31

Kang, Hwang, Kang

Baekho jogged a little to match Daniel's speed since his senior seemed to be riled up for some reason.

 

"Who were they?" Baekho asked and Daniel hissed, startling the younger male. Daniel flinched when he realised he was scaring Baekho and tried to calm down by taking deep breaths. 

 

"They're from China. Our school team went against them for nationals two years ago but just before finals started, our striker was down. At that time, he was a senior who had both speed and stamina but just before the games, his leg got hurt to the point it was swelling. He wouldn't tell us what happen but we figured out later on that some delinquent students was the cause of it. No one came up and admit it so the referees deem it to be our own problem for allowing our star striker to get hurt before the competition. He couldn't even play soccer anymore and lost all his chances at even getting into a sports college. It was infuriating."

 

Daniel clenched his fists and was furious. Baekho had heard of some accident happening before but he didn't know the full context until today. "What does it have to do with the China team?" 

 

"They were behind it of course. Only a few students from our school were present since it was held there. Everyone else were from China and why would we sabotage our own team? I won't forgive them for stooping so low." 

 

"But you don't know for sure if-" 

 

"I do. I know the senior... He told me when we last met up... He didn't want to admit it before that because he didn't want the competition to be cancelled. It was his last year and he wanted to play no matter what... That's why I swore I would win it this year."

 

Baekho pursed his lips. He knew agitation wasn't the way to go about this but now he understood why Daniel was so keen on winning this year's competition. "We will do our best, Daniel. Don't let them get to you."

 

Daniel let out a heavy sigh and nodded. "You're right. I shouldn't let this take over me." 

 

Baekho patted his shoulder. "Let's go practice." 

 

-

 

Minhyun mumbled the lines as the two waited in line for their turn at the audition. Dongho had somehow managed to convince Minhyun to come all the way to the gym hall just for it and now the student council president couldn't help but to take it seriously. He went before Dongho, walking up the stage nervously with the script in his hand. He saw Minki with sunglasses and legs folded on the table with long heels and crossed arms. He really did look like a diva in that moment and Minhyun found himself relaxing a little as it seemed playful. He cleared his throat and tapped the script against his chest.

 

"Go on. You may start now," Minki spoke in a sophisticated tone. Minhyun nodded and straightened his back, breathing out deeply before his eyes met Dongho's who showed him thumbs up. He chuckled internally since he was here just for fun yet he felt like he seemed more nervous. He started reciting the lines, trying to act out the emotions accordingly as well. Minhyun always tried to perform to the best of his capabilities so this wasn't any different either.

 

Dongho was in awe since Minhyun looked so confident on the stage. Hands moving outwards naturally, expression showing a variety of range and his tone was touching. Minki sat up straight, putting his legs down and lowering his sunglasses as well.

 

Minhyun finished his lines and immediately reverted back to his usual calm student council president as if someone had flipped a switch back. He smiled to Minki and bowed before exiting the stage.

 

"N-next."

 

Dongho hopped up the stage and Minki raised his brows with anticipation. Dongho's rendition was a little more cheerful, hyper and overall, different from Minhyun's. It had its own charm as the relatively larger sized male moved gracefully across the stage to act out some moves as per the script. Once he was done, he bowed and headed off stage, meeting up with Minhyun who beamed at him. 

 

"You did wonderful," Minhyun praised him, glad their little night practice sessions seem to prove useful. Dongho smiled and leaned his head on Minhyun's shoulder, surprising the other who ruffled his hair in response. 

 

"You too." 

 

"I hope you really get the role. It fits you perfectly."

 

"You're kidding. You did it way better than me."

 

"I'm not trying to succeed here," Minhyun joked and Dongho just rolled his eyes. He liked this, spending time with Minhyun doing random stuff. He wondered what were the chances of them doing things like this in the future when they're busy going to college or working. They sat alone backstage as they waited for the others to finish auditioning. 

 

"Minhyun... Um... I was thinking after graduation, I want to shift out from home," Dongho started and Minhyun's eyes widened.

 

"Shift out? What about Baekho?"

 

"I'll... Ask him later but its because of my choice for college. Its closer to town and travelling there would be easier if I got a place closer to a train station or something."

 

"You've decided on what you want to study?"

 

Dongho smiled and nodded. "I've always liked the sea, the ocean especially since we used to live near such places for my parents' work. I've decided that I want to be a marine biologist."

 

"Oh... That's good to hear." 

 

Dongho nodded and fiddled with his fingers. "So uh... I was thinking if... If you want, we could stay together and you could try finding for a college nearby too b-but I'm not forcing you to or anything... I just... Really wish we could stay together even after school." 

 

Minhyun smiled and swung his leg a little. "That sounds nice but I'm still not that sure on what I want to take yet." 

 

"Okay... I can wait for an answer. But yeah, that's my plan." 

 

"It's great to hear it. Thanks for telling me." 

 

Dongho glanced over to Minhyun and breathed in, leaning closer. "Hey, Minhyun?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

He held Minhyun's hand and the other flinched. "Can I kiss you?" 

 

"H-here? Now?" Minhyun blurted out, glancing around the dimly lit backstage and Dongho nodded. 

 

"You can say no. It's just that we haven't had much progress in terms of our physical relationship. I know you might prefer to take things slow but... I feel like if I don't give you or Baekho a little push, we won't go any further."

 

Minhyun gulped and pursed his lips. He knew he was a bit of a coward himself when it came to physical initiation. As much as he liked to tease Baekho, he never really initiated a kiss with him either. Not to mention, he was just getting used to looking at them in the eye again. 

 

"We are just... Acting like normal like nothing has changed. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I do wish we would be able to sleep together some day. Whether it's sooner or later. I know I scare you whenever I'm being this forward but... If I don't, we won't ever do anything, would we?"

 

Minhyun's cheeks turned red and his heart pounded a little faster. He bit his lower lip and curled his fingers around Dongho's hand. "I... Okay."

 

"You can kiss Baekho too. Promise I won't get mad about that," Dongho said and his pleading eyes made Minhyun cave in. He shut his eyes tightly and squeezed Dongho's hand. Dongho took it as permission to inch even closer. Minhyun stiffened when he felt Dongho bump him and even more so when he felt something soft on his lips. He didn't know what to do with his own lips much like the first time Dongho kissed him. He felt the other move closer, lips tilting to the side and his own puckered, trying to move along with whatever felt... Natural. Dongho pulled away though and Minhyun blinked his eyes open, noticing the pink hue on his cheeks as well. "Relax, Minhyun. I'm not trying to eat you or something." 

 

"I... I don't know what to do." 

 

"Do whatever makes you feel good," Dongho replied and went in for another. Minhyun gasped softly but built up the confidence to try to reciprocate the kiss. Whether it felt good or not, he wasn't particularly sure but his body reacted in a way that he guessed was good? He found himself leaning in the kiss too, parting his lips slightly to feel more of Dongho's lips. It surprised the twin who unconsciously shifted back as Minhyun led the kiss but the president broke the kiss when he heard footsteps. He cleared his throat when someone poked their head in. 

 

"Minhyun? Dongho? Minki is asking everyone to come back on stage," a drama club member said and the two nodded, hurriedly following him out. They were both a little out of breath despite not doing much. Cheeks red and heart thumping a few hundred miles per hour. They got on stage along with the other students and stood in a line. Minki strutted up the stage, hands on hip and all as he scanned each one of them. He mumbled words as he walked pass the students before briefly pausing in front of Dongho. He spun around once he reached the end of the line and did an imaginary scarf flip. 

 

"I've decided who my Romeo should be," he announced and strutted up to Minhyun who stiffened. He blinked and Minki squinted at him before his arm stretched out and landed on the student beside Minhyun instead. "You." 

 

"E-eh? Me?" 

 

"That's right. You'll be the perfect Romeo!" 

 

Minhyun felt himself letting out a relieved sigh as neither him nor Dongho was chosen. Minki turned to him however and smirked. 

 

"Oh mister president, if you don't mind, I'll love for you to actually play a little role in my play too. Is that okay?" Minki cooed and Minhyun raised a brow. 

 

"Me?" 

 

"Oh yes. I've got the perfect role for you and of course, you too, Dongho." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

Minhyun and Dongho exchanged surprised glances before Minhyun spoke, "Well, while I really appreciate the gesture, I don't think I'll be able to join the play after all. I'll be super busy during the festiv-" 

 

Dongho gripped Minhyun's sleeve and the student president paused briefly. Minki wriggled his brows and chuckled. "It's not going to be a long role. Just a couple of minutes would suffice."

 

"Well... Okay. If you say so," Minhyun sighed and Dongho beamed. Minki clapped his hands and grinned. 

 

"Alright. Dismiss. I'll see you three in practice. After school at the drama club room every Wednesday." He winked and left the hall as the rest of the students scattered off as well. Minhyun sighed and Dongho chuckled. 

 

"Well, that was unexpected. I was pretty sure you would get the role," Dongho said and Minhyun smiled. 

 

"I thought you would."

 

"So... Let's go home?" 

 

"Yeah, of course." 

 

The two headed back home and didn't mention much about the kiss from earlier until they were at the front of Minhyun's home. Dongho slid his hand away from Minhyun's hesitantly before turning around. "See you..in a bit?" 

 

"Sure." Even without Baekho, they decided that they should still keep up studying. Minhyun entered his home and breathed out, unsure why he was holding his breath. He took a quick shower before heading over to Dongho's home where the other was waiting for him. They sat opposite each other and Minhyun fidgeted slightly. He glanced at Dongho who was already concentrating on his work and reached over sheepishly, touching his hand. Dongho's pupils shifted up before his lips curved into a smile. 

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"Um... You mentioned that you watched p... Adult films with Baekho before, right?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"I... I was wondering if... If you know, we could..." 

 

"Watch them?" 

 

Minhyun turned red but nodded. 

 

"For... Research purposes?" Dongho questioned and Minhyun nodded again. 

 

"I just... I've seen... Guys doing it before up close but it wouldn't hurt to just actually... Understand the process of it and you know." 

 

Dongho chuckled and nodded. "I know. I'll go get the laptop. Wait here." 

 

Minhyun squeaked and nodded, unable to believe he just asked his friend... Boyfriend such a thing.