace. Dongho let go and followed him to the kitchen. "So, what do you think we should make?" 

 

"Chives pancakes and maybe some broth?" Dongho suggested as he viewed the pantry. 

 

"Alright." The two prepared the ingredients and started to wash them. Dongho took charge of the chopping and instructed Minhyun on what to add into the pot. He also prepared a separate pot for instant rice packets. Baekho came down after he was done and ruffled his damp hair with his towel, joining the two in the kitchen. 

 

"Your turn," Baekho said to Dongho who nodded. 

 

"Just make sure it doesn't boil over. Baekho, you know how to make the pancakes, right? I've got the batter ready," Dongho said to Baekho who nodded. The bespectacled twin smiled and headed off to shower. Baekho heated up the pan and Minhyun stirred the pot. 

 

"Thank you for defending me earlier," Baekho mumbled as he started to make the pancakes. 

 

"It's no problem. I trust you wouldn't do something like that," Minhyun replied. 

 

"Of course not. I know... How important everything... You give Dongho is. I would never take it," Baekho mumbled slightly while poking around the sides of the pancake. Minhyun chuckled softly and leaned closer to get a better look. 

 

"Is that... A heart shape?" Minhyun cooed teasingly and Baekho turned red. 

 

"Wah! Don't look at it!" Baekho squeaked and tried to block Minhyun's view. Minhyun grinned and pinched Baekho's cheek. 

 

"Aigoo. Why are you being so cute?" 

 

Baekho swatted his hand away and frowned. "No, I'm not! T-this is just how we usually m-make it." Baekho's hand moved to break the pancake but Minhyun caught it before the spatula landed. 

 

"Don't break it."

 

Baekho bit his lower lip and stared at Minhyun's hand on his. "I won't. So let go." 

 

"Ah. Sorry," Minhyun said and moved his hand away. Baekho flipped the pancake and sheepishly pressed it. Dongho rushed into the kitchen and panted a little. 

 

"Is it done?" he asked and Baekho nodded, sliding it out onto the plate. "Great. Let's eat then." 

 

The three of them arranged the table and gathered around before thanking each other for the food as they started eating. 

 

"Oh. Why is this shaped so weirdly?" Dongho blurted out and Baekho kicked his leg, making him wince. "Ow. What was that for?"

 

"It's n-not weird!" Baekho squeaked, obviously embarrassed. Minhyun stifled his laughter and shoved rice into his mouth to keep it down. Dongho glanced between the two and gasped softly. 

 

"Were you trying to impress Minhyun?" Dongho whispered to his brother who scowled at him. He chuckled and went back to eating. 

 

"The two of you are really so much better at cooking now," Minhyun said, impressed by the quality of food. 

 

"Thank you," Dongho replied with a huge smile. 

 

"While I still can't cook at all." 

 

"We can teach you if you want." 

 

"Oh no. I'll burn down the kitchen if I try later on without any assistance."

 

"Baking is easy though. We could try that."

 

"Maybe after exams."

 

Baekho couldn't find a pause to even in the conversation so he just sat there and listen to them talk as always. As long as they were happy, he was too. That would always be the case no matter who Minhyun chose, Baekho thought. 

 

"So the both of you can camp here on the floor," Minhyun said as they were settling in for the night. Extra mattresses had been pulled out along with blankets and pillows for the twins. 

 

"But you have one more space on the bed," Dongho said. 

 

"Yes but I like my space," Minhyun chuckled. 

 

"Why don't you sleep down here with us too?" 

 

Minhyun seemed to give it a thought before shaking his head. "No way. I'm not going to cramp around with you two. Have you looked in the mirrors recently? We are all huge!" 

 

Dongho and Baekho exchanged glances. At that moment, their minds seemed to click as they both grabbed Minhyun and pulled him onto the mattress with them. 

 

"Wah!" The twins chuckled as they clung onto Minhyun who pouted. It was times like this that reminded Minhyun they were twins despite their differences too. "It's too cramped like this." 

 

"Mmm... But we don't mind, do we, Baekho?" Dongho asked his twin who just shrugged and hid his blushing face on the pillow as his grip around Minhyun's arm tightened slightly. Minhyun sighed and looked between the two of them. He didn't want either of them to ever feel sad. 

 

"Can't we just stay like this?" Minhyun whispered his question. Dongho and Baekho looked at him, both identically pressing their lips thinly. 

 

"If that's what you want...," Dongho said softly but Minhyun could feel his hands squeeze his arm. Baekho didn't say anything as he scooted closer and just placed his head against Minhyun's arm silently. Minhyun smiled thinly and ruffled both their hairs. 

 

"I just don't want to ruin what we have right now by choosing one over the other. I like the both of you. Making me choose..." Minhyun took off his glasses, putting it aside before pulling Dongho's off as well. They both knew they didn't need glasses but wore it all the same. "Hurts me just as much as it would you two." 

 

The twins stayed silent and Minhyun knew he probably shouldn't say more now. Dongho hugged Minhyun's arm and closed his eyes. Baekho squeezed his arm and scooted closer too.

 

"Let's just sleep. Sorry for bringing the mood down," Minhyun said and the two shook their heads.

 

"It's fine. Good night, Minhyun," Dongho said first before Baekho grunted a good night as well.

 

"Good night, you two."

 

Guess he will be sleeping with them after all. 

 

Or try to.

 

"Are you still awake?" The whisper was sudden but enough for him to open his eyes again. He glanced to his left where Baekho laid. 

 

"Yeah. You too?" 

 

"Mmm... What about Dongho?" 

 

Minhyun turned to his left to find the other twin sound asleep, breathing lowly. He gave him a light poke to see if he would react but nothing happened. "Asleep." 

 

"Minhyun ah..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Won't you choose Dongho?" 

 

"Then... What about you?" 

 

"I'll be fine. I... I just want you two to be happy and being with you is when Dongho is the happiest. I don't want to lose that." 

 

Yet he squeezed Minhyun's arm. 

 

"Will that make you happy though?" Minhyun asked and Baekho shrugged. 

 

"I don't know... But that doesn't matter. As long as Dongho is..."

 

Minhyun moved his hand and found Baekho's hand, clutching it. Baekho flinched but slowly curled his fingers around Minhyun's hand as well. 

 

"I want both of you to be happy, Baekho ah. Not just Dongho."